The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean it is the singular best graphics card on the market. It's just not worth the price point. If money isn't an issue than yeah you should probably get it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
After peeping the comments, seems like I should chill on that 8K joint.
:picard:

This is going in my living room and won't be used for gaming, primarily going to be for watching content. I'm a look at that 65in now. I have a 70in set already so I know I'm a probably want to go higher this time around because I'm going to mount it and with how thin the bezels on a lot of these are, the bigger the better it looks in a decent size room space.

:wow:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I mean it is the singular best graphics card on the market. It's just not worth the price point. If money isn't an issue than yeah you should probably get it.
yea. i mean seriously you can just overclock a 3080 and have the same card.

no one has dared overclock the 3090 (im sure its coming) but for regular cats, the amount of heat that bad boy must crank, you don't even need a heater in your room. . its the size of the 2080ti packaging box :wow:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
yea i know. but hes talking about performance, not just having 'the best'. his job is to review the card, and since this channel is about optimization, hes talking about how to get the better performance for the buck.
My guy-- are your comprehension skills lacking? That's what I just said! And my counter is-- the 3090 is an enthusiast level product. The price is irrelevant to the folks buying it.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
yea. i mean seriously you can just overclock a 3080 and have the same card.

no one has dared overclock the 3090 (im sure its coming) but for regular cats, the amount of heat that bad boy must crank, you don't even need a heater in your room. . its the size of the 2080ti packaging box :wow:

I know who kingpin is. he works for evga. aint NONE of you nikkas using liquid nitrogen cooling

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
My guy-- are your comprehension skills lacking? That's what I just said! And my counter is-- the 3090 is an enthusiast level product. The price is irrelevant to the folks buying it.
you quoted my video. my video pertains to PERFORMANCE.

I dont care if you want something cause its the best. I care about performance thus my post. if you wanna post about your 3090 and its benchmarks. post it and keep it pushing. you quoted me, i didnt quote you when you stated you are going to purchase the card.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

I dont care if you want something cause its the best. I care about performance thus my post. if you wanna post about your 3090 and its benchmarks. post it and keep it pushing. you quoted me, i didnt quote you when you stated you are going to purchase the card.
Man what? You came in here talking about how the 3090 "isn't worth" the price based on a couple reviews. I didn't even respond to you directly at first, but moreso to the reviewers that always push that price/performance talk in the enthusiast space. The 24GB of VRAM on the 3090 alone put it over the 3080-- especially once developers implement DirectStorage,

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: The prebuild I'm looking at cost 2500 or so on PCPartpicker

:patrice:Cyberpower pretty much has the same build including some surprises like the P500A DRGB case for 3200.

Says it ships on October 20th.

I wish I knew what 3080 it is though. It just has a generic name...could be the FE?

Plus that 3 year warranty

The $700 markup enough to guarantee the card + the case I want? How yall feel? Granted I still have to buy a Noctua D15S since I ain't goin no liquid cooling bullshyt so its more like 3279ish

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Man what? You came in here talking about how the 3090 "isn't worth" the price based on a couple reviews. I didn't even respond to you directly at first, but moreso to the reviewers that always push that price/performance talk in the enthusiast space. The 24GB of VRAM on the 3090 alone put it over the 3080-- especially once developers implement DirectStorage,
What I got from Linus' review is that his issue is that 3090 is not a Titan while being marketed as a Titan :manny:

3090.png

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
bruh clearly my reading comprehensions are on par otherwise we wouldnt be having a conversation so knock that off.
Why do people always want to attach "value" to luxury/enthusiast items? No one is forcing anyone to buy the 3090. If someone (like myself) buys it, we're doing so simply because it's the best. The cost is irrelevant.
you quoted me with this. you asked 'why do people'

and i explain that here. read bruh. its answering your why.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
bruh clearly my reading comprehensions are on par otherwise we wouldnt be having a conversation so knock that off.

you quoted me with this. you asked 'why do people'

and i explain that here. read bruh. its answering your why.
Lol. Man you're responding, but you're just talking in circles. Enjoy your 3000 series card, whatever you choose.