The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
So rates are at all time high in Toronto and the city been locked down for basically 8 out of the last 9 months.

So clearly the lockdown is not having an effect on the rates. People are barely gathering, and what do these incompetent losers say? Lets extend this suffocating lockdown and INCREASE restrictions beyond the current maximum restrictions.

We are absolutely doomed by this joke of a province and its bumbling leadership.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
So rates are at all time high in Toronto and the city been locked down for basically 8 out of the last 9 months.

So clearly the lockdown is not having an effect on the rates. People are barely gathering, and what do these incompetent losers say? Lets extend this suffocating lockdown and INCREASE restrictions beyond the current maximum restrictions.

We are absolutely doomed by this joke of a province and its bumbling leadership.
Yeah I joke about this hunker down shyt in this thread, but it's clearly not working and crippling a sector of our economy.

We either have to go full closure (ala Asia/Australia) or open back up and accept it. No half measures will work.

We need extensive contact tracing, rapid testing implemented.

We're doomed

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah I joke about this hunker down shyt in this thread, but it's clearly not working and crippling a sector of our economy.

We either have to go full closure (ala Asia/Australia) or open back up and accept it. No half measures will work.

We need extensive contact tracing, rapid testing implemented.

We're doomed
it can't and won't work because it's not a full lockdown. the innitial lockdown had a lot more businesses shuttered plus schools. this time a lot of workplaces and businesses are more open because the definition of essential business seemingly changes by the block. school's have also been open while the second wave has been ongoing. Now they are talking about further measures. Now they are finally testing people flying to Canada. We closed the borders and businesses but not schools and the airport. shyt was half assed at best. At this point businesses can't maintain past January with a lockdown. It's a a point where people are willing to take their chances and run their lives without government interference.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They could easily slow the numbers
Shut down everything and I mean everything for two weeks, school virtually. Businesses only work from home or have to shut down, close the borders just like Japan and Taiwan etc do

Give every one 2 grand for their troubles but nah

you can land right now and do whatever

you go to these Asian countries and land if you can they take you straight to a hotel

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
it can't and won't work because it's not a full lockdown. the innitial lockdown had a lot more businesses shuttered plus schools. this time a lot of workplaces and businesses are more open because the definition of essential business seemingly changes by the block. school's have also been open while the second wave has been ongoing. Now they are talking about further measures. Now they are finally testing people flying to Canada. We closed the borders and businesses but not schools and the airport. shyt was half assed at best. At this point businesses can't maintain past January with a lockdown. It's a a point where people are willing to take their chances and run their lives without government interference.
That's what I'm saying. We need to go back to march's action plan + isolation from other countries

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
It might have to be longer than two weeks at this point. They should've shut down everything in November, earlier December. Personally u don't mind a full shudown, but the half assed shyt was never going to work. Shutting down Restaurants, other local businesses and Gym, but keep everything else opened made no sense. Costco's across the GTA got people by droves, following no protocol everyday.

At this point yeah they gotta do a full shutdown for two weeks and see how it goes.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It's crazy how countries like Japan and Korea have seemingly gone back to normal and have around 800-900 cases a WEEK

With a population of 51 million

Movie theatres, gyms etc...have resumed business and everyone is doing their part.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy how countries like Japan and Korea have seemingly gone back to normal and have around 800-900 cases a WEEK

With a population of 51 million

Movie theatres, gyms etc...have resumed business and everyone is doing their part.

Wonder if they'll have full capacity for the Olympics. I watched their annual NYE MMA/kickboxing event this morning and the arena was packed, everyone wearing masks

They're going to vaccinate like crazy before the Olympics

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They could easily slow the numbers
Shut down everything and I mean everything for two weeks, school virtually. Businesses only work from home or have to shut down, close the borders just like Japan and Taiwan etc do

Give every one 2 grand for their troubles but nah

you can land right now and do whatever

you go to these Asian countries and land if you can they take you straight to a hotel

Boggles my mind that dirt poor Vietnam and Thailand can do it and afford to hire contact tracers, but we can't do that here :francis:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
image.jpg

A metallic monolith appeared on Toronto's shorelines on Dec. 31, 2020. (Tom Podolec/CTV News Toronto)

Published Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:52PM EST
Last Updated Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:55PM EST
A mysterious monolith similar to others that have popped up and disappeared in various countries around the world has been spotted along Toronto’s shoreline on New Year’s Eve.

The gleaming structure appeared sometime prior to Thursday morning in the city’s Humber Bay Shores neighbourhood. In photos of the area, the tall structure can be seen along the water’s edge, with the CN tower in the distance.

The monolith appears to be made of metal and stands about 12 feet tall. It also seems to be hollow.

It was spotted Thursday by numerous residents in the area, who then posted photographs to social media.

"Humber Bay got its own monolith overnight,” one resident posted in the Humber Bay Shores Facebook group.

image.jpg

Monoliths, most made of metal and at least one made of gingerbread, have been popping up all around the world—some disappearing just as fast as they appeared.

In the Utah desert, hundreds flocked to see the structure amid a global pandemic before it was removed by athletes worried about the damage to the landscape.

No one has yet claimed credit for removing the monolith in Romania, which mysteriously disappeared.

In Canada, structures have been found in Manitoba and British Columbia.

Toronto residents have expressed delight and concern after finding the structure, with some calling it “rogue art” and others wondering if there is a higher purpose to the piece.

Speculation among those that spoke to CTV News Toronto includes the possibility that it was placed at the location by aliens, that it may be a promotion for an upcoming film, or that the city placed it there as a piece of public art.

Regardless of the theory, most residents said they were intrigued by the structure and happy to see it provoking conversation not related to the pandemic.

At the same time, others expressed a little bit of concern that the monolith will bring people from across the city into the neighbourhood at a time where they should be sticking to their own community due to COVID-19.

aliens are gonna "forward" down tonight.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I honestly can not believe how fukked up Queen and Bathurst/Dunbat area is right now. College street is decimated. The entire arts community is pretty much fukked, that said I honestly think we're just getting into the shyts. The numbers going up can probably be traced back to school being out and holiday shopping. University students being home etc. Its going to be a long winter. Personally I'm glad my girl is off work on mat leave... I give it a good 5-10 years before Toronto is even close to being back to normal.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wonder if they'll have full capacity for the Olympics. I watched their annual NYE MMA/kickboxing event this morning and the arena was packed, everyone wearing masks

They're going to vaccinate like crazy before the Olympics

rapid testing thoug right