The only New York front office that is all about winning is the NY Giants

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
FreedS[ohh]lave;202242 said:
Playoffs in baseball are a crapshoot..the Cardinals werent the most talented team they were 10 games out of the wildcard in August but they got hot at the right time..thats what the baseball playoffs are about..

All you can do in baseball is build your team to get to the postseason from there you need luck and guys hot at the right time..

The Yankees since 2001 though have lost to better teams in the playoffs. Detroit was better than they were last year as was Texas the year before.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Have you not read that I'm on the fence with the Yankees?

I'm glad you follow my posts though, Im flattered.

to deny the Yankees have made some questionable decisions that seem to be directly related to expanding their "brand" you have your eyes closed intentionally.

Signing A-Rod to a deal wasn't JUST about the brand. He happened to be the best 3B in the game at the time.

Signing Soriano had nothing to do with a brand. It was about strengthening a bullpen since we didn't spend $150 mil on Cliff Lee (and Yankee fans today would front like they never wanted that deal)

Lastly, on the Stadium, you just have to get over it. The issue regarding the Stadium has been around since the Reagan Era. It was gonna go down one way or another. I understand the romanticism of the old Cathedral, but there was no way that Stadium was gonna stay up that long and like everything, it's money driven. Even the Red Sox are money driven regarding Fenway. The only reason why a new Fenway Park isn't there is because there's no room unless they wanna move to the ghetto. Just get over it.

The Yankees since 2001 though have lost to better teams in the playoffs. Detroit was better than they were last year as was Texas the year before.

We were a better team than Detroit. The problem was that we couldn't hit Max Scherzer and Doug Fister. The suspect pitching everyone questioned didn't even kill us. It was situational hitting, and sadly, there's no exact science for that shyt that can get you through a regular season and world series. Ramon Santiago and Don Kelly were getting clutch hits against us, yet they're part-time players hitting .183 and .182. Yankee fans nowadays can't tolerate players like that.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Signing A-Rod to a deal wasn't JUST about the brand. He happened to be the best 3B in the game at the time.

Signing Soriano had nothing to do with a brand. It was about strengthening a bullpen since we didn't spend $150 mil on Cliff Lee (and Yankee fans today would front like they never wanted that deal)

Lastly, on the Stadium, you just have to get over it. The issue regarding the Stadium has been around since the Reagan Era. It was gonna go down one way or another. I understand the romanticism of the old Cathedral, but there was no way that Stadium was gonna stay up that long and like everything, it's money driven. Even the Red Sox are money driven regarding Fenway. The only reason why a new Fenway Park isn't there is because there's no room unless they wanna move to the ghetto. Just get over it.

We were a better team than Detroit. The problem was that we couldn't hit Max Scherzer and Doug Fister. The suspect pitching everyone questioned didn't even kill us. It was situational hitting, and sadly, there's no exact science for that shyt that can get you through a regular season and world series. Ramon Santiago and Don Kelly were getting clutch hits against us, yet they're part-time players hitting .183 and .182. Yankee fans nowadays can't tolerate players like that.

Signing Arod to a 10 year deal was all about having him here for the home run record he isnt even going to get now. It was beyond stupid.

This thread isnt about Boston, but the Red Sox front office is just as guilty of this crap as the Yankees.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Hearing that the Yankees arent all about winning is a new one to me. Yeah A-rods contract sucks but there really wasnt any other option to go to I just wish they didnt overpay for him for no reason.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Hearing that the Yankees arent all about winning is a new one to me. Yeah A-rods contract sucks but there really wasnt any other option to go to I just wish they didnt overpay for him for no reason.

Dude opted out. See you later. Instead we come back and give a 33 year old(who im sure we already knew was enhanced) a 10 year contract.

The Yankees win because they spend money. Every cent that they spend isnt solely dedicated to winning baseball games is all I'm saying. Unlike the Giants who have football people making decisions based on winning football games.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Signing Arod to a 10 year deal was all about having him here for the home run record he isnt even going to get now. It was beyond stupid.

This thread isnt about Boston, but the Red Sox front office is just as guilty of this crap as the Yankees.

They're even more guilty of it, which is why people are bordering on being apathetic to the product up there.

But back to A-Rod, The escalators in his deal had everything to do with that. They also signed a pretty damn good ballplayer. Nobody knew he did roids. Nobody foresaw A-Rod not being a 30 HR guy 5 years later. Lastly, and this is the good part: nobody had a better alternative. It's the same reason why we signed guys like Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter to bloated contracts too, and they had WAY more to do with a brand than A-Rod because they've been part of the brand for nearly 2 decades, but you know what? The alternatives would have sucked more. Nobody would harp on some of these questionable decisions if some of these guys were likeable.

Dude opted out. See you later. Instead we come back and give a 33 year old(who im sure we already knew was enhanced) a 10 year contract.

The Yankees win because they spend money. Every cent that they spend isnt solely dedicated to winning baseball games is all I'm saying. Unlike the Giants who have football people making decisions based on winning football games.

The Giants' branding was also taken care of by drafting Eli.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
'

They're about winning enough to keep people in the seats and marketing their product.

LastEmporer2k2 said:
Truth.

Knicks are all about getting that money.

Mets are about saving that money

Jets are about that back-page press

In a nutshell....

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
They're even more guilty of it, which is why people are bordering on being apathetic to the product up there.

But back to A-Rod, The escalators in his deal had everything to do with that. They also signed a pretty damn good ballplayer. Nobody knew he did roids. Nobody foresaw A-Rod not being a 30 HR guy 5 years later. Lastly, and this is the good part: nobody had a better alternative. It's the same reason why we signed guys like Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter to bloated contracts too, and they had WAY more to do with a brand than A-Rod because they've been part of the brand for nearly 2 decades, but you know what? The alternatives would have sucked more. Nobody would harp on some of these questionable decisions if some of these guys were likeable.

The Giants' branding was also taken care of by drafting Eli.

Drafting Eli was a football risk! It wasnt about backpages...it was about building a winner. The Giants gave up a ton for Eli. Read Acorsi's scouting report on him...Eli was anything but marketable coming out.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Drafting Eli was a football risk! It wasnt about backpages...it was about building a winner. The Giants gave up a ton for Eli. Read Acorsi's scouting report on him...Eli was anything but marketable coming out.

But if it paid off, it would lead to big shyt just off his last name. They already had something to go off of. In a way it's the same thing with Fez. They traded up for a football risk and if it paid off, he'd have on and off the field opportunities to please everyone. One has proceeded to eventually win 2 Superbowls. The other one's gonna lose his job to Tebow by week 5. I hated the Sanchez pick and I knew there were ulterior motives to it, but I'm not gonna go so far as to say the Jets drafted Sanchez with no intention of winning. They traded for Tebow with no intent to win, but the Sanchez was still predicated on having a guy that if he won would be a football and marketing magnet. They whiffed on the football part.