The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
It's not even about the individual times each sprinter has done for that seasons form. Its about getting the baton round. Which US has had a problems with the last 2 Olympics.
That’s why I said if they can get the baton around. The other two were pure bum status when Blake and Bolt carried them to the WR.

Rogers was also on the USA team that came very close to the record. I don’t see why these current guys can’t do it if they run the perfect race

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That’s why I said if they can get the baton around. The other two were pure bum status when Blake and Bolt carried them to the WR.

Rogers was also on the USA team that came very close to the record. I don’t see why these current guys can’t do it if they run the perfect race

US don't train the relay like that. They probably havent done so since the 90's when the relay team was basically the Santa Monica track club Lewis Burrell Mitchell. That Jamaican team were all training partners so they were well drilled in practice in the relay. The UK team while having subpar individual times usually win a medal (unless someone pisses hot) because they actually have training camps specifically working on the relay.

*edit*

I forgot Mike Marsh from the relay team.

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
US don't train the relay like that. They probably havent done so since the 90's when the relay team was basically the Santa Monica track club Lewis Burrell Mitchell. That Jamaican team were all training partners so they were well drilled in practice in the relay. The UK team while having subpar individual times usually win a medal (unless someone pisses hot) because they actually have training camps specifically working on the relay.

Yeah them not being training partners is why they end up so sloppy in all the relays. It's the downside to the US trials system. Never know who will actually be there

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You gotta put Lyles in that 4x100. No question :yeshrug:

Who ya'll wanna see?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin