"The Other Black Girl" Official Hulu Trailer

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Title and thumbnail screams black femnist seeking white approval and it goes left

:troll:

From executive producer Rashida Jones comes the new series, #TheOtherBlackGirl. Based on the New York Times bestseller by Zakiya Dalila Harris. Streaming Sept 13 on Hulu.

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F3c78ffdc-92df-11eb-8d6e-90b9b6b1f793.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Exactly i dont watch none of this bullshyt. At this point if i wanna see black people in film i will stick to comics or some african shyt or if its Johnathan Majors and Mike b Jordan. Everything in this country is pushed by black feminist + whites in regards to black experience. They dont even hide it anymore

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly i dont watch none of this bullshyt. At this point if i wanna see black people in film i will stick to comics or some african shyt or if its Johnathan Majors and Mike b Jordan. Everything in this country is pushed by black feminist + whites in regards to black experience. They dont even hide it anymore
You make a good point lot of the content that involves black people that get a mainstream push here in America often looks for validation from white people well the good ones:mjpls: which make sense in a way See how they are the ones funding it:francis: if you want something that involves black people that has good production value that not on some woke uncle tomfoolery:mjpls: you need to search for it in Africa cause these white folk are not trying to fund it.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: That Jordan Peele influence is crazy. I’ll give Tales from the Hood it’s props too. But ever since Get Out there’s been a boom. In social commentary black horror movies.

Title and thumbnail screams black femnist seeking white approval and it goes left

:troll:
:jbhmm: If anything it been a boom of black people seeking the approval of white people in horror movies in some roundabout way if not outright. damn this shyt look like it just the corporate black women's version of get out:russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You make a good point lot of the content that involves black people that get a mainstream push here in America often looks for validation from white people well the good ones:mjpls: which make sense in a way See how they are the ones funding it:francis: if you want something that involves black people that has good production value that not on some woke uncle tomfoolery:mjpls: you need to search for it in Africa cause these white folk are not trying to fund it.

yeah I`m over it, and these Black Feminist in serving as guard dogs for White Supremacy are detrimental as shyt. Like I said before I`m at the point I don't want to see shyt on film that is supposed to be about Black Culture in America because 98% of the time its going to be sucker shyt.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I read this book in 2021, it's good

it was more of a satire of the publishing industry and that world, than some type of Peele project

Also, yeah an exploration of black women in business, relationships, black experience in white spaces and the idea of selling out and what if you could smooth out all those rough areas by essentially becoming the "other black girl" or basically the good black girl, the one white people like. what would that be worth for someone?

maybe tellingly, someone told me at the time, they would do it.