The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Most streamers don't do that anymore because of the subscriber churn.
also, HBO never really took part in that either(Maybe for something like Peacemaker when it was max only?). Penguin also may be showing on the actual HBO channel and not just a "max original". So dropping them all at once would hurt HBO more.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't think this was a great first episode. It's wild because, I think this interpretation is the most accurate Batman universe. Farrell is phenomenal, I actually prefer the gangster take because I prefer more grounded comicbook narratives; the walk, the accent, it all is something I can get behind, but I feel like the execution is less than the sum of all it's parts.

I truly think there are so many interesting dimensions that you can go into with colorful gangsters over takeover the world supervillains so I aholding out hope. I just can't completely put my finger on it, but I'm underwhelmed. There were some scenes with incredibly bad CGI, specifically with the car scenes that just completely took me out of it. I don't know if it's that I need Batman cameos to feel like I'm more invested in it or what, but I just don't feel compelled to watch yet.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GYp9dHeWkAAoxBI

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I’m watching it right now before I watch the show…..stopped at about half way cause damn it’s long but it is a good detective movie… as an action movie it falls flat (the penguin chase).. I like the fights tho…
I take that back.. the last half was chefs kiss :ohlawd:
Yea man check out the pilot.
Watching it now