The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
damn, no point of fukking with none of those AIBS then
They basically overbuilt the cooler on this thing from what I read. The 3080 doesn't cool nearly as well. Read some reviewers saying they doubt that AIBs put the R&D into cooling this chip like NVIDIA did but they should be able to compete fine with 3080. I think I saw Jayztwocents say he doesn't even want to water cool it.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I play the odd pc games but mainly been working from home now and my 24 inch monitor is cheap and dull
i just heard you shouldn't go 1080p for 27 inch?

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGL2WVS?tag=rtings-mn-r-20&ie=UTF8&th=1

If you don't need to adjust the screen height, or you have your own mount, this is good for the money. If $300 is your hard limit (:dame:) lmk

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How yall feel about this monitor?

AOC CQ27G1 Review

I'm not too familiar with this one, but it looks good based on what you are looking for. No HDR (probably not looking for that if you're buying a monitor rn I'm assuming), and VA means your contrast/black levels are good ( :mjpls: ) and input lag is low, but you gotta be looking straight at the screen or it quickly looks trash. Freesync range is 20-144 so you should be in the money there :ehh: good for the price. I got no experience with curved screens so I can't give any takes there, but I'll probably replace my duals with an ultrawide next time I change displays, or even the next small LG OLED

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
AOC CQ27G1 Review

I'm not too familiar with this one, but it looks good based on what you are looking for. No HDR (probably not looking for that if you're buying a monitor rn I'm assuming), and VA means your contrast/black levels are good ( :mjpls: ) and input lag is low, but you gotta be looking straight at the screen or it quickly looks trash. Freesync range is 20-144 so you should be in the money there :ehh: good for the price. I got no experience with curved screens so I can't give any takes there, but I'll probably replace my duals with an ultrawide next time I change displays, or even the next small LG OLED

Good look. Yea i been reading/watching a couple reviews on it. Seems like it's the best "budget" 1440p out there. Just make sure u go for the generation 2 model not the first. My 3080 coming sometime this week so i think i'ma cop this. I'm official ready for Cyberpunk! :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just got delivered today

1-DAA6-B40-7604-402-C-A76-F-C68-E4-DBDA5-F7.jpg

Bout to go fire up 2K and WoW. Any other graphic intensive games ya'll want me to run? :skip:
Nice! Test RDR2 ultra 4K. Control and Metro: Exodus with full RTX, ultra 4K (no DLSS),

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Part of it is that I don’t want to take down my hard tubing unless I really have to. :russ:

Once I do that, I’m updating my CPU and GPU, cuz I’m not breaking down that shyt unnecessarily.
Word I feel u. I’m tight cause I got my money sitting to the side and can’t spend it cause ain’t shyt available. I was hoping to have my shyt set before these consoles dropped.