The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Daps
The irony is I work here (CBC) and had a camera guy try to grab a camera from my shop yesterday, but he wanted a Sony AS7 style. I only have actual shoulder cams... my shop is also below ground level. Anyways I left work at 11:30 to grab food, and 4 PM to go home. Ground was dry, but then I saw mad posts about flooding. Had zero clue any of that shyt happened.
It barely rained here in Parkdale.... just a bit of mid level rain once amd a few drizzles.... but from my balcony the clouds out on the lake did look menacing like something I had never seen in cloud formations before........ but Sauga got it I guess..... so it a go... :ehh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

sorry I mean the whole province of Quebec

The Quebec government is set to announce a freeze of new temporary foreign workers coming in to work low-wage jobs in the Montreal area.

Premier François Legault and Christine Fréchette, the province's immigration minister, are expected to make the decision public on Tuesday morning.

Low-wage temporary foreign workers in Quebec must both be approved by the province and have their employer's LMIA application approved by the federal Immigration Ministry.

As a result of Quebec's plan, the federal government will suspend the processing of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications for six months for job offers with wages below $27.47 per hour, starting on Sept. 3, CBC News has learned.

The hourly wage of $27.47 per hour is currently the median hourly wage in Quebec.