The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This all digital console is Microsoft's Blu-Ray. They're gonna push this in the face of the market not wanting it and its gonna cost them. its already clear there will be a price to be paid but they're gonna push it anyway.

its not like Sony who was coming off the PS2 that straight dominated a console generation this is a Microsoft that never lead world wide by a number larger than the sold the first year with the Xbox 360 and who went up against a $599 launch console and in the end is debatable barely ahead or some say is actually behind the PS3.

i don't know where they get their arrogance from. they've never dominated anybody in this space and the entire market is telling them no and they're responding with we don't care what you want we're doing it anyway.

the world isn't ready for an all digital console. it very well may never be.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This all digital console is Microsoft's Blu-Ray. They're gonna push this in the face of the market not wanting it and its gonna cost them. its already clear there will be a price to be paid but they're gonna push it anyway.

its not like Sony who was coming off the PS2 that straight dominated a console generation this is a Microsoft that never lead world wide by a number larger than the sold the first year with the Xbox 360 and who went up against a $599 launch console and in the end is debatable barely ahead or some say is actually behind the PS3.

i don't know where they get their arrogance from. they've never dominated anybody in this space and the entire market is telling them no and they're responding with we don't care what you want we're doing it anyway.

the world isn't ready for an all digital console. it very well may never be.
Its getting there, but the problem is that microsoft is TOO aggressive with it at the moment. They are having a PR nightmare and it seems like they don't understand why people will feel the way they are. "Major Nelson" continues to make the same mistake when answering questions about the whole DRM mess.

They are trying to push all these "services" that many who want this can just buy a $100 Roku/Apple TV and call it a day to get most of their fix. I think thats a niche market right now...with products that are 80% cheaper.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its getting there, but the problem is that microsoft is TOO aggressive with it at the moment. They are having a PR nightmare and it seems like they don't understand why people will feel the way they are. "Major Nelson" continues to make the same mistake when answering questions about the whole DRM mess.

They are trying to push all these "services" that many who want this can just buy a $100 Roku/Apple TV and call it a day to get most of their fix. I think thats a niche market right now...with products that are 80% cheaper.
all digital on a console means DRM. it basically means you buy a game and are pretty much stuck with it. nobody really wants that on a console. a select few maybe but people want to have flexibility when it comes to game ownership.

Microsoft gambled wrong. its still not too late for them to stop this. they won't have the market share to make it work and everybody that doesn't like it will just go to their direct competitor.

its like Windows 8 in many ways. the general public doesn't want a tablet OS on their desktop and Microsoft pushed it out anyway and its flopping. sure they're half adding the start button back in but they're knee deep in a disaster still.

the Xbox One is a disaster that can still be avoided. sure it would be embarrassing but i'd rather be embarrassed and right then proud and wrong.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
all digital on a console means DRM. it basically means you buy a game and are pretty much stuck with it. nobody really wants that on a console. a select few maybe but people want to have flexibility when it comes to game ownership.

Microsoft gambled wrong. its still not too late for them to stop this. they won't have the market share to make it work and everybody that doesn't like it will just go to their direct competitor.

its like Windows 8 in many ways. the general public doesn't want a tablet OS on their desktop and Microsoft pushed it out anyway and its flopping. sure they're half adding the start button back in but they're knee deep in a disaster still.

the Xbox One is a disaster that can still be avoided. sure it would be embarrassing but i'd rather be embarrassed and right then proud and wrong.
I can get deep into this whole breakdown about Microsoft, but I want to leave that out of this thread...

The XBOX One will still move units, but I have a feeling that a press release is going to hit either tomorrow or tuesday because it still being available for pre-order on Amazon.

That 24 hour requirement has to be lifted...there is no way around it and I am positive it will happen soon.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can get deep into this whole breakdown about Microsoft, but I want to leave that out of this thread...

The XBOX One will still move units, but I have a feeling that a press release is going to hit either tomorrow or tuesday because it still being available for pre-order on Amazon.

