The Official Xbox One X Thread

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
I cancelled me preorder in a whim (for some stupid reason :snoop:)

Anybody go to the store and pick one up? I'm thinking of going to Best Buy tomorrow and getting the X (or maybe I'll trade my S in for a discount on the X at Rape Stop)
I got my preorder console but stopped into GameStop at lunch and they had hella consoles available for walk ins...Project Scorpio editions

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
I cancelled me preorder in a whim (for some stupid reason :snoop:)

Anybody go to the store and pick one up? I'm thinking of going to Best Buy tomorrow and getting the X (or maybe I'll trade my S in for a discount on the X at Rape Stop)
Listening to the nerdy sales guy at lame stop talking to othee customer was :shaq:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I was a lil pissed cause I was hoping to get that deal for the xbox elite controller where they knock 50 bucks off at gamestop with the purchase of a xbone x.

Breh said them shyts sold out like gangbusters, and this was like at 2 in the afternoon.

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I'm back with some impressions:

Background:
-All games played on Samsung KS8000.
-4TB WD External drive was used.
-No fanboyism, as I have a PS4 Pro as well.

Games:
1. Gears of War 3 (4K and HDR update look amazing)
2. Gears of War 4 (see above)
3. Halo 5 (4K, no aliasing, HUGE image quality improvement. Enemy animations seem to look a lot smoother, not as janky as before but still not 60 fps at full distance, presumably due to the engine)
4. Madden 18 (4K/HDR and 60 FPS even for after play cuts and replays, gives a heightened sense of realism. The PS4 Pro would only offer 4k with 30 fps cuts or 1080 with 60 fps all the time. The 1X gives the best of both worlds)
5. COD WW2 (4K and HDR, great campaign so far)
6. Wolfenstein II (4K and dynamic resolution, game looks to be in between of 1800p and full 4K)

Still need to install FFXV and Quantum Break tonight.

IMPORTANT: If you plan on making this your primary gaming machine, you will need to get an external. The file sizes for some of these games and upgrades is insane. Had to leave the 1X on all night to download.

Summary: Great games machine so far, makes you feel like you have a high/ultra spec machine for your favorite console games. Look forward to seeing improvements with other titles.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
pub G gettin a one X patch...ima call my gamestop tomorrow and see if they'll have some

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I'm copping later this month. Think I might give my xbox one s to my daughter, though idk if a 6 year old can handle it :patrice:

might just cop the switch for her :leostare:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
So I'm back with some impressions:

Background:
-All games played on Samsung KS8000.
-4TB WD External drive was used.
-No fanboyism, as I have a PS4 Pro as well.

Games:
1. Gears of War 3 (4K and HDR update look amazing)
2. Gears of War 4 (see above)
3. Halo 5 (4K, no aliasing, HUGE image quality improvement. Enemy animations seem to look a lot smoother, not as janky as before but still not 60 fps at full distance, presumably due to the engine)
4. Madden 18 (4K/HDR and 60 FPS even for after play cuts and replays, gives a heightened sense of realism. The PS4 Pro would only offer 4k with 30 fps cuts or 1080 with 60 fps all the time. The 1X gives the best of both worlds)
5. COD WW2 (4K and HDR, great campaign so far)
6. Wolfenstein II (4K and dynamic resolution, game looks to be in between of 1800p and full 4K)

Still need to install FFXV and Quantum Break tonight.

IMPORTANT: If you plan on making this your primary gaming machine, you will need to get an external. The file sizes for some of these games and upgrades is insane. Had to leave the 1X on all night to download.

Summary: Great games machine so far, makes you feel like you have a high/ultra spec machine for your favorite console games. Look forward to seeing improvements with other titles.

:wow: