The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Noah had an amazing week and so did Richardson. She packed up Jackson again too :banderas:

That's my lil reformed baby girl :to:

she didn't pack up jackson again, she literally had a 5 meter head start, i've only seen like evelyn ashford ran down a top sprinter from that distance

But yeah good performances hopefully track can continue growing in popularity. Honestly I enjoy watching track and field more than anything else (football, basketball)

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she didn't pack up jackson again, she literally had a 5 meter head start, i've only seen like evelyn ashford ran down a top sprinter from that distance

But yeah good performances hopefully track can continue growing in popularity. Honestly I enjoy watching track and field more than anything else (football, basketball)

:pachaha:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

To be fair, you're talking about an island with a smaller population than NYC having to compete against a country with almost 400 mil people. Jamaica's talent over the last 20 years is unheard of. It was a golden gen that will most likely never be duplicated. What Jamaica was able to do in the last 13-15 years is incredibly rare as well as extremely lucky. Having Bolt, Blake, SAFP, Jackson, Thompson, and etc all in this time period is insane.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening with them that happens with all the other countries who don't have the societal stability and wealth to continue churning out generational talents.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, you're talking about an island with a smaller population than NYC having to compete against a country with almost 400 mil people. Jamaica's talent over the last 20 years is unheard of. It was a golden gen that will most likely never be duplicated. What Jamaica was able to do in the last 13-15 years is incredibly rare as well as extremely lucky. Having Bolt, Blake, SAFP, Jackson, Thompson, and etc all in this time period is insane.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening with them that happens with all the other countries who don't have the societal stability and wealth to continue churning out generational talents.

Small population but still almost 100% black with some of the best athletes and a culture that loves track and field over any other sport

I wouldn’t be so quick to make excuses. There’s probably another usain Bolt right around the corner :manny:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a way to wrap up, some thoughts -
Performance of the championship: Shericka in the 200m
Disappointment of the championship: Kerley in the 100m
Guarantee for the Olympics: Duplantis. Man is a machine
Proof God was watching: Ingebrigtsen loses, AGAIN!!!! lol