Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Kids license said Gotham nj
GX7VfARWAAA4Zr3
GX4e31VWwAAMZtC
GX7t00QXEAggRtu
I'm saying the "layout" of the city itself looks like NYC.

E.g. there's a scene when Penguin and his sidekick cross the DC "GW Bridge" and take the DC "Palisades Parkway" to visit the Falcone gang in DC "Alpine NJ".
(Felt a little GTA 4-ish to me)

And Penguin's club is clearly near the BQE in Brooklyn.

Usually Gotham City is sort of an island in a bay, with NY-ish landmarks. This time (for the first time) you can actually tell where the locations stand in for (other than obvious stuff like a Gotham Times Square that you would see in every Batman version)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm saying the "layout" of the city itself looks like NYC.

E.g. there's a scene when Penguin and his sidekick cross the DC "GW Bridge" and take the DC "Palisades Parkway" to visit the Falcone gang in DC "Alpine NJ".
(Felt a little GTA 4-ish to me)

And Penguin's club is clearly near the BQE in Brooklyn.

Usually Gotham City is sort of an island in a bay, with NY-ish landmarks. This time (for the first time) you can actually tell where the locations stand in for (other than obvious stuff like a Gotham Times Square that you would see in every Batman version)
Found an article about what i kind of picked up on:

Apparently the movie was filmed on sets in London, and for the show they recreated the locations using actual NY locations.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sofia was stealing every scene she was in so far. Bih got the cuckoo aesthetic down real proper like. And that dinner scene was downright unsettling :picard:

Yeah, bytch aint there all the way in the head. Peng Dog know this bytch is crazy too.

But yeah, just finished the Pilot. She is 100% scene stealing.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Sounds like the first episode was great. I'll have to check it out.

I don't think i saw The Batman. I been out the loop on batman films lately, just seeing parts here and there on tv.

I know i remember the one with the bank robbery and the joker stabbing buddy with a pencil. Don't remember if that's the same film. I also know there was one where he fought Bane. I think the one that I remember more is the batman vs superman one. I did enjoy the Gotham show, don't remember around what time that was out compared to the films. Haven't seen the joker tho I heard that was good.

I'll have to check this show out later tonight or on the weekend if it's gonna be good.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like the first episode was great. I'll have to check it out.

I don't think i saw The Batman. I been out the loop on batman films lately, just seeing parts here and there on tv.

I know i remember the one with the bank robbery and the joker stabbing buddy with a pencil. Don't remember if that's the same film. I also know there was one where he fought Bane. I think the one that I remember more is the batman vs superman one. I did enjoy the Gotham show, don't remember around what time that was out compared to the films. Haven't seen the joker tho I heard that was good.

I'll have to check this show out later tonight or on the weekend if it's gonna be good.
You should watch the movie first.

Was listening to a Ringer podcast about the first episode, one of the guys didn't see the movie and was complaining about the show expecting him to know who the Falcones were :stopitslime: