The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I'm hearing that the UI is missing a lot of the features that he 360 had? I'm hearing the party system is all jacked up, can't press the guide button to check what friends are online, hard to send game invites, etc. WTF

BreatheEasy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm hearing that the UI is missing a lot of the features that he 360 had? I'm hearing the party system is all jacked up, can't press the guide button to check what friends are online, hard to send game invites, etc. WTF
yeah the UI stuff that side of it is a bit dodgy

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Blue Ray.com Review of Xbox One

The Xbox One's Blu-ray player certainly isn't one for the home theater enthusiast. Picture is solid and sound is excellent, but it lacks precise tuning adjustments. Such audiences will want a dedicated player in their rack. However, the Xbox One just may be the perfect family room Blu-ray playback device for both the casual viewer or family or even the enthusiast who wants a capable second player outside of the home theater. Voice commands are a dream and they work very well at a high percentage rate of accuracy. The failure to navigate disc menus with verbal commands or hand gestures is disappointing, and that the Kinect more often than not fails to recognize commands during loud playback can be an annoyance. These issues, however, are much less likely to plague the casual living room experience, which seems to be Microsoft's target, anyway. Considering the smooth experience, fast access, the absence of glaring glitches, the terrific and intuitive SmartGlass remote app, the awesome Kinect interface, and all the other things the system does well right out of the box, the Xbox One is the clear winner over the PS4 in terms of overall entertainment integration and, more specific to this site and its audience, Blu-ray playback. There's no doubt the PS4 will eventually play catchup and at least rival the Xbox One, but Microsoft has certainly taken the lead and embraced the Blu-ray experience, once its rival, with open arms and an advanced, enjoyable, and accurate interactivity that's nothing short of a terrific experience all round. Oh, and it also plays some great video games. The Xbox One comes very highly recommended.

The Xbox One seems to fare a heck of a lot better than the PS4 did and ends up being the superior Blu-Ray playing device. It's a bit odd, given that the BD is a Sony creation, and also given Sony's major push for the format last generation.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo... of Xbox One&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13854233488686

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Other than the PS3 because it can play 3D Blu-Rays I can't really see watching Blu-Rays on a game console. I got my stand alone Sony Blu-Ray player for $30 and a Blu-Ray burner for my PC for $60. There are just flat out better and cheaper devices that can play those now. this isn't the PS3 days when Blu-Ray players were several hundred dollars.