The Official "Wrestlemania 36" Thread 1st ever Two-night WM (April 4th & 5th)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"The WWE Network is currently available through 186 out of 193 United Nations member states"

They are going for that fake money from those unrecognized one man nations :lolbron:

I mean, from Vince's standpoint, he probably took payment up front, so he doesn't give a fukk who they sell it to, as long as the payment to him clears.

What a bunch of fukking idiots they are for buying in to this shyt. :mjlol:

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Tbh they should've tried to hold Wrestlemania as the first event the day the stadium gets cleared for business; they've got a history with this shyt - first live audience show after 9/11... with all these changes, it's gonna be hard for whatever they put together this weekend to feel like Wrestlemania... and it's just possible they'll land themselves an unnaturally large audience with everyone bored at home and WWE Network free. It could hurt them as much as anything.

What they should do, is what AEW is doing and taking the fukking piss. I'm pretty much a floating voter with these companies, but Jericho cutting a promo on a drone and Matt Hardy teleporting around an empty arena is exacly what wrestling companies should be doing right now. A lot of these guys can be funny - let them go... some stars will be made. Sammy Guevara will be a bigger star post-COVID.

Waiting does them no good, just like doing it now does them no good, fukked either way :manny:

Nobody knows how long this is going to go on for & nobody knows what their doing once they get through what they have taped already. If they pushed it off for 3 months but can't even do the empty PC shows they've been doing it would be really hard to get people to still care at all about most of this.

Like would anybody give a shyt about McIntyre vs Lesnar 3 months from now when all the TV leading up to it could end up just old stuff & maybe some promos thrown in there? Even now it's a whatever level match & McIntyre hasn't been on the shows the last few weeks for even with a promo or something as far as I remember. Last time he was on TV was a 2:30 minute match with Rowan 4 weeks ago & they showed the Rumble match the next week.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Waiting does them no good, just like doing it now does them no good, fukked either way :manny:

Nobody knows how long this is going to go on for & nobody knows what their doing once they get through what they have taped already. If they pushed it off for 3 months but can't even do the empty PC shows they've been doing it would be really hard to get people to still care at all about most of this.

Like would anybody give a shyt about McIntyre vs Lesnar 3 months from now when all the TV leading up to it could end up just old stuff & maybe some promos thrown in there? Even now it's a whatever level match & McIntyre hasn't been on the shows the last few weeks for even with a promo or something as far as I remember. Last time he was on TV was a 2:30 minute match with Rowan 4 weeks ago & they showed the Rumble match the next week.

Yeah, fair - they couldn't run the same card - just a PPV of Wrestlemania size that covered wherever their angles were by that point. Eh, and yeah, Drew's Rumble win ties him to the main event of Wrestlemania. Bag of fukking nails.

Tbh the most sensible thing to do was just to scrap it and do this as a TV special of some kind.

I'm totally willing to be proven wrong by them. Even when their weekly TV is unwatchable they usually manage to pull Wrestlemania off and make it halfway entertaining. There's been at least a few where they didn't manage it and Christ, a flat Wrestlemania is depressing.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
They could post pone it but honestly, there's a pretty good chance they're going to be running shows with no crowds for the rest of the year. At least deep into Summer. And then are people really going to be hunky dory to jam into 10-70k arenas/stadiums for shyt again? They might just have to take the next few months off and use their vast library to fill content. I don't think they (or AEW) can really run shows for months like this.

I guess fukk it might as well run whatever this freak show event is going to be and take the next 3-4 months off and hope things are opened up and safe and people feel safe in the fall.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I can't believe they have those two doing the same corny shyt they were doing in 2008 but now they're both 40 and have completely regressed despite both having gone on to be top guy world champions and main eventers in their respective companies since they split up. :russ:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA