The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nah, the pulled 4080 wasn't really a 4080 at all. The 16GB and 12GB would have been entirely different specs, not just the VRAM size. Reviewers were probably going to shyt all over them and were asking Nvidia WTF behind the scenes.
yeah, I don't know why they ever thought this would be a good idea, and didn't anticipate the reaction. but it seemed like they were going through with it anyway. it's no small task changing their mind at this point. Nvidia and their partners probably had a lot of the cards, and packaging, ready to go. not to mention they probably had plans for a 4070, 4070 Super, etc, and now where does this phoney 4080 fit in?

I'm just wondering if there's something else that caused them to make this change so late. maybe it just wasn't going to be competitive at it's price point compared to what AMD had coming. that fact gave them the opportunity to 'fix' their mistake. I guess it would be easier to just lower the price, but that along with a rebranding kind of makes more sense

but I'm probably wrong, and they'll just release it as the "4070 Super TI" and still charge $900 :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
yeah, I don't know why they ever thought this would be a good idea, and didn't anticipate the reaction. but it seemed like they were going through with it anyway. it's no small task changing their mind at this point. Nvidia and their partners probably had a lot of the cards, and packaging, ready to go. not to mention they probably had plans for a 4070, 4070 Super, etc, and now where does this phoney 4080 fit in?

I'm just wondering if there's something else that caused them to make this change so late. maybe it just wasn't going to be competitive at it's price point compared to what AMD had coming. that fact gave them the opportunity to 'fix' their mistake. I guess it would be easier to just lower the price, but that along with a rebranding kind of makes more sense

but I'm probably wrong, and they'll just release it as the "4070 Super TI" and still charge $900 :francis:
They just going to call that 12 GB card a 4070 TI or something and then release a regular 4070 with 8 or 10 GB and keep it moving

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I got an Asus Rog Zephyrus G14. Like two years old, what should I play? Need action adventures, rpgs and racing sims. I’m still new to pc gaming

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still got a 1k watt PSU. I'm sure my 850 would of been fine but fk it. I could of waited for the Atx 3.0 standard PSU's but I'll just buy a 90 degree adapter when that shyt comes out.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This was supposed to be a fun project, but it’s just stressing me out.

Anybody planning to grab a Raptor Lake CPU ? If so, what motherboard are you gonna use? A Z690 or a Z790? DDR4 or DDR5? Will I ever remember what I learn about memory timings?

Should I air or water cool?

What video card? Is that mesh case going be super noisy? And get mad dusty?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Anybody planning to grab a Raptor Lake CPU ? If so, what motherboard are you gonna use? A Z690 or a Z790?
I typically rock a CPU for 5-6 years. Right now I have i5 9600K's in both of my pcs. Asus boards are what I always build with, I'm used to them and they are quality. One of those boards prob has more bells and whistles. See if you need/want them.
DDR4 or DDR5?
Johnny 5 Is Alive GIFs | Tenor
Will I ever remember what I learn about memory timings?
Why bother? All that shyt is going on auto once it's set unless you have unstable settings. Are you overclocking your ram? If so just turn on XMP in bios and call it a day.
Should I air or water cool?
I cannot stress this enough, I keep my PC cases elevated to avoid dust and it fukking works. Whenever I see a PC on or near the ground I :smh: That being said, I air cool. That water shyt low key freaks me out.
What video card? Is that mesh case going be super noisy? And get mad dusty?
Whatever card you are willing to pay for. IMO the XX70's that Nvidia puts out are dollar for dollar the best cards. My last four cards were XX70's.
As for the noise? :yeshrug: Dust? See above.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was wondering y'all take on 4k 32inch 240hz or 144hz vs 1440p 27 inch 240hz monitor?
I've never had a powerful computer so now I have one I kind of want to see all the graphics but on the other hand I want the competitive performance. Also I just think 32 will be too damn big.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I was wondering y'all take on 4k 32inch 240hz or 144hz vs 1440p 27 inch 240hz monitor?
I've never had a powerful computer so now I have one I kind of want to see all the graphics but on the other hand I want the competitive performance. Also I just think 32 will be too damn big.
I'd go for the 27' 240hz.