The Official Washington Wizards News & Notes Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Kojo Nnamdi has been on the radio & local tv since I was a kid, and I'm :flabbynsick: now. I don't know if he's in the Radio Hall of Fame, but he definitely belongs there.

His daily show ended a couple years ago but he's still doing the Politics Hour every Friday along with other events for WAMU.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don't know where the Wizards will end up, but I hope that somebody at Monumental Sports brings Phil Chenier, Steve Buckhantz, & Dave Johnson back into the mix.
Dave Johnson still is the radio voice for the Wizards.

They brought Buckhantz back this past season for the 25th anniversary of the Wizards branding.

And I just saw Phil last month at the Wizards draft party. He still does some things for Monumental.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Dave Johnson still is the radio voice for the Wizards.

They brought Buckhantz back this past season for the 25th anniversary of the Wizards branding.

And I just saw Phil last month at the Wizards draft party. He still does some things for Monumental.

I listen to Dave Johnson on the radio. Creh even shouted me out on the check-in and sent me some shirts. I never did win that $50 gift card to Carmine's from Glen Consor, though.
:francis:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I listen to Dave Johnson on the radio. Creh even shouted me out on the check-in and sent me some shirts. I never did win that $50 gift card to Carmine's from Glen Consor, though.
:francis:
I got two Radio Party shirts. I've been asking both of them if they can start sending more of them again.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If Woodbridge could get the Commanders, that would do big things for that area
Why tho :heh: That makes no sense whatsoever. No metro and it’s 1 way in one way out, 395.

My fam is in Woodbridge thats the worst traffic bottleneck in the dmv. Regardless of time or rush hour it completely halts around lake ridge and for my whole life I have no idea why.

Leaving PG makes sense. But then you would either 1) move into one of many quickly gentrifying areas in Dc, or 2- if you wanna do VA move toward Tyson’s which is already developed and still has space. Or just go to Lorton/Springfield still within the metro line

There is nothing worth developing in Woodbridge

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Why tho :heh: That makes no sense whatsoever. No metro and it’s 1 way in one way out, 395.

My fam is in Woodbridge thats the worst traffic bottleneck in the dmv. Regardless of time or rush hour it completely halts around lake ridge and for my whole life I have no idea why.

Leaving PG makes sense. But then you would either 1) move into one of many quickly gentrifying areas in Dc, or 2- if you wanna do VA move toward Tyson’s which is already developed and still has space. Or just go to Lorton/Springfield still within the metro line

There is nothing worth developing in Woodbridge
Virginia is a cluster. It would be in Loudon County. No metro or anything out there.

My dad was saying if they build a stadium in Virginia, you're gonna get mainly the uppity
full
and cac trash going. Black folk in DC and Maryland not going to be venturing all the way out there.

IMO its either staying in PG County (the owners now own FedFex Field site and all the land there which is 200 acres to build another stadium) or back to DC at the RFK site.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Facts but it would help get the crime out that city I hate to say

Woodbridge turning into the slums

Nova is the best part of VA :dahell:
Nova isn't the best part of VA at all, Richmond and Virginia Beach shyt on Nova 😂 I'm from Lynn Court in Woodbridge, always been the slums...

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nova isn't the best part of VA at all, Richmond and Virginia Beach shyt on Nova 😂 I'm from Lynn Court in Woodbridge, always been the slums...

LOL, you’re crazy. NOVA is absolutely the best part of VA. The only region that comes close is the Tidewater/VA Beach area. Richmond - :mjlol:

If you make $150K or more, there’s no better region to live in than NOVA. So many great neighborhoods and developments. I live in Loudoun County, and it’s crazy how this area developed in the last 20 years. It was nothing but farm land and forests from Ashburn to Leesburg and west on 7. Now you have multi-million dollar communities everywhere. NOVA is basically Silicon Valley East. All the data centers and defense contract companies, along with the federal government have made this region recession proof. It’s always going to be an area that’s swimming in money.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Virginia is a cluster. It would be in Loudon County. No metro or anything out there.

My dad was saying if they build a stadium in Virginia, you're gonna get mainly the uppity
full
and cac trash going. Black folk in DC and Maryland not going to be venturing all the way out there.

IMO its either staying in PG County (the owners now own FedFex Field site and all the land there which is 200 acres to build another stadium) or back to DC at the RFK site.

There is now, but your pops isn't wrong. Side note, I heard someone refer to Ashburn as "Ashganistan" now. Very :mjpls:but not entirely wrong.

Shame it would be wild difficult for DC to have all stadiums together like a lot of other metropolitan areas.

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is now, but your pops isn't wrong. Side note, I heard someone refer to Ashburn as "Ashganistan" now. Very :mjpls:but not entirely wrong.

Shame it would be wild difficult for DC to have all stadiums together like a lot of other metropolitan areas.

There is a metro station called Innovation near Dulles that would probably be the preferred stadium location in VA, if DC and MD doesn't work out. About a year ago, Snyder and his flunkies had some plans drawn out for a VA stadium, and that was the preferred location for the new stadium. That land near the innovation station is right off the Dulles Toll Road on 28, closer to West Ox Road and the quarry area. I live less than 5-10 minutes from that region, so I wouldn't be a fan of the stadium locating here in my backyard. It would fukk up traffic on 28 and 7 on game days, and those roads are already fukked up with traffic on a daily basis. That proposed stadium site is about a 5-10 minute drive from their Ashburn VA training camp and offices. I live in Ashburn, literally a 2-3 minute drive from Redskins Park.