The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
$900 on fans? I’m buying $SPY with that.
I ended up getting the Lian Li ones, because Corsair was being annoying with the connectors. They are actually cheaper too. Still expensive, but $400 for the Lian Li vs $900 for the Corsair and better connector options too.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well, ordered three 420 EK radiators :wow:

I've never been able to use a 420 radiator before, and now I can use 3 of them :wow:

This build is gonna be chilly :blessed:

The only thing left I have to buy are fittings (I gotta figure that out), some ssd cables, and then some custom cables (just mobo and gpu though) :lupe:

I gotta wait until mid-Feb at the earliest though, because of EK backlog (they claim the Dark Hero waterblock should be ready by Feb 8)

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I ended up getting the Lian Li ones, because Corsair was being annoying with the connectors. They are actually cheaper too. Still expensive, but $400 for the Lian Li vs $900 for the Corsair and better connector options too.
Highly recommend aquacomputer for watercooling monitoring and sensor controls. I got me an octo controller that controls 19 fans, 3 pumps and has sensors to read my fluid temps, inside case temps, rgb lighting for my reservoir and waterblock. shyt is unreal. It can detect leaks and auto shut off your pc even if you arent home.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Highly recommend aquacomputer for watercooling monitoring and sensor controls. I got me an octo controller that controls 19 fans, 3 pumps and has sensors to read my fluid temps, inside case temps, rgb lighting for my reservoir and waterblock. shyt is unreal. It can detect leaks and auto shut off your pc even if you arent home.
Nice! I gotta look into that. Thanks!

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Nice! I gotta look into that. Thanks!
Bro, you do custom watercooling. Aquacomputer is the goat software system. All those major brands aint got shyt on them. Its a german company engineered by germans.

I cant believe i hadnt used them sooner. If you really are interested, let me know. I can help you find what parts for your needs.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bro, you do custom watercooling. Aquacomputer is the goat software system. All those major brands aint got shyt on them. Its a german company engineered by germans.

I cant believe i hadnt used them sooner. If you really are interested, let me know. I can help you find what parts for your needs.
I'm very interested, but do I need to get different fans? The idea of interconnected fans with no fukking cables excites me, so I got those Lian Li fans. One of the things I hate about builds are the fan cables, but in reality, it's not a humongous deal.

I'm more concerned about tubing and bends with this new Cooler Master case. I had to get a generic EKWB pump. The cool thing about my current Lian Li case (with the build that completely bricked) is that it's all straight lines. No bending needed. I hate bending. I'll fukking put 90 degree or 45 degree fittings in that shyt before doing a bend. :yeshrug:

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I'm very interested, but do I need to get different fans? The idea of interconnected fans with no fukking cables excites me, so I got those Lian Li fans. One of the things I hate about builds are the fan cables, but in reality, it's not a humongous deal.

I'm more concerned about tubing and bends with this new Cooler Master case. I had to get a generic EKWB pump. The cool thing about my current Lian Li case (with the build that completely bricked) is that it's all straight lines. No bending needed. I hate bending. I'll fukking put 90 degree or 45 degree fittings in that shyt before doing a bend. :yeshrug:
What lian li fans you get?

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
9 of the

Lian Li UNI Fan AL140 V2 140mm​

2 of the 120s as well for the back of my case.

Those fans are dope. Got those for my nieces build last september. Stick with the lian li controller for the fans. Their rgb controller is top notch. Id still recommend getting a aquacomputer quadro, flow sensor to control your pump and monitor your temps.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
9uEaast.jpeg

Was looking for a grey/black/white theme, but not quite satisfied with it. There was supposed to be a grey exhaust fan, but I didn't add it. May do it later.

But yeah, Fractal Torrent case upgrade from Meshify-C, Cooler upgrade to Thermalright Peerless Assassin after the nod from GN Steve, CPU upgrade (3900x to 5800x 3D), undervolted 5800x3D and my temps are stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid now.

Ran Cyberpunk 2077 last night and immediately noticed the smoother frames and lack of jerk. :ohlawd:

Ready for Dragon's Dogma 2 now. :blessed:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
EK is fukking up. Now the Dark Hero Mobo waterblock isn't coming until the end of February :sadcam: :mjcry:

I guess this gives me an excuse to beat Spider-man 2 on PS5. I wanna play the Cyberpunk DLC, Starfield, and Alan Wake 2 now though :to:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I bought a 4080 Super from Newegg. Not 100% sure I’ll keep it but I wanted to secure one in case. By the time it gets here I’ll have made up my mind. Wanted to get one from Best Buy but no dice.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9uEaast.jpeg

Was looking for a grey/black/white theme, but not quite satisfied with it. There was supposed to be a grey exhaust fan, but I didn't add it. May do it later.

But yeah, Fractal Torrent case upgrade from Meshify-C, Cooler upgrade to Thermalright Peerless Assassin after the nod from GN Steve, CPU upgrade (3900x to 5800x 3D), undervolted 5800x3D and my temps are stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid now.

Ran Cyberpunk 2077 last night and immediately noticed the smoother frames and lack of jerk. :ohlawd:

Ready for Dragon's Dogma 2 now. :blessed:
Never seen that screen in a case before. What do you use it for?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Got a notification that Asus has Strix 4090’s back in stock. Thought about buying one for the flip but I don’t feel like dealing with the hassle. If y’all are looking for one they might still be in stock on the Asus eShop.