The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Aye,I want a PC that's gonna be future proof for PCVR gaming for at least 5 years to come. The 4090 is the only gpu that can run all current PCVR games on max 4k at 90-120hz, except for MSFS of course.

Bout to cop one of these OMEN 45L Gaming Desktop | HP® Official Site

Specs:
Operating systemWindows 11 Pro
MemoryKingston FURY 64 GB DDR5-5200 MHz XMP RGB Heatsink RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Maximum MemorySupports up to 128 GB max system memory
Internal Storage2 TB WD Black PCIe® Gen4 TLC M.2 SSD
Hard drive (2nd)1 TB WD Black PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-13900KF
ChipsetIntel® Z790
Graphics (integrated)Intel® UHD Graphics 770
Graphics (discrete)NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4090 (24 GB GDDR6X dedicated)
Power supply type1200 W 80 Plus Gold certified ATX power supply
Network interfaceIntegrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
WirelessRealtek RTL8852BE Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth®️ 5.3 wireless card (supporting gigabit data rate)

$3,800 tax included :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: It would be around the same for a custom build with the same components.

Damn student loans just restarted. Talk me out of it, PLEASE.

Decided to cop an Aurora R15 13700k/4080 for $2100 total. Been using GeForce Now, and while Cyberpunk/Starfield look incredible at 4K ultra errything :noah:, there's considerable screen tearing going on. Plus I still wanna PCVR.

Got 60 days to try the Aurora. If I keep it, I might just sell my ps5, cause between CB, SF, BG3, and GTA next year, I ain't playing anything else.

Edit: Friggin Bestbuy canceled my order. Cocksuckers

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ended up getting 96GB of RAM instead of 128. Was reading that it's recommended to use 2 sticks if possible and that 128GB lowers the RAM speed and isn't as stable when using 4 sockets for it.

We'll see how it goes when it gets in.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I put it together and it started up!

Had issues like not knowing how much force to push in the RAM and pulling out the GPU back out because I didn't have enough hand room to snap in some stuff on the motherboard. Then when I pulled it out a piece broke off. I think it was a clip that makes it snap in. Well that shyt ain't snapped in no more...

Doing stuff like this now but for my parts not his:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I put it together and it started up!

Had issues like not knowing how much force to push in the RAM and pulling out the GPU back out because I didn't have enough hand room to snap in some stuff on the motherboard. Then when I pulled it out a piece broke off. I think it was a clip that makes it snap in. Well that shyt ain't snapped in no more...

Doing stuff like this now but for my parts not his:

I snapped the little PCIE release lever trying to get my GPU seated when I did my initial build :manny: . Part of the reason I haven't opened the bytch back up since I built it.

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I ended up getting 96GB of RAM instead of 128. Was reading that it's recommended to use 2 sticks if possible and that 128GB lowers the RAM speed and isn't as stable when using 4 sockets for it.

We'll see how it goes when it gets in.

96GB? What you building, an international space station? You must be doing some heavy video editing or gfx processing

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Had the worst experience with an Aurora R15. Never ending BSOD fest. I spent several hours last night and today factory reseting and troubleshooting. It was strange. Multiple hardware and system file errors reported in event viewer, but it passed all diagnostic/stress tests. Gave up and returned it to BB.

Copped an openbox IBUYPOWER with a 7900x and PNY 4080 from Microcenter for the low at $2100 again. Rock solid so far and good enough to run CB on overdrive mode at a smooth frame rate :wow: . I'm bout to see what this pcvr do with Alyx and MSFS on the Q3.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Had the worst experience with an Aurora R15. Never ending BSOD fest. I spent several hours last night and today factory reseting and troubleshooting. It was strange. Multiple hardware and system file errors reported in event viewer, but it passed all diagnostic/stress tests. Gave up and returned it to BB.

Copped an openbox IBUYPOWER with a 7900x and PNY 4080 from Microcenter for the low at $2100 again. Rock solid so far and good enough to run CB on overdrive mode at a smooth frame rate :wow: . I'm bout to see what this pcvr do with Alyx and MSFS on the Q3.
That's funny that you mention it. My XPS laptop was fukking up with BSODs too, I F12'd that shyt until a fresh reinstall, and it actually helped. It's the first time Dell has saved me time. I used to fukk with Alienware, but I stopped (too many concessions with parts).

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
That's funny that you mention it. My XPS laptop was fukking up with BSODs too, I F12'd that shyt until a fresh reinstall, and it actually helped. It's the first time Dell has saved me time. I used to fukk with Alienware, but I stopped (too many concessions with parts).

Their two CSRs did try their best, and there was no wait time both times I called, but that specific pc was a dud. Not only the crashes, but the userbenchmarks were trash. Meanwhile, on this rig, my cpu/gpu are in the 93rd/87th percentiles stock.
those 4090s are never going down in price, not even for the holidays :mjcry:

They actually were down. Just two weeks ago I had this Suprim Liquid in my Newegg cart for 2100 (literally what I just spent for a whole rig), and now it's 2800. They goin back up

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
The dude who I got my 4090 FE from last month for $1600 is now moving them for $1900. 4090 Prices are definitely on the rise. Hopefully the brehs in here were able to get their cards secured. I wish I still had my White Strix 4090 OC. I could probably move that hoe for $2300 right now.

:russ:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Two 8K displays at 120Hz? Bloody hell. :snoop:

The effect of DSC is even more pronounced with more capable, newer-generation standards. HDMI 2.1 can support 8K resolution at up to around 50 Hz as standard, with 8 bits per pixel color depth, but with Display Stream Compression 1.2, it can manage 8K at up to 120Hz, or even 10K at up to 100Hz.

The next-generation DisplayPort 2.0 standard will go further still. Alone it will enjoy a bandwidth well in excess of what HDMI 2.1 can manage, but with support for the newer Display Stream Compression 1.2a, it can handle resolutions and refresh rates far in excess of anything else. It will enable 4K displays at up to 240Hz. There's also the option of two 8K displays running at 120Hz, or a single 16K display at 60Hz.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
Finished building my pc last night and just installed windows this morning :blessed:.

Got everything running on the first try. I did have one fukk up because I bought a 360mm cooler that only fits in the front of my case but my case came with fans on the front. I got a 240mm cooler but I'll just have take the L on that bigger one.

I wasn't expecting all of the cables I needed to connect and I was lost for a bit. But I figured that shyt out and found the spots for everything after really looking at the motherboard manual and paying attention to how each port looks and matching it with the spots on the motherboard. I'll probably get another fan for the back of the case too.

I'm glad I went with a custom build instead of getting a pre built. I learned a lot of shyt I wouldn't know if I went pre built instead.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Finished building my pc last night and just installed windows this morning :blessed:.

Got everything running on the first try. I did have one fukk up because I bought a 360mm cooler that only fits in the front of my case but my case came with fans on the front. I got a 240mm cooler but I'll just have take the L on that bigger one.

I wasn't expecting all of the cables I needed to connect and I was lost for a bit. But I figured that shyt out and found the spots for everything after really looking at the motherboard manual and paying attention to how each port looks and matching it with the spots on the motherboard. I'll probably get another fan for the back of the case too.

I'm glad I went with a custom build instead of getting a pre built. I learned a lot of shyt I wouldn't know if I went pre built instead.
Congratulations, welcome to the club :salute:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Sold me Lenovo go and I’m buying a 3070ti Lenovo laptop with 32gb ram… :wow:

I could get a 4060 but it’s not as good apparently and it’s 16gb ram