The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
My initial though of the man in black is that he's trying to find an exploit so the machines become self aware and rise against the creators, maybe he feels a morality dilemma, it mustve affected his real world life, and maybe its a chance at redemption

In the 2nd episode about the MiB...
The security chief says "he can get whatever he wants" when the other techs think he's killing too many hosts and they should try to slow him down. When I heard that, I thought maybe he's not as rich as we thought. Maybe he was given a FREE lifetime free pass to shut him up about something he saw 30 years ago.

I think whatever happened back then directly affected him and his family. Then, he saw Anthony Hopkins appear out of nowhere like a god and use his "magic" commands to take control of the situation. We see that the robots respond to certain spoken code phrases. I bet he overheard some of the robot commands way back then, so he can do some limited magic himself. He's a wizard, trying to become a god.

Back to the 1st episode:
They mentioned that the Abernathy robot used to be The Professor in a horror scenario referred to the cannibal Dinner Party. I think the name "Dinner Party" sounds a lot like "Donner Party" Donner Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner-Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers led by George Donner and James F. Reed who set out for California in a wagon train in May 1846. They were delayed by a series of mishaps and mistakes, and spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the pioneers resorted to cannibalism to survive.

I wonder if that scenario was connected to whatever happened 30 years ago?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the 2nd ep, man this show is incredible. Thandie Newton killed it delivering the same lines of dialogue three separate times with three separate deliveries and facial expressions.

More spoilery stuff....

The nightmare stuff they were talking about is creepy as fukk because it's designed so the robots never discover they're robots. They think anything they see that can't be explained by their limited scope of the what the world is, is just a nightmare. shyt is
mrrno_zpsqj0zmccc.png
as hell to think about.

Also I'm :dead: at that wack ass expansion pack the story designer tried to add on. Dude probably worked for EA in that world.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The scene where they're entering the park for the first time on the train was so cool. This show is really immersive. That first blond host homeboy meets was bad as fukk. It would be such a strange experience to be in this park. Also one of the bots pushed the man in the black up against the wall what if he hurt him in doing so? I thought the bots couldn't harm guests.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched episode 2 and the show remains intriguing :jbhmm:

Whatever game the Man in Black is playing is the most interesting part of the show for me so far.

When the little girl said the maze isn't for him :lupe:

Young British robot designer must have gotten notes to go extra with his character, everybody else subdued and this dude comes in yelling all the time :bryan:

It's cool to see Sabrina from Raising Hope in this show, didn't know she was going to be in it :ehh:

I wonder if the workers at the park get a free day pass or something to have a little fun on the weekends. Wouldn't be a bad job perk :shaq:

Thandie Newton is easily the best looking hooker in that saloon, so far the other workers they have shown have been :ld:

Jeffrey Wright having secret conversations with Dolores :patrice:

Cyclops keep catching L's :skip:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao i just caught episode one tonight. was reading through the whole thread and then got to page 8 and found out episode 2 is out early. :blessed:

i got some thoughts on the first one, but first i'm gonna :eat:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Well 1,400 is pretty big but we don't know how big the park is. Even if the park is the size of a small U.S. state 1,400 people would probably rarely (or never) interact with each other.

Fred.
Even if it's the size of a city i don't think there'd be too many interactions.

Edit spoilers for episode 2
I want to know where that maze is, At first I thought maybe it was some sort of map of the headquarters, but now i'm fairly certain it's something else that's been planted by Anthony Hopkin's builder for someone to find.

Last edited:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Watching e02 right now, hopefully all this fukkery will make sense :mindblown:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I'm pretty sure I'd be fukking every pretty host that came on to me...

such a sexual heathen I am :snoop:

...Their location just got me like :jbhmm:...
They have to be VR...that facility is in the damn city from what it looks like....Or was that a spaceship ...i dunno...