The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
1388 new cases in Ontario.

Of the new cases, about 81 per cent are in the Greater Toronto Area, including a record 520 in Toronto, a record 395 in Peel, 109 in York, 72 in Halton and 36 in Durham.

And everything opens up on Saturday - closing gyms and dining was a waste of time.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

Of the new cases, about 81 per cent are in the Greater Toronto Area, including a record 520 in Toronto, a record 395 in Peel, 109 in York, 72 in Halton and 36 in Durham.

And everything opens up on Saturday - closing gyms and dining was a waste of time.

Ford should've gone with 45 day closure :troll:

:ehh:they got 'em....

Under the jail with these wasteman:camby:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

It made no sense when you can still go to the mall , church, mosque etc

Lockdowns only work the way France and England are doing it

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
20% positive :merchant:

Peel not looking good; trillium and osler are at max capacity :sadcam:

We learned the wrong lessons from the wrong people. You open too early and close too late, and you decimate your health care system like all of these European countries.

Look at Poland:

Look at Italy today:

It is time for aggressive contact tracing and restrictive measures, or else this is what happens.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
at the end of the day its a virus aint no way of stopping it other than marshal law which we aint about

Yes there was but the wrong people were doing it wrong and thats its not going away...You cant be asking ppl to do shyt you have totell them to stay home or they will be fined/charged..You close EVERYTHING and allow NO travel in or out NONE...no exceptions,you have to be an authoritarian cuz ppl will do whatever they want if ur less.

Even when shyt was closed they were still allowing flights in and out of the country.Only way this works is if you shut down with an iron fist and this govt didnt do thatoron.

I applaud the govt for trying to be responsible and not follow the US's stupidity but they were way too lax on restrictions...Of course Toronto is leading the way,majority of downtown people are selfish who think they are above the rules at all times...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
We learned the wrong lessons from the wrong people. You open too early and close too late, and you decimate your health care system like all of these European countries.

Look at Poland:

Look at Italy today:

It is time for aggressive contact tracing and restrictive measures, or else this is what happens.

Damn I thought Italy learned?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
20% positive :merchant:

Peel not looking good; trillium and osler are at max capacity :sadcam:

Yup canceling elective surgeries

I had to go into work today been a good four months till my azz was at the downtown hospital site

dark days ahead breh but full steam ahead

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Damn I thought Italy learned?

None of these European countries learned besides Germany. Germany's leaders are the closest to instituting Korea/Taiwan/Australia like measures. But their people didn't listen, they let people back into the country too early and now there is a second wave there.