The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has that person NEVER seen a "gangster" movie before ?? :mjlol:
Him and the other guy weren't superhero movie guys, but the other had at least seen the Batman. The one that saw it said him and the other guy were both gangster movie buffs so he thought that would rope him in.

But still, even if you never saw the movie, the brief intro was enough to know it's a mob family that just saw the head get killed and that Penguin was part of the crew. You don't need much more exposition to understand what was going on.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Him and the other guy weren't superhero movie guys, but the other had at least seen the Batman. The one that saw it said him and the other guy were both gangster movie buffs so he thought that would rope him in.

But still, even if you never saw the movie, the brief intro was enough to know it's a mob family that just saw the head get killed and that Penguin was part of the crew. You don't need much more exposition to understand what was going on.

Dude should have just watched 'The Batman' first because that film is a lot like 'Se7en' and I know all those cacs over at The Ringer are huge Fincher stans... lol

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I was thinking after watching the first episode if there was going to be a tie in for the new Batman. Or possibly something else entirely

I’m not too sure about that new Dune. Gave off some weird GOT vibes.
It's more like Foundation with witches

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
You should watch the movie first.

Was listening to a Ringer podcast about the first episode, one of the guys didn't see the movie and was complaining about the show expecting him to know who the Falcones were :stopitslime:

I know they were in the Gotham series. Carmine Falcone, yeah buddy from the wire, was in a few seasons and i see his daughter was in a season. I'll have to watch the film for a refresher tho. especially since the movie looks to have came out after the show.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It kiiiiinnnda is a knockoff Sopranos & the overall doesn't look nowhere close to as good as The Batman. And more importantly it doesn't look high quality HBO. Cinematography & musical cues don't hit like the rest of its strong points.

Howver, the characters, scenario, acting, etc. is engaging as hell.

Kinda wish Matt Reeves directed this, but still its such a step up in quality from what we're use to.