The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I dont live there but my ex still lives there

in regards to job market, I'd personally stay in toronto (marketing). Too many companies arbitrarily asking for french or its part of their company culture :stopitslime:
I'm in Ottawa and I work in electrical tech. Construction based right now, big thing about here is you have to know french or have a connection.

But everyone's goal is to get into the govy, that's how you know you made it in Ottawa lol

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I'm in Ottawa and I work in electrical tech. Construction based right now, big thing about here is you have to know french or have a connection.

But everyone's goal is to get into the govy, that's how you know you made it in Ottawa lol
I keep telling folks this bout MTL but nikkas act like you can go there as a complete anglophone and be fine

govy jobs are the goal anywhere in the country tho tbh. My cousin from newmarket is at service canada and I swear she'll never quit lol

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I had a friend that moved to Montreal and he moved back because it was hard to assimilate in the culture and move up. I think he had a difficult time speaking French well which was a big no no if you're trying to move up. There are some positives though because it's much cheaper to live there compared to here, but career wise it isn't that easy to transition i bet

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
From 2020 alot of day party joints/lounges and club districts closed down

Bathurst and Front already has construction for that big ole mall and now the area is completely cooked

EFS, Door3, Lost & Found and all dem white joints still around tho :mjpls:

I used to live by Bathurst's and Front by those lakeshore condos in 2013 era...I remember when they started the construction there, it looks different now.

What do you mean is completely cooked though?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I used to live by Bathurst's and Front by those lakeshore condos in 2013 era...I remember when they started the construction there, it looks different now.

What do you mean is completely cooked though?

whole area just sucks and whatever is left isnt as entertaining as it seemingly used to be

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I had a friend that moved to Montreal and he moved back because it was hard to assimilate in the culture and move up. I think he had a difficult time speaking French well which was a big no no if you're trying to move up. There are some positives though because it's much cheaper to live there compared to here, but career wise it isn't that easy to transition i bet
Theres a lot of folks in toronto that assume you can just move out there and pay $500 a month in rent and hold down a minimum wage job, only to end up living in St. Michel with roaches and Haitians tryna rob you en francais :mjlol:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
My nephew moved out to Montreal for a bit when he got a DUI out here and ended up working at MindGeek. Had a little basement apartment. He was doing ok. Nothing crazy.

I couldn’t move there though. Driving around confusing as hell. Especially at night.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:francis: teens

The first investigation involves multiple armed carjackings in Scarborough and York Region on Aug. 19., where a 15-year-old boy was arrested and charged last month.

In the second investigation, a person had their car stolen at knifepoint in the area Pharmacy Avenue and Sesame Street, on Sept. 10. Harris said a 17-year-old boy from Toronto, who was previously reported as 16 years old, has been arrested and charged in connection with this case.

In addition to those arrests, Harris said Valerie Torres-Lizcano, 18, of Toronto, is in custody and faces 14 charges, including robbery with firearm, disguise with intent and conspiracy to commit indictable offence.

Meanwhile, police have issued an arrest warrant for Jasmine Oung, 18, of York Region. She is wanted for robbery with an offensive weapon and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I keep telling folks this bout MTL but nikkas act like you can go there as a complete anglophone and be fine

govy jobs are the goal anywhere in the country tho tbh. My cousin from newmarket is at service canada and I swear she'll never quit lol

I also have a government job (provincial though). I can get my full pension at 55, only thing is the pension as well they take so much out of your pay.

Someone making 10k less than me a year in the private sector would take home more than me

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My nephew moved out to Montreal for a bit when he got a DUI out here and ended up working at MindGeek. Had a little basement apartment. He was doing ok. Nothing crazy.

I couldn’t move there though. Driving around confusing as hell. Especially at night.

Montreal is the most affordable big city in canada