The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I’d love a Vancouver “lockdown”

Right now we are two weeks away from being two weeks ago

and some Other ridiculous “modelling”
Yeah I’m starting to realize how much more open it is out here than in Toronto

The bars are open, but just stop selling alcohol at 10 and close by 11.

And my boys are complaining about that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yea been here for like 6 years now..left Ottawa.

Think my ass buying a crib in Edmonton soon though :mjcry: wack ass city :mjlol:

Hows everything w you my guy?

Damn time flies
I’m actually about to go to Ottawa for my first time ever :mjlol:

I’m still in Toronto and hate this city

Damn Edmonton
Id give anything to live in Vancouver :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah I’m starting to realize how much more open it is out here than in Toronto

The bars are open, but just stop selling alcohol at 10 and close by 11.

And my boys are complaining about that.

Toronto is dead the last time the mall was open was like early December
The last time you could dine in at a restaurant was like November

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Downtown is a fukking ghost town. It's depressing

it will take years for toronto to be somewhat normal again, these ridiculous travel restrictions have killed the airline industry in canada
look forward to another year of no wonderland, no cne, no caribana and being stuck in canada

uk is planning on having 90k folks for the euro 2020 final in july in a stadium

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it will take years for toronto to be somewhat normal again, these ridiculous travel restrictions have killed the airline industry in canada
look forward to another year of no wonderland, no cne, no caribana and being stuck in canada

uk is planning on having 90k folks for the euro 2020 final in july in a stadium

Bruh, my old company is down to under 50 people. I made a smart move by leaving when I did. We had too many clients connected to the hotel industry that I had to make a move when I got the opportunity. That shyt is crazy to me... So many people have left or got axed.

I think businesses will come back quickly only because when things do get back to normal there will be a lot of demand to do things and I think buinesses will jump in and fill that void. But will they be able to make it to that point? Many will not. Sad state of affairs I gotta admit.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Bruh, my old company is down to under 50 people. I made a smart move by leaving when I did. We had too many clients connected to the hotel industry that I had to make a move when I got the opportunity. That shyt is crazy to me... So many people have left or got axed.

I think businesses will come back quickly only because when things do get back to normal there will be a lot of demand to do things and I think buinesses will jump in and fill that void. But will they be able to make it to that point? Many will not. Sad state of affairs I gotta admit.
a lot of people are going to try to insulate themselves from this kind of event in the future by building more profitable side business to supplement their income as well as moving away from businesses/jobs/careers that are affected by these type of events.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Charges laid in attempted murder and robbery in Hamilton that left man critically injured
image.png

Jason Long, 27, is seen in this undated photograph provided by police.

Katherine DeClerq, CP24.com
Published Tuesday, February 23, 2021 9:29PM EST
A 27-year-old man has been taken into custody in connection with an attempted murder and robbery in Hamilton, Ont. earlier this month.

The incident occurred around 11 p.m. on Feb. 10 near Main and Burris streets.

According to police, a 30-year-old man was invited inside the residence of an acquaintance and was “viciously attacked” by assailants.

Two individuals allegedly stole the victim’s keys before fleeing the area in his white Acura sedan, police said.

“Another individual attended the residence as the beating was taking place and attempted to intervene, but he was unable to assist,” police said in a news release issued at the time.

Investigators said that when officers arrived at the scene, one of the assailants jumped out of a window to escape.

The victim was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries. On Tuesday, police said the man is “still on life support and his prognosis is not favourable.”

A 33-year-old woman, who police say was a resident from the apartment, was arrested on Feb. 11 in connection with the incident.

The suspect, identified as Madeleine Peternel, was charged with attempted murder and robbery. At the time, an arrest warrant was issued for a second suspect identified as Hamilton resident Jason Long on attempted murder and robbery charges.

On Tuesday, police confirmed that Long had been taken into custody following an interaction with police. A third person was also arrested for accessory after the fact to attempted murder, investigators added.

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls: Thugs and goons I tell ya, thugs and goons.

ridge

Daps
See folks giving me mixed info then

I just got back here three days ago and am still doing my 2 week Quarantine. But texting with my boy he told me “everything is still closed”.

I’m confused?

Edit: I’m aware that restaurants are open but don’t they have to close by a certain time, or at least stop serving liquor by a certain time.

think it was 10 I heard? Then they have to close by 11.
yea so everything is open, all businesses are open but restaurants/bars must stop serving by 10pm.

i personally dont go out so i dont care but shyts been open. and i live right in vancouver proper