The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
I'm by the Lakeshore and I swear I heard gunshot like noises around 930pm, sounded like fireworks but it was on and off

police just confirmed you heard correctly.
So which is it????......Gunshots were probably from the stage effects.

shots were fired...

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Ontario with PC provincial and federal governments at the same time? That would be the end of the province. Hell fukking no.

Ontarian voters usually don’t have/like an overlap for long.

It’s an interesting pattern. I don’t see Skippy beating Trudeau barring a huge scandal.

He’s just an unlikeable, nasty man.

(He was my MP for many years)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
1. You are judged by the company you keep and who you place on a pedestal/repeat their messaging. The Bible says so.

If you repeat the messaging of a white supremacist, I will make a note of it.
:umad:

2. What possible restrictions? Our Prime Minister didn’t specify that. All he did was urge vaccinations that will reduce the need for restrictions we saw in the past… (I’m repeating his words verbatim)

The vast majority of those restrictions were put in place by our Premier Ford

:umad:
that brother always has sus links and it ain't just him. i try to keep the beef out this thread but it's clear as day that a lot of "conservative" brothers are dipping into the wrong spaces online. i dunno how you fraternize with the alt right and not see it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
that brother always has sus links and it ain't just him. i try to keep the beef out this thread but it's clear as day that a lot of "conservative" brothers are dipping into the wrong spaces online. i dunno how you fraternize with the alt right and not see it.

It’s a problem of modern liberal democracies.

Freedom to explore on the internet (unverified information, studies which aren’t peer reviewed, algorithms meant to illicit emotional responses), express dissent, and upset at the neoliberal order/ecological disaster/neo-imperialism has led to much of what we see in the Locker Room.

It is what it is. I do my part to confront it but I got things to do outside of here
:francis:

Eventually, everyone will learn by force

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:jbhmm:

Toronto Mayor John Tory is speaking out after several people were shot, one fatally, this weekend.
Calling any act of gun violence “totally unacceptable,” he said the shootings that happened in the city over the last two days, notably the “heartbreaking murder of a 15-year-old boy,” are “extremely troubling.”

“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of this young boy and all those impacted by gun violence,” Tory said in a statement provided to CTV News.

“I encourage anyone with information about any of these criminal acts to contact Toronto Police who are working to solve each case.”
Toronto police said at this time a follow-up statement is not available. A media officer is, however, expected to speak with CP24 later this evening.
Yesterday, 15-year-old Shalldon Samuda, of Toronto, died in hospital after being shot early Saturday morning in North York, near Keele Street and Sheppard Avenue West.

Late Saturday night, a 19-year-old man was rushed to hospital following another shooting in North York, this time near Willowdale and Church avenues.
Early Sunday morning, a woman in her 20s was seriously hurt after being shot in Etobicoke, near Eglinton Avenue West and Russell Road.
A man was also rushed to hospital this morning after being shot near University Avenue and Adelaide Street.

Toronto police were also called to a shooting at Club Paradise, near Bloor Street West and Lansdowne Avenue, this morning. In this case, two men were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

“The death and devastation that gun violence causes in all our communities is unacceptable and I am committed to making sure all governments work together to do everything possible to meaningfully address gun violence and keep our communities safe,” Tory said, adding the city has a “comprehensive approach to stopping gun violence” and he would “continue to work with the federal and provincial governments to make sure that we also crack down as hard as possible on the flow of illegal guns across the U.S. border.”

Tory went on to say that they “support the police addressing gun and gang violence in our communities, we work to strengthen sentences and bail when it comes to gun crimes, and we – all three governments – continue to invest in kids and families and addressing the roots of gun violence.”

Daps
It’s a problem of modern liberal democracies.

Freedom to explore on the internet (unverified information, studies which aren’t peer reviewed, algorithms meant to illicit emotional responses), express dissent, and upset at the neoliberal order/ecological disaster/neo-imperialism has led to much of what we see in the Locker Room.

It is what it is. I do my part to confront it but I got things to do outside of here
:francis:

Eventually, everyone will learn by force

Bruh..... PERFECTLY said...... it is here where the SKILL of CRITICAL THINKING is most vital, but alas as has been demonstrated over the past 6-8 years when online connectivity really exploded it is what is critically lacking.... .