That 24 hour requirement has to be lifted...there is no way around it and I am positive it will happen soon.
Sure ti'll sell at first but will it have legs? the problem is they can't do what they wanna do and life that 24 hour requirement. if they drop that they have to scrap the whole all games are digital system.

this isn't even fanboy trolling its legitimate discussion of the greatest issue facing this platform. of course the other issue of Kinect likely driving up the price of the package hurts too but the DRM thing hurts more.

the thing with Blu-Ray is eventually the price fell and people forgave Sony. this DRM thing isn't a price issue its a feature inherent to the console marketplace that nobody really wants.

who knows how much damage they've already done to themselves. i hope they abandon it for the physical disc but i know better.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sure ti'll sell at first but will it have legs? the problem is they can't do what they wanna do and life that 24 hour requirement. if they drop that they have to scrap the whole all games are digital system.

this isn't even fanboy trolling its legitimate discussion of the greatest issue facing this platform. of course the other issue of Kinect likely driving up the price of the package hurts too but the DRM thing hurts more.

the thing with Blu-Ray is eventually the price fell and people forgave Sony. this DRM thing isn't a price issue its a feature inherent to the console marketplace that nobody really wants.

who knows how much damage they've already done to themselves. i hope they abandon it for the physical disc but i know better.
Breh digital is the future going forward, Sony already confirmed that the majority of people are downloading games on the PS Vita rather than buying the physical cards of the games and that is incredible when you think of the Vita's pathetic memory offerings right now.

Microsoft is just too aggressive with this initial stance. I give them 2 weeks MAX to release a presser that "they have heard the concerns" of the community and will be addressing some of their policies. Heads are probably going to roll tomorrow because I fully expected the launch day edition to at least sell out on Amazon by this weekend.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh digital is the future going forward, Sony already confirmed that the majority of people are downloading games on the PS Vita rather than buying the physical cards of the games and that is incredible when you think of the Vita's pathetic memory offerings right now.

Microsoft is just too aggressive with this initial stance. I give them 2 weeks MAX to release a presser that "they have heard the concerns" of the community and will be addressing some of their policies. Heads are probably going to roll tomorrow because I fully expected the launch day edition to at least sell out on Amazon by this weekend.

Breh, I don't think the vita is a fair comparison in the argument you're trying to make here. The average vita game size is just barely a gig. Only a few precious titles are pushing 2-3 and many are but a few hundred megs. Also, it being a portable has most wanting their games to be just as portably convenient to access and carry around, a la an portable music device or cell phone.

Show me something that shows that level of ratio to full-fledged retail games on the PS3 and maybe you'd have a better point. I'm willing to bet you 500 coli cash you can't find a ps blu ray exclusive title (last of us, uncharted, ratchet & clank, etc.) selling 2-to-1 or better thru digital download over its blu ray release.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Digital is the future but it won't be for a long time in regard towards console gaming.

Think about it for a minute. Console gaming is the only form of entertainment that reaches all demographics around the world. Poor, Rich, PC gamers, People that doesn't surf internet and I can go on. What Microsoft is trying to do is tragic because they are forcing a generation change that takes time and will gradually happen if it does. Dudes in the hood is not going to be downloading games or signing in everyday or majority of the people around the world aren't using Debit Cards/Credit Cards for purchases. Shyt, most people like going to Gamestop for purchases it is a lifestyle and culture.

Gamestop also employes thousands of people every year around the country and it is an economic muscle within itself.
The reason Digital has been successful with the PC market is the dynamics that helped build that process. Apple started with Digital music which transferred to other genres and most PC gamers do not need a physical disc like a console to be honest with you.

All I am saying is Digital gaming MAY never cross into Console gaming in a successful way. Too many cons.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So no GTA 5 and project Spark at launch :to: Gamestop allowed me to preorder GTA 5 for the xboxone

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Gamestop allowed me to preorder GTA 5 for the xboxone

banana-in-the-tailpipe-o.gif