The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at this stupid shyt. :why:

I stand by the statement breh :mjgrin:

Why should this chick be a role model influencer instead of one of the Jamaican women? She lost me pretending the Olympics were all about her and that she didn’t fumble the bag. Too much coddling and not enough accountability with us, and cacs love giving people like her a platform.

The whole psychosis w/ some in our community acting like the Olympics fumble wasn’t a huge mess up was disgusting to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Why should this chick be a role model influencer instead of one of the Jamaican women? She lost me pretending the Olympics were all about her and that she didn’t fumble the bag. Too much coddling and not enough accountability with us, and cacs love giving people like her a platform.

The whole psychosis w/ some in our community acting like the Olympics fumble wasn’t a huge mess up was disgusting to me.

Athing, dalilah and Allyson are racing today

but media would rather role with a loud mouth weedhead

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

Felix had that coverage when she was in her prime. This is USA, jamaicans just aint gonna get that same coverage in the USA outside of Bolt who is a track god loved by everyone.
She is 21 A young african american with potential to compete with the Jamaicans in the field. Missing the olympics this year might've worked out in her favor. She fukked up and paid the consequences by missing olympics but she got 3 or maybe 4 olympics left. :camby:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She is 21. A young african american with potential to compete with the Jamaicans in the field. Missing the olympics this year might've worked out in her favor. She fukked up and paid the consequences by missing olympics but she got 3 or maybe 4 olympics left. :camby:

This doesn’t address the issue with her elevation though. Maybe I need someone to put her accomplishments in perspective, but it seems weird to me that she of all people was elevated.

That said, like I mentioned, I was in her corner until I saw the reaction to what happened with her and the Olympics. At first I thought she acted really maturely. But then came the juelzing. If we can’t hold ourselves accountable as a people, we are lost. And all I saw from a lot of people was juelzing. “She still has some Olympics left” what? Why is that the standard response? It’s not guaranteed.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This doesn’t address the issue with her elevation though. Maybe I need someone to put her accomplishments in perspective, but it seems weird to me that she of all people was elevated.

That said, like I mentioned, I was in her corner until I saw the reaction to what happened with her and the Olympics. At first I thought she acted really maturely. But then came the juelzing. If we can’t hold ourselves accountable as a people, we are lost. And all I saw from a lot of people was juelzing. “She still has some Olympics left” what? Why is that the standard response? It’s not guaranteed.
Nike thinks she has next, she has a presence like FloJo.

But yes, until she actually does something I don't see why she should be taken seriously.