The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's really hard for me not to throw these 780tis in the bushes. Gotta be patient though...

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
is there a new beta driver somewhere?

wait, I don't see a new beta. Are you using an older driver?

344.24 Notebook Drivers WHQL, you can install them on Desktop with a modded inf file. Pretty much what we'll soon get on desktop give or take. One neat thing is that it enables DSR for Kepler/Fermi cards.

http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.24/344.24-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

To install you have to extract the driver and place the modded inf file in the Display.Driver folder overwriting the exiting one. Then just start the setup.exe and install like usual.

edit:

In other news another G-Sync monitor is about to launch.

www.amazon.com/Philips-272G5DYEB-27-Inch-Ultimate-Performance/dp/B00MUTW5LG

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
people on neogaf are reporting that The Evil Within runs fine with 2gb gpu's. the framerate can be unlocked, but apparently maintaining 60fps isn't easy

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Steam still hasn't charged me for Borderlands and it's unlocked :jawalrus:

Maybe I did get it for free (or I'm getting charged tomorrow or some shyt)

Wish I had time to play the game though. Oh well, there's always tomorrow

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Steam still hasn't charged me for Borderlands and it's unlocked :jawalrus:

Maybe I did get it for free (or I'm getting charged tomorrow or some shyt)

Wish I had time to play the game though. Oh well, there's always tomorrow

i will live vicariously through you...keep us updated.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:dead: at these ports. The pc gaming community has gotta get on these muthafukkas some how. We can't afford bad ports right now. We could get away with it last gen, cuz our shyt overpowered the consoles like 10 to 1, but it's harder now.

I'm gonna be guilty of buying shytty ports this year, I know, but maybe we need to boycott this shyt. I dunno what the solution is, but it seems like every month some new bullshyt comes up.

Maybe we'll just have to wait for stronger hardware again to overcome bad ports. It'll hopefully be better next year or so

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The Evil Within gets a slight pass IMO because they said it's meant to be played at 30fps, and unlocking that would be 'at your own risk'

but shyt seems like a mess beyond that. if anything, I'll be waiting for $5 sale...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:dead: at these ports. The pc gaming community has gotta get on these muthafukkas some how. We can't afford bad ports right now. We could get away with it last gen, cuz our shyt overpowered the consoles like 10 to 1, but it's harder now.

I'm gonna be guilty of buying shytty ports this year, I know, but maybe we need to boycott this shyt. I dunno what the solution is, but it seems like every month some new bullshyt comes up.

Maybe we'll just have to wait for stronger hardware again to overcome bad ports. It'll hopefully be better next year or so
Just buy them at crazy discounts.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just buy them at crazy discounts.
Still putting money in their pockets, but yeah, that works I guess.

Or I could pirate. But I NEVER pirate games for some reason. Movies, TV, and Music, yeah, but for games I don't do it. :manny: