DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Crazy. I don't see how we get out of this anytime soon.

we won't I now see the news and newspaper running articles on how screwed things are when before they were quiet as a mouse.

ah well its almost september another 800,000 international students on their way majority, from the punjab region going to rinky dink private colleges at your local plaza

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The average asking rent in Canada went up last month to a record $2,078. A new report from Rentals-dot-c-a and research firm Urbanation says the total is 8.9 per cent higher than a year earlier.

l

how is this sustainable?

I remember growing up if people heard you lived in kitchener or hamilton it was :scust:

rent-report-august.jpg

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Wouldn't be shocked if Alberta becomes expensive in 3-5 years. I feel many are strongly considering migrating there. Also, it might not be bad to learn some French, but yeah Canada doesn't have many viable options tbh
I don't know much about Calgary
Discussing affordability in toronto with Co workers
Some of them have mentioned family members are selling their properties here and moving out west

Maybe it's my naivety but Calgary screams :mjpls: to me

Naturescapes seem :ehh:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The average asking rent in Canada went up last month to a record $2,078. A new report from Rentals-dot-c-a and research firm Urbanation says the total is 8.9 per cent higher than a year earlier.

l

how is this sustainable?

I remember growing up if people heard you lived in kitchener or hamilton it was :scust:

rent-report-august.jpg
Basically the whole GTHA is the most unaffordable place to live in the Country. Funny thing is people will blame that on Trudeau and not Ford...

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
One way to drive down prices is to make it mandatory that in every condo going up in the city you have to alot ⅓ of the apartments to lower income rental units. Probably easier said than done, but no reason this is going on other than greed.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't know much about Calgary
Discussing affordability in toronto with Co workers
Some of them have mentioned family members are selling their properties here and moving out west

Maybe it's my naivety but Calgary screams :mjpls: to me

Naturescapes seem :ehh:
My friend moved there a couple of years ago, and he said it's not much different than let's say cities like Kitchener and London. However, you'll of course get the look and whatnot in some areas, but he said there are some black people in certain areas, but don't go there expecting much black culture there tbh. However, everyday life doesn't seem that bad there, and if you like stuff like hiking and nature. Then it's of course much better than here, but the winter really sucks there. Also, the job market is much worse there than here, but it somewhat balances out since it's much cheaper to live there, just don't expect much in career advancement in certain areas.

Also, he said to stay out of those cities outside of the major cities because :mjpls:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Canadian politicians don’t want to crash housing/rental prices so here we are.

The policy tools exist but half of them are landlords

Think about it

- Do you think federal politicians want to alter the tax code to reduce tax incentives for property speculation?
- Do you think provincial politicians want to reinsert rent control or place a property tax equivalent to 50 per cent of gains on non-primary residence sales?
- Do you think you city council wants to build or cater to NIMBYs who want to "preserve the neighbourhood" by blocking affordable housing construction in their areas?

:francis: