The Official "Wrestlemania 36" Thread 1st ever Two-night WM (April 4th & 5th)

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Tbh they should've tried to hold Wrestlemania as the first event the day the stadium gets cleared for business; they've got a history with this shyt - first live audience show after 9/11... with all these changes, it's gonna be hard for whatever they put together this weekend to feel like Wrestlemania... and it's just possible they'll land themselves an unnaturally large audience with everyone bored at home and WWE Network free. It could hurt them as much as anything.

What they should do, is what AEW is doing and taking the fukking piss. I'm pretty much a floating voter with these companies, but Jericho cutting a promo on a drone and Matt Hardy teleporting around an empty arena is exacly what wrestling companies should be doing right now. A lot of these guys can be funny - let them go... some stars will be made. Sammy Guevara will be a bigger star post-COVID.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Can Wrestlemania.

Do an HONEST best-effort entertainment and gimmick-wrestling show, but don't call it Wrestlemania.

Call it WWE In Our House

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
FOX TO OFFER WRESTLEMANIA PPV NON-EXCLUSIVELY, MORE WWE/FS1 CONTENT

With days to go before their first-ever fully taped WrestleMania, WWE and Fox Sports have signed a deal that will see this year's big event available via their pay-per-view outlets in addition to more WWE content coming to FS1.

The news was first broken by Sports Business Journal's John Ourand and was announced by Fox as well.

Both FoxSports.com and their Fox Sports/Fox Now apps will offer a WWE PPV for the first time as WrestleMania will come with a $59.99 price tag for both nights. FS1 will also produce a WrestleMania pre-show for both nights.

WrestleMania will still be available on WWE network and other PPV providers where available.

Additionally, FS1 will air 22 hours of archived and new WWE programming which begins Tuesday with the 2020 Royal Rumble. Additional one hour shows include WrestleMania 31, 33, and 34, and episodes of WWE 24 and Ruthless Aggression.

As part of that 22 hours, Fox announced a new one-hour show called 'Best of WWE' that will feature Steve Austin, HHH, John Cena, Ric Flair, Brock Lesnar, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Shawn Michaels, Roman Reigns, and the Undertaker.

WWE Backstage also remains on the schedule and will return live in its current remote format Tuesday.

Fox to offer WrestleMania PPV non-exclusively, more WWE/FS1 content

Pay $60 for this garbage, brehs :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FOX TO OFFER WRESTLEMANIA PPV NON-EXCLUSIVELY, MORE WWE/FS1 CONTENT

Fox to offer WrestleMania PPV non-exclusively, more WWE/FS1 content

Pay $60 for this garbage, brehs :mjlol:

Vince out here taking advantage of maybe one of the most content hungry sports networks.

The fukking GALL of expecting someone to pay $60 for this shyt is absolutely mind boggling. Especially since they're still selling the show on matches that aren't going to happen.

I say this all the time, but if this were literally ANY other sport/industry, the hammer would've BEEN dropped on these carny fukks.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
tenor.gif
60 bucks for some pre-taped warehouse show? IndyMania indeed.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
FITE enters the ring as the latest OTT provider to add WrestleMania to their lineup. The company announced they are offering the event as part of a two-day weekend package for fans in the United States and in select international territories for $59.99.

WrestleMania will be held as a two-night event airing this Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET and FITE will offer the event on PPV via HD digital stream, in English and Spanish, along with its custom live chat, so viewers from across the world can enjoy the live discussion of the event, together.

Customers will have the option to purchase the Saturday, April 4 event and/or the Sunday, April 5 event for $34.99 per night, or buy the Weekend Package for additional savings over individual buys. Pay Per View purchases on FITE will include replays, DVR functionality and can be viewed online, PC, mobile devices, Smart TV or their favorite OTT device. Order the event on FITE: ▷ WrestleMania 36: Weekend Package - Official PPV Live Stream

tenor.gif

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
If you plugged in enough to use FITE you should be plugged in enough to sign up to the Network :gucci:

I can understand some old out of touch muthafukkas still using PPV TV but wtf would they use FITE over the Network?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you plugged in enough to use FITE you should be plugged in enough to sign up to the Network :gucci:

I can understand some old out of touch muthafukkas still using PPV TV but wtf would they use FITE over the Network?

I think it's more about the international territories they mentioned more than anything. I'm not going to research it myself, but I'm willing to bet that slot of that are markets where the network has little or no availability.

They're really trying to find the dumbest possible way to recoup some of the lost revenue of having people attend the show. They finally met the point where the decisions to put live PPVs on the network and probably under pricing the network are coming back to bite them in the ass. It just took a baby Captain Trips sweeping the globe for it to happen. :dead:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I think it's more about the international territories they mentioned more than anything. I'm not going to research it myself, but I'm willing to bet that slot of that are markets where the network has little or no availability.

"The WWE Network is currently available through 186 out of 193 United Nations member states"

They are going for that fake money from those unrecognized one man nations :lolbron:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was reading some twitter comments and apparently some areas have shytty internet connections so streaming on a phone or app through your tv isn’t really ideal. :yeshrug: