"The Originals" Season 4 (& TVD Season 8) DISCUSSION Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:yeshrug:The month of May hasn't even ended yet & we're already hearing various news, tidbits, & rumors for the upcoming seasons of these 2 shows. So I though I'd go ahead and get a head start & create an official thread to discuss them.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Exclusive: Matt Davis Returning to The Vampire Diaries As Series Regular for Season 6

May 15, 2014 09:02 PM ET by Robyn Ross

140515vampire-diaries-matt-davis1_300x206.jpg

Matt Davis

Alaric lives! Matt Davis is returning to The Vampire Diaries for Season 6 as a series regular, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

As everyone raced to save the Other Side on Thursday's season finale, a few familiar faces, including Lexi (Arielle Kebbel) and Alaric, returned. But while Lexi was sucked up into the atmosphere, Alaric was left standing alongside his friends.

First introduced midway through Season 1, Alaric started as a vampire hunter and history teacher at Mystic Falls High, but soon became a surrogate parent to Elena and Jeremy, and a drinking buddy to Damon. (There was also his epic dance moves when Klaus inhabited his body.) During Season 3, Original mama Esther turned Alaric into a crazy Original she could use to kill off her family, but also bound him to Elena. When Elena careened off the bridge and died in the Season 3 finale, so did Alaric. Following his death, Alaric returned twice as a ghost in Season 4 — once when Damon visited his grave and again to, well, drink with Damon — and then in the 100th episode.

Are you excited to have Alaric back? Check out all our favorite moments of him here!

Exclusive: Matt Davis Returning to The Vampire Diaries As Series Regular for Season 6 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

'Vampire Diaries': Michael Malarkey will be a series regular in season 6

By Samantha Highfillon May 16, 2014 at 3:48PM

vampire-diaries-01_612x380.jpg

After Thursday night’s Vampire Diaries finale, we knew Enzo was back from the dead, but will he be sticking around Mystic Falls? The short answer of it all is: Yes!

Julie Plec revealed that not only will Enzo be returning as his vampire bad-boy self, but Michael Malarkey will officially be a Vampire Diaries series regular in season 6. “We have not seen the last of the delicious Michael Malarkey,” Plec said. “He’s a wonderful addition to the team, and he will be officially a series regular next year.”

But with Matt Davis (Alaric) also back as a series regular, can fans expect to see some interaction between Damon’s old friend and his, well, older friend? “I think so,” Plec said. “I anticipate them not liking each other very much.”

However, down the line, Plec likes to imagine a world where those two drinking buddies get their own gig. “I sorta feel like in season 9, if it’s Enzo and Alaric, we just spin them off into their own show,” she said. “I think life would be pretty good.” As long as there’s a bar in town, we’d imagine it would be.

Stay tuned for our full postmortem interview with Plec. Yes, she talks about Damon.UPDATE: The postmortem is live.

–Reporting by Mandi Bierly

'Vampire Diaries': Michael Malarkey will be a series regular | Inside TV | EW.com

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
'Vampire Diaries' Boss on Season 6 'Reset': 'Everybody Gets to Start Over' (Q&A)

2:24 PM PDT 5/16/2014 by Philiana Ng

UPDATED: Following the season-five finale, executive producer Julie Plec talks to THR about the return of a fan favorite, Elena's devastation and the mysterious fates of Damon and Bonnie.

tvd_0.jpg

"The Vampire Diaries"

[WARNING: Spoilers ahead from the season finale of The Vampire Diaries, "Home"]

The Vampire Diaries is heading for a "reset."

With Mystic Falls still cloaked under the "no-magic" spell and Damon and Bonnie dead, The CW drama won't look the same when the new season kicks up again in the fall. A substantial amount of time will have passed, and the gang may not be in one place -- at least not initially.

"The way we look at it, season six is a beautiful and organic reset. The theme of the season is everybody gets to start over. That's what we're going to do," executive producer Julie Plec tells The Hollywood Reporter.

The new season will put the focus back on the characters and their often complicated internal and psychological conflicts. Among those joining the fray will be the welcomed return of Matt Davis (Alaric) and Michael Malarkey (Enzo), both back as series regulars.

"We're trying to take the show away from the massive genre extravaganza where each season we try to top each other with the bigger, bad, more exciting mythologies and boil it back down to the beginning, which is tension, suspense, romance, psychological horror, simple horror, vampires living in secret, people discovering their secret and coming after them," Plec promises.

"Our heroes who have splintered off need to find their way back to each other emotionally and geographically as they fight to restore order to their home so they can actually return and not be scattered for good."

Plec talks to THR about the mystery surrounding Damon and Bonnie, Elena's devastation and why she thinks season six is a new beginning.

Between the heart-wrenching finales of The Originals and The Vampire Diaries, it's been such a brutal week for viewers of both. Serious question: Do you have stock in Kleenex?

Someone tweeted me "Do you get off on causing people pain?" (Laughs.) It's like, um, no! As a fan of television, I love when I cry when I watch TV. As a storyteller, I want to take people on the deepest of emotional journeys. That's just my thing. Somebody said, "I feed on the tears on fangirls. That's how I survive." (Laughs.)

Last year, you said that the season-five finale was going to be a "mindf---," and you weren't kidding. Was this always the ending that you wanted the season to build up to, or were there hesitations about killing two core characters?

No. This was, for sure, the ending. When we decided that, once and for all, the Other Side was going to go away, we decided to put Bonnie and Damon into that predicament. This was a year ago. We all sort of said, "Oh my god, are we going to pull this off?" And we spent the year figuring our way there. Now we're left with the mystery of, with the Other Side gone, where the hell are they?

That was one of the biggest questions viewers seemed to have following the finale: Where did they go?

Did they find peace? Are we going to be left with Damon and [Bonnie] flashbacks and hallucinations and memories for the entirety of season six? Did they find their way somewhere else, and if so, where? I can you tell that the Other Side no longer exists, so they're not there. There's no more coming back from that. It's going to be a big mystery about what happens and what our heroes can do about it, if anything.

But the finale wasn't the last we've seen of Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham, correct?

They're both contracted for next year. It's really more about the mystery of what happened to them and how we'll see them again -- and in what context will we see them again.

This introduces the possibility of seeing a new dimension for the show to explore. Have you set guidelines and a rulebook for this new "purgatory"?

We have so much that we've discussed for the next season that is thrilling. We had a writers' boot camp that lasted about a month, and we teed up our first five episodes pretty cleanly. We're going to come back in a whole new environment. A good amount of time would have passed. Our characters fundamentally will have had to come to terms with the fact that Damon and Bonnie are gone forever. There are those who refuse to give up. There are those who have given up. There are those who are living in denial. All of them have found ways to move forward and get on with their lives in really unique and distinct ways. Exploring that new reality -- the magic bubble, so to speak, that sits over Mystic Falls still exists, so they literally cannot go home again. That's a big theme of the early part of the season: How can we bring our heroes and our friends back together, and how can they find their way back home, literally and figuratively. That includes the Damon and Bonnie mystery as well.

A core part of the show's DNA is the trio of Damon, Elena and Stefan, so it's hard to imagine Damon permanently among the living. What are the odds he and Bonnie could return to the living?

I think all the questions you're asking are good questions because that's part of the mystery that will unfold in season six. Will Stefan and Elena have turned to each other for comfort? Or are they completely estranged? Will Damon ever be able to be in the same corporeal room as his brother or the woman he loves, or is he forever doomed to be apart from them? There are all of these questions that really give us the shape of the whole season.

Elena's plea at the end for Damon to return to her was devastating. How is she going to handle his death? With the time jump, she would have had time to grieve and mourn.

Elena Gilbert has lost so much and has dealt with grief in so many different ways and dealt with loss. This particular way will be surprising because it's a little bit of a new side of her that we haven't seen before. As she's trying to move on with her life, what coping mechanisms is she using to deal with the fact that it seems she may never see these two people who were so important to her ever again?

Stefan also had a wonderful line in the cemetery, when he said, "Damon finally had everything he wanted. He was happy. He should be here." If he could do it all over again, would he have sacrificed his spot if it meant Damon could return?

I think in that moment Stefan profoundly believed that his accidental slip as he was helping Bonnie, he holds himself to blame for that moment. I think that he would have thrown himself into the path of oblivion to make sure his brother got out alive. He didn't get that chance because of a mistake, and I think that'll eat at him and haunt him for quite some time.

Will he deal with his brother's death in a different way than Elena?

Yeah. Again, the surprise of how each of these characters is dealing with it and where they are and how they're living their lives is how we're going to get the season started.

Is Tyler the only one who came back as a human?

Just Tyler, because of the way he died within the boundaries of Mystic Falls.

What's his arc going to look like now that he's found himself in a new form?

It's a do-over. A big theme of season six is second chances, and Tyler has this do-over but along with it, comes all this hostility and rage and aggression that gets so bottled up in you when you have a latent werewolf gene. Now that he knows what he knows and just how wrong it can go, he's going to work really hard to keep himself walking a straight line and to keep his temper in check and to be a good guy in spite of all that anger and ugliness that simmers inside him. It's going to be a struggle, but it's going to be a good struggle. I'm excited about Tyler's storyline this year. It's time for him to find somebody new to love, because one thing that can help us with the darkest parts inside ourselves is the light of love, so I'm looking forward to exploring that with him.

On a slightly happier note, Alaric is back. (Matt Davis will be a series regular in season six.) What kind of role will he have in the new season?

Alaric is back! Yeah. (Laughs.) I'm so excited about Alaric's role in the new season. There's so much going on with him. One, he's now back in the situation where he can be a mentor, a brother or a father figure to Elena and Jeremy, which is his sweet spot. He's struggling with the fact that he's this vampire hunter. Back when he got turned, it all happened so quickly. He went out of his mind; he never really had the human experience of living the life of a vampire. Now they can't be in Mystic Falls, so they're in a place outside of Mystic Falls where they have to keep it secret and be very discreet. Elena has to teach Alaric a tip or two about discretion. I think as we watched Alaric struggle with living the hidden life of a vampire, wouldn't it be nice if a woman entered his life who he had interest in, that he had to hide that from? You get a little fun Stefan-and-Elena stuff in season one with Alaric, who is trying to get his life together.

Where have they set up shop temporarily since Mystic Falls is a no-fly zone at the moment?

Where are they living? What are they doing? How are they acting? And how are they going to find a solution to this circumstance that the Travelers created for them. It seems fairly permanent. With the time jump, they've had to come to terms that it is permanent. Who's going to fix that problem and how?

Could there be one last loophole or spell that they haven't yet discovered that could bring Damon and Bonnie back?

Never say never. That's again the big mystery of season six. Where are Damon and Bonnie? What happened to them? And is it possible to get them back? In the midst of all that, if anybody else dies, there's no more Other Side, so they're pretty screwed. (Laughs.)

Is that the last we saw of Grams, Lexi and Silas?

That is definitely the last we've seen of those characters either get ripped into oblivion or, in Lexi's case, she seemed to find peace. It's a true goodbye. Lexi is great in our flashbacks and part of Stefan's life, all the way from 1864 on, so we might see Arielle [Kebbel] again as Lexi in the past. As for the present, she sacrificed herself for her friend. And I cried and I cried.

You mentioned a time jump. Can you say how much time will have passed?

It's more than a couple of months.

[Q&A] 'Vampire Diaries' Boss on Season 6 'Reset' - Hollywood Reporter

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
'Vampire Diaries' season finale: EP Julie Plec answers burning questions

By Mandi Bierlyon May 16, 2014 at 4:30PM

The-Vampire-Diaries-Home.jpg

Spoiler alert! After a traumatic season 5 finale of The Vampire Diaries, fans were left wondering if they’d seen the last of Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) — and who may have returned from The Other Side as a human. Exec producer Julie Plec provides EW with some answers, and teases where we go from here.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: It seemed as if Damon and Bonnie found peace as The Other Side was destroyed. Let’s start with the big question on fans’ minds: Is Ian Somerhalder a series regular in season 6?
JULIE PLEC:
I think the ending of the episode is meant to be left up deliberately for speculation of what exactly did happen to them. I can say for certain The Other Side is gone for good, and I can say for certain that when The Other Side disappeared for good that they had already been dealt with — whether it’s through finding peace or other means. Outside of that [laughs], I think I’ll let the speculation blow around a little while longer.

But can you say whether we’ll see Ian and Kat again?
We will definitely see Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham on the show. I mean, there’s a million different ways that you can do that. But as far as in what context — how, why, and where? — that’s part of the mystery.

You tweeted about a year ago that you had thought of the ending of season 5, and it was a “mind f–k.” Was this the ending you’d thought of?
[Laughs] Yes, it was. When you think of the ending at the beginning of the year, you always have to leave yourself open to shift. Because when all is said and done, trying to force your way somewhere that sounded cool in the moment and then you’re struggling to find your way back there — you can actually compromise the story a little bit. But we just believed in this ending so, so much, and everything kind of gracefully led us there. So we didn’t have to make too many changes.

I loved the way Ian played Damon’s goodbye to Elena. You felt Damon was at peace. Was that sense of calm scripted?
You know, I think by the time we got to this episode this season, Ian was so profoundly dialed in to Damon’s character and to Damon’s relationship with Elena that he just found it for himself. Ian was on fire this year. To be able to come to terms with this character that is so fearless and is facing true oblivion and death, probably for the first time in his vampire life — I thought it was so beautiful the way he was able to embrace it and face it and say his goodbyes in that way. So hat’s off to Ian Somerhalder for that.

Tyler came back from the Other Side no longer a hybrid. Is he now just a human with a werewolf gene?
You hit the nail on the head: What got stripped away from him when he got thrown over the border were the elements that made him both vampire and triggered-werewolf. So he is back to being a boy with a werewolf gene. And so it puts him in a really interesting predicament next year because it’s almost like a do-over in a good way, but also a scary way. Now with that comes that testosterone, needing to work out his aggressions and find a way to not lose his s–t, so to speak, so that he doesn’t re-trigger the curse [laughs]. I think after having gone through everything he went through, re-triggering the werewolf curse would be possibly a fate worse than death at this point.

That leads us into the question of whether Stefan and Elena and the others who came back from The Other Side are human.
No. Tyler died within the boundaries of Mystic Falls, and he actually physically got stripped all the way down to his base state — which was a supernatural being, [human] boy with werewolf gene. Therefore he could be on the Other Side. But Stefan and the rest of them died still being supernatural beings, so they came back the way they were left. They are not human. Everybody’s circumstance is the same, except for Tyler, who specifically got everything stripped away from him down to the guts.

So that means Alaric (Matt Davis, who’ll be a series regular) is still sort of a super Original vampire.
He’s still a super Original, and I think if anybody doesn’t want to be that, it’s Alaric. We never really got to see him deal with having become a vampire, because Esther had gotten in his head and screwed with his brain so badly that he just kinda became the villain with no conscience. So now this is our favorite sexy teacher back in our lives and having to hide the fact that [laughs] A.) he’s this weird, weird breed of vampire and B.) he’s not particularly sure if he likes it. So it’ll be a good story for him.

With Stefan and Elena — will you pick up right away with them trying to figure out if Damon and Bonnie are really gone for good?
I think the most important thing I can say about season 6 is our characters fundamentally have to come to terms with the fact that Damon and Bonnie are gone forever, and have been doing so for quite some time when we return. Some are in denial, some are still searching for answers. “They’ve got to be somewhere. Where are they? We’ve got to rescue them.” Some have given up completely. Each individual character’s reaction to the loss of these two people will be what informs the beginning of the sixth season.

Does this set the stage for a Stefan-Elena-Caroline love triangle?
Well, you know, I think people will actually be surprised by how each of those three have individually handled the tragedy that they’ve had to face. In the beginning of the season, it’s really about trying for all these friends to find their way back to each other, as opposed to having set the stage for any romantic entanglements. If anything, they’ve disentangled briefly from each other. Part of the journey of the first part of the season is, if we can’t stay close and have each other and be here for each other, then what’s the point? We don’t have anything. And in addition, of course, it’s if we can’t get our home back and live in our home and get back what was ours, then all of this was for naught.

What about Enzo (Michael Malarkey)? It seemed like he was walking off when he returned from The Other Side.
[Laughs] We have not seen the last of the delicious Michael Malarkey. He’s a wonderful addition to the team, and he will be officially a series regular next year. I think you’re the first person that knows that.

I love his chest hair. When we saw his chest hair the other week –
Ohmygod.

I screengrabbed it and tweeted that seeing chest hair on a CW actor was like seeing a unicorn.
[Laughs] I sorta feel like in season 9, if it’s Enzo and Alaric, we just spin them off into their own show. I think life would be pretty good.

Do you anticipate them having scenes together next season? They would have fun chemistry.
I think so. I anticipate them not liking each other very much.

When I talked to you for our Women Who Run TV package, you said you and Kevin Williamson had thought of the ending to the entire series as you were writing on deadline in an Atlanta mall early in season 2. Are you still on track for that same ending?
Well, it’s a modified version of the same track [laughs] in that it did involve a ghost. In the absence of The Other Side, we might have to make some modifications. But I think emotionally, we knew where we wanted the series to end. I think it will depend, obviously, [on] when the series ends and who’s still a part of the show contractually. And if they’re not, who’s willing to come back and play. We definitely have a sense of where we want each character to land when it’s all over.

Are you plotting for season 6 to be the final season, or is that not on your radar yet?
No. It’s not on our radar yet. You could ask 10 different people that question and you’d get 10 different answers, in terms of how long the life of the show is. Warner Bros. would say, “17 seasons!” And I think I would say, “Seven!” [Laughs] Presumably we’ll land somewhere closer to my wishes or theirs, depending on the circumstances.

'Vampire Diaries' season finale: Julie Plec answers burning Qs | Inside TV | EW.com

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec on Damon and Bonnie's Fate, Magic-less Mystic Falls and More

May 16, 2014 05:28 PM ET by Robyn Ross

140516vampire-diaries1_300x206.jpg

Nina Dobrev, Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder

Change is coming to The Vampire Diaries.

The CW show's fifth season wrapped up by executing a plan to save the Other Side. After getting all The Travelers in one place, and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and Matt (Zach Roerig) setting up a gas leak, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), with Elena (Nina Dobrev) in tow, crashed through the Mystic Grill causing a massive explosion that killed all parties involved. Once on the Other Side, while Liv (Penelope Mitchell) enacted a resurrection spell, Stefan (Paul Wesley), Elena, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Alaric (Matt Davis) were able to cross back through Bonnie (Kat Graham). But when Liv's brother Luke (Chris Brochu) saw it was killing her, he put an end to the spell seconds before Damon could come back to life. During the final moments, Damon and Bonnie were left standing hand-in-hand awaiting their final fate.

Following the season finale, we spoke with executive producer Julie Plec, who answered our burning questions including Bonnie and Damon's future, if Tyler (Michael Trevino) is now a human, why the decision to bring back Alaric (and not Lexi), and more!

The biggest question on everyone's minds: What is the fate of Bonnie and Damon?
Julie Plec: Their fate is a mystery. The best way to sum it up is that all of our characters have had to come to terms with the fact that they are gone and have taken steps to move forward in their lives, for better or for worse, in grief or denial, and the question of when we see them and where are they and what happened is a part of the mystery in Season 6.

Where does Season 6 pick up?
Plec: There's a substantial time jump which we're excited about. It gives us the opportunity to find these people again with enough time having passed that the grief has settled into a reality that is making them either actively move forward with their lives, spiral to a different place or make really bold and rash decisions in how they're going to live their lives without these people in them.

In reaching 100 episodes, were you looking for a way to completely change the series going forward?
Plec: Well, you get six years into a show and the feeling that you have to top yourself can get really strangling. What we all love about the show is the simplicity of tension and mystery and not necessarily needing to outdo ourselves with magic or mythology every year. So we really wanted to tee up the circumstance where we could really blow out the mythology of the series in the way it's represented and begin fresh. With a time jump, we could start telling very simple stories about our characters in a town with no magic, with vampires who have to hide that they're vampires and live their lives under wraps and create very new, powerful, but simple mysteries that take us back to that Season 1 feeling. We're excited about digging into our characters' emotional lives and playing that mystery and suspense and tension and psychological horrors rather than big extravaganza horror. The fun of tuning into the first episode will be to see where all these characters have landed, who they're friends with, who they're using as emotional support, who's not even in Mystic Falls adjacent or Whitmore and has each character has dealt with this.

Is Tyler now a human?
Plec: Because Tyler had all those elements stripped away from him within the boundaries of Mystic Falls by Markos, he is back to his root self, which is a latent supernatural being, a human with a werewolf gene. He was reborn from the Other Side in that state. Everybody else came back to the way they died so the vampires are just a vampire.

What did Grams (Jasmine Guy) mean when she told Bonnie she made sure she'd have peace?
Plec: It's the biggest clue one can take in the finale as far as the mystery of what's going to happen next year. That was not an arbitrary comment and Grams clearly did something and the question is what.

Why did you decide to bring back Matt Davis for Season 6?
Plec: All season long when we were talking about destroying the Other Side for good we knew that there were people over there we like to visit again and again. So it was our one final opportunity to either say goodbye to certain people or say hello again to certain people. We just did a random poll: "If there was anybody you wanted to see for sure that would devastate you to never be able to see again?" The two answers were Lexi (Arielle Kebbel) and Alaric so we decided to make one devastating and one hopeful. The thing about Lexi is that she did a beautiful sacrifice for her friend which is really what that character was born to be — that rock for Stefan. Alaric was created to be a guardian to Elena and Jeremy and if there's anybody who needs that emotional support right now it's Elena.

So will Elena really lean on Alaric in Damon's absence?
Plec: Him [returning] is a really beautiful circle back to that dynamic where he's going to be there for her as a friend and as emotional support. But also now he has to come to terms with what it's like to live life as a secret vampire. So she has something to teach him too. The Elena and Alaric friendship is something we're really looking forward to next year and I'm super excited to have Matt back. He's not only a fan favorite, but a cast favorite.

And Michael Malarkey is back as well.
Plec: Malarkey is one of the nicest, most enjoyable people you'll ever meet and Enzo is wicked and fun and we're excited to bring him aboard next year. He'll be Enzo — stir up the pot, an enemy to some, friend to others, looking out for No. 1 mostly.

Lexi brought up the obvious "thing" between Stefan and Caroline. Will this be addressed?
Plec: The one thing we know pretty clearly is that Caroline, in her heart of hearts, is starting to accept she has feelings for Stefan. In fact, we cut a scene in the finale where that was even more clear. I think she's finally admitting it to herself, losing him woke that up in her, the question is will Stefan reciprocate those feelings? That's what we'll have to explore in Season 6 and see where we go.

Any final things you're looking forward to next year?
Plec: I'm frankly just really excited to tell good powerful character stories with these people we love so much and see them dramatically change in so many ways, and yet reset and find themselves in other ways. [We want] to really play this mystery of how they are going to live a life when none of them can come together at the Mystic Grill in their hometown without burning to death or whatever might happen to them. I'm excited to see the friends find their way back to each other.

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec on Damon and Bonnie's Fate, Magic-less Mystic Fall - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Vampire Diaries: Stefan related scoop on season 6 from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams

Here's some scoop on The Vampire Diaries from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams' Mega Buzz column, which was posted on 5/20/14.

Poor Stefan was so distraught at the end of The Vampire Diaries finale. Will he ever recover? Cathy
At least he's got Caroline, right? Unfortunately, that relationship won't necessarily fill the void left by the disappearance of his brother Damon. "It's really a character-defining journey for [Stefan], and it'll change him quite a lot," executive producer Julie Plec says. "At what point does he decide to give up or keep searching for answers?" Well, that doesn't sound very promising for Damon now, does it?

Mega Buzz: Orange's Big Fight, Diaries' Finale Fallout, and an SVU Exit - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

The Vampire Diaries: Scoop on the possibility of Stefan and Caroline becoming a couple in season 6 from TVLine's Michael Ausiello

Here's some scoop on The Vampire Diaries from this week's (Posted on 5/21/14) Ask Ausiello column.

Question: I would love to get scoop on The Vampire Diaries‘ Stefan and Caroline! Will they start dating soon? –Amy
Ausiello: Paul Wesley thinks they should bypass the dating stage altogether. “They need to have sex, just get right to it,” he says with a laugh. “We’d have sex in the Salvatore crypt. That’s the way to go, man.” Nina Dobrev, meanwhile, has a hunch Elena will “figure out a way to be OK” with Caroline’s feelings for Stefan, adding, “It’s going to be a little awkward, but let’s be real, who is Elena to judge? She dated a brother, then dated hisbrother, then went back and forth. She can’t say anything. She has no right.”

‘Bones’ Season 10 Spoilers: Time Jump, Booth Brennan Reunited | TVLine

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"The Originals" Leads Social Media in Renewed Freshman Shows
by Erik Sass, May 14, 2014, 2:12 PM

The great springtime massacre of new shows is over, and fans are celebrating the ones who made it past the corporate axe, meat cleaver, hedge-trimmer, or whatever severing implement you favor as a metaphor. No surprise, a lot of this celebrating is going on social media, especially Facebook and Twitter, and social media intelligence outfit ListenFirst has compiled and ranked the top ten freshmen shows from last season in terms of their fan-bases, combining Facebook fans and Twitter followers.

The clear winner, by a landslide and an accompanying tidal wave, is “The Originals,” the “Vampire Diaries” spinoff on The CW that as of May 5th had a fan-base totaling 4,976,634 Facebook fans and Twitter followers. That’s probably not much of a surprise, considering the target audience (hot vampire dudes = teenage girl audience) and the huge following of the original show, similarly endowed with brooding male beauty.

Second place, with 1,482,517 Facebook fans and Twitter followers according to ListenFirst’s tally, goes to “Sleepy Hollow,” Fox’s supernatural-police drama set in modern day Sleep Hollow, NY, where the resurrected Ichabod Crane pursues the Headless Horseman who turns out to be one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Washington Irving’s original story is clearly in the rearview mirror here but hey, it’s always possible some colonial and revolutionary history will seep up through the ghoulish action. But probably not.

A close third with 1,114,715 fans and followers is “The Blacklist,” NBC’s crime drama starring James Spader as Raymond Reddington, a former government agent turned fugitive, who agrees to work with the FBI on condition he can be partners with Elizabeth Keen, an FBI profiler, for reasons that are only gradually revealed as they track down a bunch of bad guys on Reddington’s “Black List.” The series employs the same mix of random missions and episodic narrative, reminiscent of “The Mentalist” and the “X-Files” (remember that show?) among others, making it a perfect candidate for social media obsessing.

The rest of ListenFirst’s top ten list lack behind with less than a million Facebook fans and followers each as of May 5th, including NBC’s “Chicago PD” at 714,988; The CW’s “Reign,” about the young life of Mary Queen of Scots, at 668,519; ABC’s “Resurrection,” a supernatural fantasy based on the novel The Returned by Jason Mott, at 474,213; Fox’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” starring the non-vampire, non-brooding Andy Samberg at 298,125; ABC’s “The Goldbergs” at 230,656; The CW’s “The 100” at 222,786; and NBC’s “About a Boy” at 126,530.

ListenFirst excluded two shows, ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “24: Live Another Day,” because they had pre-existing fan-bases.

MediaPost Publications "The Originals" Leads Social Media in Renewed Freshman Shows 05/14/2014

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Post Mortem: The Originals EP on the New Hybrid, [Spoiler's] Return and a 'Complicated' Season 2

By Andy Swift / May 14 2014, 9:58 AM PDT

the-originals-rebekah-blog.jpg

The Originals‘ season finale boasted an embarrassment of game-changing riches that left us dying, Genevieve-style, to see what Season 2 has in store for Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons — of which there are now several more. Fortunately, showrunner Julie Plec was happy to answer TVLine’s burning questions.

Below, Plec discusses Rebekah’s return, Esther and Mikael’s plans for Klaus, Hayley’s future as a hybrid (with or without Elijah) and so much more.

TVLINE | Let’s start with last night’s big moment. How long had you planned Rebekah’s return, and how secretive did you have to be?
When we started the season, we knew she’d be leaving us, and if we couldn’t convince her to stick around, then that would be the way we’d end that journey. It’s funny because it weirdly didn’t have to be a secret so much as it just happened at the end of the year when everyone was so busy with other things that they didn’t even think about it.

TVLINE | Obviously scheduling is hard, but will see her again in Season 2?

Honestly, I definitely know we’ll see her again in certain contexts. She’s got the baby, so it’s not like she’ll be living in New Orleans and playing nanny in the middle of the French Quarter, but this is not the last we’ve seen of her. We’d definitely like to check in on her every now and again.

TVLINE | Now for that cliffhanger. Was that Finn or Kol with Esther?
You know, it’s supposed to be left a little bit up for questions, but the audience can easily make their own assumptions, given that he seemed very straight-laced and tamed and pious. So of the two brothers, if we were picking one, I know who I’d pick.

the-originals-esther-dw.jpg

TVLINE | So now that both of Klaus’ parents are back, and they both want him dead, what’s next?
The biggest question is: At what point are they going to become aware of the other? And at what point is anyone going to become aware of them? That plays out over the first few episodes of Season 2, and it’s kind of fun because you’ve got these two really nasty entities from Klaus’ upbringing, both of whom are back in town. The shock when he realizes it’s not just one, but also the other, is going to be pretty great.

TVLINE | We almost had the entire Mikaelson family together in one episode for the first time.
The show, at its core, has always been about family. Losing Rebekah was sad for us, so it just got us talking and thinking about how to expand the family universe a bit. We’ve been juggling a lot of these ideas for a long time, and when all was said and done, we decided to just go for all of it.

TVLINE | Speaking of that family, Davina’s now using Mikael as her play thing, which I love. What’s that dynamic going to be like?
That’s what’s so great. It’s wide open as far as what their dynamic can become. She’s got him by the figurative you-know-whats, and that is not a good position for a man like Mikael to be in. He’s used to being the chaos driver, so I think it’ll put him in a place where he has to be submissive to her — which is awful — and they’re going to spend a lot of time together, which could come up with an interesting dynamic between them. We talk a lot about the Hound and Arya from Game of Thrones when we talk about them. I think it’s going to be a fascinating relationship.

the-originals-hayley-blog.jpg

TVLINE | And Hayley’s a hybrid now, which I wasn’t expecting. How will that transition go?
If anyone’s going to have the roughest time coming out of all of this, it’s going to be Hayley. Not only did she have to give her child away, which is catastrophic and devastating in itself, but she also lost the one thing she thought defined her, which was that she was this werewolf leader who these people thought of as royalty. She was the last in her family line, and that’s all gone and shattered. She’s going to have a real identity crisis, and it’s going to impact her sense of self, leaving the brothers to be there as the ones who need to pick her up and help her find herself again.

TVLINE | I feel like Elijah will be good at that, no?
Without giving too much away, her identity crisis is definitely going to drive a bit of a wedge in between them, only in that Elijah is always the one who wants to help, and she’s so tender and not of herself, that she’s having a hard time accepting help and wanting to be fixed. It’s going to make it difficult for him, because he cares for her so much, to see her going through this.

the-originals-klaus-blog.jpg

TVLINE | It also looked like Klaus and Cami had a moment towards the end. What’s up with that relationship?
They actually have a really nice profound intellectual and emotional connection. I think Klaus genuinely sees her as this important person in his life, but right now is not a good time to be an important person in Klaus’ life. So he kind of friend-dumped her, you know? He said, ‘I really need you and I like you as a person, but get out.’ And that makes me sad. If you think about how Klaus started the season seeming irredeemable, he made so many broadly selfless moves in this finale, one of which is telling this woman who brings him comfort that she can’t be around him. What he doesn’t say is that it’s too dangerous, but it is.

TVLINE | Lastly, Klaus and Marcel made great progress before he compelled him. Will Marcel remember that they reconciled?
When we do the timeline of when Klaus is going to compel Marcel back to, he’s going to remember that moment. That was really beautiful for their relationship. The complicated thing when we come back, of course, is that Francesca has essentially run all vampires out of the quarter — with the exception of the mourning and crazy Originals, who are holed up in their Compound — but Marcel is living across the river and hasn’t come back. So Klaus and Marcel’s relationship has healed, but they’re not side by side. They’re living two separate lives, so they’re going to have to find their way back to each other, both geographically and emotionally.

‘The Originals’ Season 2 Spoilers — Rebekah’s Return, Hybrid Hayley | TVLine

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
'The Originals' finale postmortem: Julie Plec talks revenge, baby names, and a full Mikaelson family reunion
By Samantha Highfillon May 14, 2014 at 1:53PM

the-originals-02.jpg

Spoiler alert: If you haven’t watched the season finale of The Originals, stop reading now!

Last night, The Originals first season came to an end in a way no one could’ve expected: Hayley was a hybrid, just about all the town’s vamps were dead, Mikael was back, Rebekah was on the run with the baby, and what appeared to be Esther and Finn showed up in other people’s bodies. But don’t worry, if you haven’t finished digesting what all of that could mean for season 2, we chatted with Executive Producer Julie Plec about what exactly those twists will affect, how they decided to name the baby Hope, and everything about Elijah’s breakdown.

Check out our conversation below:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I have a million things to talk to you about, but let’s start with the final 30 seconds of that finale. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I assumed it was Esther and Finn?
JULIE PLEC: I’m not going to confirm nor deny, but I do think that anybody with any history of The Vampire Diaries will probably make a similar guess, and from knowledge of the show and the characters, it’s probably a pretty good guess.

Now we’ve pretty much got all the Originals in town, minus Rebekah, who’s on the run. Is there potential for Kol? Can I get a huge family reunion next season?
[Laughs] I think there is definitely potential for Kol, although he’s probably not the one the brothers would want to see back any more than Finn given that when he died, they mourned him for all of 7 minutes because of his axe to grind.

Seeing Rebekah last night was so amazing, so what can you tell me about season 2? She’s on the run, but will she be woven back into things?
I think what I’ll call it for now, because we’re so early into the season, is just a delicate weave, a delicate dabble. This is not the last we’ve seen of Rebekah and the baby, but it’s also not going to be a primary storyline. We may get a full family reunion later in the season, if we’re lucky, but right now her role is Aunty Beks, and the protection of and the secret surrounding that baby is paramount to her. So she will be off doing that, and we won’t necessarily be following that storyline right off, but we will get to see her again.

I was curious how you decided on Hope for the baby’s name. Did you have any other serious name considerations?
I’ll be 100 percent honest, we’ve been talking about it in the room. When you have a deadline, the best way to procrastinate is baby names, and I didn’t hear Hope as a pitch until I read it in the script. And it made me cry, and I thought, “Well, it’s either the cheesiest thing in the world or it’s the most beautiful thing in the world, and because I’m crying, it’s probably both, but I’m going to go for it.” So that was Diane Ademu-John, who wrote the script, that was a beautiful little surprise she peppered in there.

Did you have a name you were leaning toward before reading that?
No, no. I was just basically like, “May the best man win.” We had talked about Andrea, because that’s Hayley’s original birth name, and that had sort of been on the table for the longest time, and other than that, we hadn’t really landed.

Speaking in bigger terms about the series, we have the ever-present themes of Klaus’ redemption and Elijah’s undoing. Where are we in those journeys? Still working toward redemption?
Yeah, that’s a global concept for me. It’s a series-long concept, more so than a seasonal arc. In the same way that, for example, on the Vampire Diaries, a character can have a good moment followed by a very, very bad moment very quickly, I think what was beautiful about what happened to Klaus in this particular season is that he started the season rejecting this notion of family and by the end, he was doing whatever he could to protect family. And I think when he tries to tell Elijah in the finale, “That was your fantasy brother,” and Elijah’s like “Screw you, buddy. This was our hope.” And then later, at the end of the episode, when he’s doing everything he can to, he says, “Whatever it takes to protect our family,” that’s an acknowledgement of what Elijah said, which is that he wanted it too. He wanted that belief in family too. And frankly that’s all Klaus has ever wanted. It’s just [that] he goes about it in such catastrophic ways. [Laughs]

So basically I think for Klaus, he had a lot of selfless moments, he made a lot of beautiful, pure decisions last night. That being said, all those that wronged him last night, they have a Klaus-sized target on their backs. It’s not like he’s going to find zen meditation and suddenly be a good person. He’s pissed. And now he’s got even more to fight for, because he’s going to take that town back and he’s going to try to make it a home for his family only to find out that he’s going to be coming up against the rest of his family, which is going to be horrible. And then Elijah, Elijah last night became emotionally undone.

Oh my god, I couldn’t take it.
Oh god, it was so beautiful. And we really got to see the substance and depth of his connection to both Hayley and to the idea of this baby being born and bringing this family together. Just that look on his face when he thinks it’s all lost is so awful. So we’ve seen that Elijah’s not always able to be buttoned up and proper and together. It’s possible for Elijah to not only unravel but also to get his hands very dirty, and that’s something that we’re going to continue to explore over the life of this series is that he’s not just the good guy. He’s got his own demons that sometimes will kick him around a little bit.

I recently asked Daniel Gillies what an undone Elijah would look like, and he thought it would be the most human thing we’ve ever seen from him.
Interesting. Well there was a look on his face last night when he said “I don’t let people in,” which was the most honest, human, and raw admission that I’ve ever seen him as an actor specifically but also as a character. He felt in that one moment like he was the little brother. He was the one that needed a hug from his big brother, and all that sense of propriety and adulthood and “I’m the big brother here to take care of my younger, naughty siblings” kind of just disappeared, and he was like a little kid. And that’s one of my favorite moments of the whole show.

Me too! The other thing I wanted to touch on was Klaus’ bloodline. We met one member of his pack very briefly this season, so will season 2 delve into that a bit more?
Season 2 is going to begin with what we call the werewolf occupation, which is Francesca thinks she’s in charge and has been actually carrying on making rules and exiling vampires and doing all kinds of nasty things, so the first thing on the table is of course going to have to be revenge. And then if and when that’s completed, the question is what becomes of those wolves? There’s a lot of wolves that Klaus was aligned with that were all looking to Hayley as their queen, but now she’s no longer a werewolf, she’s a hybrid, and there’s no love lost there for that species. So they’re going to be kind of stranded without a leader, and we’re going to have to see who steps in and takes that role of alpha. Will it be Jackson? Will it be Oliver? Will Hayley be able to win her way back? What’s going to solidify these wolves in one group, or now that they’ve won the Quarter, are they going to start in-fighting as well?

'The Originals' postmortem: Julie Plec on a Mikaelson family reunion | Inside TV | EW.com

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Originals: Casting related scoop on episode 2x03 from E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos

Here's some scoop on The Originals from Kristin Dos Santos' Spoiler Chat column, which was posted on 5/14/14.

Debra: The Originals finale was insanely good, maybe my favorite episode of the show so far! What's coming up in season two?
With a bunch of witches biting the dust in the finale (So long, Monique and Genevieve), fans will meet a new witch when the CW hit returns: Lenore, a salt-of-the-Earth witch, who will first appear in episode three and will prove to be quite the new foe for Klaus. (Oh, and check back with us later for scoop on what's ahead from boss Julie Plec!)

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Arrow, The Originals, Revenge, The Good Wife and More! | E! Online

The Originals: Haley related scoop on season 2 from E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos

Here's some scoop on The Originals from Kristin Dos Santos' Spoiler Chat column, which was posted on 5/19/14.

Tina: The Originals' finale was so amazing and finally gave me all the awesome Hayley scenes I had been waiting for! Any scoop on what's next for mama wolf?!
Hayley is taking a seriously dark turn in season two, Phoebe Tonkin warns. "We're going to see a very broken, a very lost Hayley. She doesn't know who she is anymore. She not only doesn't know where she came from, she doesn't know who she is right now. It's sad and it's heartbreaking." And you know what darkness means? A lack of kissing! "No!" Tonkin says with a laugh when we asked if she's smooched Daniel Gillies yet. (They are three episodes into filming.) How rude!

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, The Originals, Orphan Black, Pretty Little Liars and More! | E! Online

The Originals: Scoop on Hayley's future as a hybrid in season 2 from TVLine's Michael Ausiello

Here's some scoop on The Originals from this week's (Posted on 5/21/14) Ask Ausiello column.

Question: I’m so excited to see Hayley as a hybrid on The Originals. Any chance Elijah will become her vampire mentor? –Jess
Ausiello: Well, Jess, you’re not alone; Phoebe Tonkin is also stoked about her new role. “I’m so excited, they’ve already fitted me for fangs,” Tonkin tells TVLine. “I’ve always wanted to play a vampire, so I couldn’t be more thrilled.” As for which of the bloodsuckers in her life will be showing her how to use those fangs, Tonkin is wary of planting any Haylijah seeds in our heads. “It’ll be interesting to see who she strikes up relationships with during this journey,” she teases. “Maybe she and Klaus could form an unexpected friendship.”
‘Bones’ Season 10 Spoilers: Time Jump, Booth Brennan Reunited | TVLine

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Originals Stars Tease Esther's Revenge, 'Uneasy' New Alliances and More in Season 2

By Andy Swift / May 20 2014, 2:17 PM PDT

the-originals-season-2-baby.jpg

“Revenge” is on the menu when The Originals returns this fall, and this being the first Tuesday without a new episode of the CW drama, TVLine is here to ease your withdrawal with a little Season 2 scoop.

We recently spoke with the show’s stars – Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis – for a preview of the first three episodes of The Originals‘ sophomore season, which are already in production.

HAYLEY’S HELPERS | Now that Klaus’ baby mama is a full-on hybrid, she’s going to need someone to show her the ropes, but which of the Big Easy’s fanged fellas will step up to the plate? “We’re actually waiting to make that discovery,” Morgan says, though his co-stars have a few ideas. “I think we’ll all put our names into a bowl,” Davis says, to which Gillies adds, “I think Hayley has a trained hamster that draws the names for us.” (Honestly, stranger things have happened on this show.)

GONE BABY GONE | Though the finale ended with Klaus and Hayley sending baby Hope off to live with Rebekah, Tonkin says the hybrids’ daughter won’t soon be forgotten. “The baby is not the elephant in the room,” Tonkin explains. “We definitely talk about her in the first three episodes. We don’t just pretend she never happened.” And before you assume Morgan and the rest of the cast is relieved to not have to work with an infant, the guys insist they’re all baby lovers.

BAND OF BROTHERS | Unlike Season 1, which found everyone at each other’s throats, Season 2 will begin with relative harmony between the men of New Orleans. “That finale was basically an apocalypse, but I suppose we’re a little more bonded than we’ve ever been,” Gillies says. Adds Morgan, “It might be a bit uneasy, but there’s an alliance. Certainly, by the end, we all developed a common goal.”

PARENTAL CONTROL | And the boys will likely find themselves teaming up again to stop Mikael and Esther from wiping out the rest of their family. “They’re not very happy with us,” Morgan says of Klaus and Elijah’s parents. “We’re responsible for killing both of them, so I imagine they’ll be seeking revenge.

‘The Originals’ Season 2 Spoilers — Esther’s Revenge, Hybrid Hayley | TVLine

Nathaniel Buzolic Returning to The Originals In Season 2: Find Out How!

By Andy Swift / May 30 2014, 3:24 PM PDT

nathaniel-buzolic-the-originals.jpg

Last seen enjoying the afterlife on The Vampire Diaries, Klaus and Elijah’s baby bro is set to resurface on The Originals, TVLine has confirmed.

Nathaniel Buzolic will reprise the role of Kol Mikaelson in a Season 2 flashback, which is bound to set up even more family drama for the Original vampires.

Rumors of Buzolic’s return were first sparked earlier this month when a press release noted the actor would only be attending Barcelona’s BloodyNightCon due to “work commitments with The Originals.”

Buzolic previously appeared as Kol in The Originals‘ pilot.

‘The Originals’ Season 2 Spoilers — Kol Returning In A Flashback | TVLine

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
glad about the two male characters becoming regulars, we need more scenes of damon and alaric in the bar drinking, but im sure they not going to keep damon away for that long, how long they keep stefan in that box, two episodes, maybe??

eager to see hayley as a hybrid

i usually take the best line from the season trailer and use it to make the thread: "and now the world has one more quarterback" and "if i hear the word doppleganger one more time" but since other peoplke amking the thread now, my job of promoting the shiet out this show is done

i'll be back though

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Vampire Diaries: Scoop on the future of Stefan and Caroline's relationship in season 6 from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams

tvd4-1389991733.jpg

Here's some scoop on The Vampire Diaries from TVGuide's Natalie Abrams' Mega Buzz column, which was posted on 6/3/14.

Any Caroline-Stefan scoop to hold me over until The Vampire Diaries returns? — Layla
Well, Paul Wesley certainly didn't mince words when my colleague Robyn Rossasked him what he was hoping for between the duo next season! "I think they should just have sex," he says. "Get it out of the way and see how it goes." Hot vampire sex? Why not!
Mega Buzz: A True Blood Tragedy, Falling Skies' Hybrid and Sleepy's New Monster - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

The Vampire Diaries: Scoop on Ian Somerhalder's future on the show in season 6 from TVLine's Michael Ausiello

103943-damon-ian-somerhalder-keeps-a-huge-secret-from-elena-in-the-vampire-di.jpg

Here's some scoop on The Vampire Diaries from this week's (Posted on 6/3/14) Ask Ausiello column.

Question: Any truth to those rumors on Instagram that Damon is done for good on The Vampire Diaries? —Janelle
Ausiello: Allow me to put those rumors to rest, Gullible Janelle. We’ve confirmed the obvious that Ian Somerhalder will be back on The Vampire Diariesnext season, though it’s still anyone’s guess where Damon will be. As for Somerhalder’s Instagram post — a picture of a grave with the caption “Rest in Peace Damon Salvatore. #GameOver :(” — he was just taking advantage of the naive jerking fans’ chains.

‘Nashville’ Season 3 Spoilers: Juliette Pregnant — Hayden Panettiere | TVLine