The Official Xbox One X Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Low input lag, higher refresh rate. Why are you being obtuse?
You can be competitive and doing need to compromise a bit for a how entertainment system that accommodates other little in the home and other reasons - such as sports.

I find myself very competitive when playing PvP games and I also need to compromise a bit.

I was wondering whether your determination of competitive didn't include brehs like me out the person you quoted.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I care about having the best version of the console I support.

But you said "serious about gaming", I'm asking would you explain that.
it started with dude saying Vizio's aren't good for gaming. point is if you care that much about input lag, you probably shouldn't be fukking with any TV. obviously there's compromises with TV's with lower input lag and such. but with any compromise there's gonna be some dikkhead there to point out that you could have got something better

thecoli-gif.4958

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
it started with dude saying Vizio's aren't good for gaming. point is if you care that much about input lag, you probably shouldn't be fukking with any TV. obviously there's compromises with TV's with lower input lag and such. but with any compromise there's gonna be some dikkhead there to point out that you could have got something better

thecoli-gif.4958

Lol.

Question, can the human eye really see the difference between 1ms and 15?

My bad, I meant to ask about how different is a button press at 1ms and 15ms? I'd it a noticeable difference

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Lol.

My bad, I meant to ask about how different is a button press at 1ms and 15ms? I'd it a noticeable difference
it's gonna 'feel' more responsive. I think a lot of competitive players will tell you that they notice a difference

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol.

Depends some people can’t tell because they never have had anything else to base it on.

Every time I go to my fams house and they playing games on they tv I’m like this lag is killing me and they like what?:stopitslime:

Then they play on my joint and are like “wow” this is super smooth.

Also I’ve been playing fighters for ever so any lag or input delay stands out like crazy to me.

Anything more than 15ms is completely unacceptable if your playing a fighter competitively at all.

And even then that’s to high

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also input delay and FPS are not Equal

Think of input delay as how quick the screen responses and display whatever action you did.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@lil k @The Mad Titan @daze23

Much appreciated.

I am still a layman albeit I'm a bit more comfortable in these conversations than the typical tech layman. That being said, I was very aware of the need for the lowest input lag available to me at an appropriate price right now.

I settled on the TCL P Series P607 which is not going to wow anyone w/ a high end display however, it has been getting very favorable reviews and most importantly according to the tests down by Rtings.com, the TCL has these input lag stats:

4k @ 60Hz : 14.2 ms
1080P @ 60HZ: 13.9 ms
4K @ 60HZ + HDR: 14.2 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4: 14.2 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + 8 Bit HDR: 14.2 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR: 14.0 ms

According to what you guys are saying, for a console lpayer who wants to be as competitive as possible regarding winning the game - not talking about Esports or the like - I believe I'm in good standing, correct?