The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let’s not rewrite history. She blew up because she was winning and after she won USAs. She got even bigger after she was banned.

No one pays attention to any events outside of the 100, 200 and relays. So that’s why Sydney isn’t known. Y’all act like y’all can make any 400 hurdlers outside of Sydney, Delilah and them newer girls anyway.

She did not blow up strictly because of winning. Her aesthetic played a big part in why she started going viral on social media, to dismiss that is to rewrite history

Suzie

Pro
Daps
She did not blow up strictly because of winning. Her aesthetic played a big part in why she started going viral on social media, to dismiss that is to rewrite history
So she didn’t blow up after she won USAs when that clip of her hugging her grandma went viral?

Because I know you not gon lie and say otherwise….

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
There's a thread made every year to put track and field activity's in, this is just the lastest one. Older threads talk about past track and field stars, Shacarri is a polarizing athlete in track so she's going to talked about, but I was asking why other track and field athletes don't get the Shaderoom and other outlet backing like Shacarri does.
Was there a thread made for shacarri in here when she won two weeks ago?

I think you are exaggerating the “they acted like on twitter” angle about her win.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

I think you are exaggerating the “they acted like on twitter” angle about her win.

Why would a thread be made about a semi final win?

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps

Look at the likes and retweets off a semi final win, she placed 5th in the final..........

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Why would a thread be made about a semi final win?
It would be if heads, like the op said, “were acting like” she won the world title.

Read what dude pulled on twitter. Just because he found a few celebrants, suddenly her win was consensus twitter trending (it didnt even trend on twitter) and ballyhooed. :childplease:

Forced as fukk

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Cheered on by more than 25,000 fans the Letzigrund Stadium, Fraser-Pryce avenged a rare defeat by fellow Jamaican Shericka Jackson in Brussels last week to cross the finish line in a blistering time of 10.65 seconds

Jackson was second in 10.81 and Ivorian Marie-Josée Ta Lou took third in 10.91.

"I'm really looking forward to my next season and I'd love to come again," said Fraser-Pryce, who became the first woman to run below 10.70 seven times in the same season.

"I'm just excited... to have won. I'm feeling good to be able to compete. This was remarkable and I'm very proud that I came away with 10.65 — I started with a 10.6 and finish with a 10.6 so there's nothing more I could ask for."

American Sha'Carri Richardson placed seventh in 11.13

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city