The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I liked the first episode. I like that they picked someone like Cristin Milioti to play Sofia Falcone. She's portrayed as a UNIT so often. Seeing a petite version for this show is great. But, it really is a credit to her, that from the moment she appears on the screen. You can instantly be like

steve-harvey-crazy.gif

Curious decision to debut it on a Thursday and not air episode 2 until this coming Sunday. But, I'm definitely in for the whole series.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I want to agree….but The Dark Knight is a hard one to top. I did love The Batman, though.

I wrote the best review of the dark knight on rottentomatoes.
Before change of format.

The issue with the dark knight is what atypically happens in every batman movie. Till the batman. Which is the movie is not really about batman.
The Batman finally is a batman movie about the batman.

As the whole villain fascination. To usurp batman for the villain. Is just an approach that creates disconnect. Hence why the last and first dark knight are not given their due in the trilogy. When that trilogy is crack.
Yet...the batman finally gives us a batman movie. While also grounding everything.
into what if batman was real and not just a figment of imaginative movie magic. Which acts as a device to emasculate the hero. Past th point of no return for a hero.
In a movie of and more about the villain.
The dark knight has too much of the my buddy batman effect.
Where you have to have an idea of what batman is. Plus rhe joker. Plus why there exists a film content adaptation of rhe dark knight series.

With the batman. All ypu need to do is watch to learn about batman. Without any prior knowledge.
of who or what batman is.

Art Barr

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been a while since I've watched the Sopranos. But, something about the cadence that Colin's using for the Penguin really reminds me of Tony talking.

I thought the same thing. And I just recently re-watched the Sopranos. Tony's speech rhythm and cadence was definitely still bouncing around in my head.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't even watched the first episode only clips and bits here X there
.and I got xxactly the same :ehh:
It's been a while since I've watched the Sopranos. But, something about the cadence that Colin's using for the Penguin really reminds me of Tony talking.

I thought the same thing. And I just recently re-watched the Sopranos. Tony's speech rhythm and cadence was definitely still bouncing around in my head.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
From a photography standpoint, this doesn't look nearly as good as The Batman. They shoulda tapped in with Greg Frasier again
some of the outdoor scenes and action sequences in the car looked a lil off im ngl

Luckily the car chase scene at the end was short

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I liked the first episode. I like that they picked someone like Cristin Milioti to play Sofia Falcone. She's portrayed as a UNIT so often. Seeing a petite version for this show is great. But, it really is a credit to her, that from the moment she appears on the screen. You can instantly be like

steve-harvey-crazy.gif

Curious decision to debut it on a Thursday and not air episode 2 until this coming Sunday. But, I'm definitely in for the whole series.

lol yup but she was thicc as hell in Long Halloween :wow:
Reference Emporium on X: Screenshots of Sofia Falcone from Batman: The  Long Halloween. Album https://t.co/eVvgjjXbtX https://t.co/WYcsXYXt47 / X