Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thinking about giving this game another go on the PS5. It’s been years since I played. :jbhmm:

I wish we got a sequel, such an underrated game.
I mean the game is was ok. The pacing was messed up and it took far too long for the game to become interesting. People probably want a sequel because at the end of the game the plot was great and that sequel tease.
If sony wanted to make another one they could, Santa Monica co-developed it. It’s just not a salvageable IP
It’s not that it isn’t salvageable it’s that Sony is only really interested in pushing instant hits. If the game doesn’t come out of the gate on fire they’re inclined to just kill the IP and move on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean the game is was ok. The pacing was messed up and it took far too long for the game to become interesting. People probably want a sequel because at the end of the game the plot was great and that sequel tease.

It’s not that it isn’t salvageable it’s that Sony is only really interested in pushing instant hits. If the game doesn’t come out of the gate on fire they’re inclined to just kill the IP and move on.

I guess thats why they bought Housemarque :skip:

Not that their games aren’t high rated, quality titles but to say they won’t sniff at a game if it doesn’t have “hit” written on it is false. They don’t even make sequels. The game came out and bombed critically and commercially. If it were the 2nd or third iteration of the IP it would make sense to try and do something else with it, it was one game and it didn’t land.

Theres nothing to be gained from investing 100m into another one. Its not worth it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess thats why they bought Housemarque :skip:

Not that their games aren’t high rated, quality titles but to say they won’t sniff at a game if it doesn’t have “hit” written on it is false. They don’t even make sequels. The game came out and bombed critically and commercially. If it were the 2nd or third iteration of the IP it would make sense to try and do something else with it, it was one game and it didn’t land.

Theres nothing to be gained from investing 100m into another one. Its not worth it
Go in any thread or place where the game is discussed and you'll find people raving about it and begging for a sequel. It's obvious you don't put 100 million into another game but one could be made. The engine was already developed so a sequel wouldn't have required a large investment anyway.

Final Fantasy XIII was critically panned and a black eye on the series. Instead of them just moving on it got 2 sequels.

The Order's problem was it was obsessed with trying to be cinematic over being a great game. The setting and world building was interesting if a sequel was made I'd buy it maybe even day one.

Let's not act like Housemarque's last game wasn't a hit that was a game of the year candidate.