The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I'm working at York U atm, and there is a pop up vax clinic near by in Driftwood. The line up is crazy deep since yesterday. People with lawn chairs. Stretches a good distance too

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
York region stepping up :ehh:

York Region is lowering the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility age to 35 and over in five high priority postal codes.

Those born in 1986 or earlier living in the following postal code areas will be eligible to get the shot as of Tuesday morning:

• L4L
  • L6A
  • L4K
  • L4J
  • L3S
In addition, York Region residents aged 60 and older can also book an appointment for their shot starting Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.
Peel lagging :snoop:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm working at York U atm, and there is a pop up vax clinic near by in Driftwood. The line up is crazy deep since yesterday. People with lawn chairs. Stretches a good distance too
Wow..I'm surprised people are this eager.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Man, as a city, I think we're in for a shock. Most people here who aren't immigrants grew up so cuddled. They're crying all day hiw this shyt is fake, going to protests and shyt. I lost my grandfather and my girl lost her uncle who was a doctor. People really about to lose their minds... could have been avoided though.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
LILLEY: India shuts down, we keep taking flights | Toronto Sun

As India’s capital went into a serious lockdown, extended its curfew, closed schools and tried to recover from a record 23,000 new cases — many of them the result of a double-mutant variant — we welcomed more flights from Delhi to Canada. Yes, travel inside of Canada may be restricted but outside the country, it is not.

Want to hop over from Ottawa, Ont., to Gatineau, Que., for some cheap beer? You can’t do that but you can hop on a flight to Delhi for some cheap whiskey with a side of double-mutant variant COVID.

Such are the strange COVID-19 restrictions that we have in this country.

Moving around your own city or town has become more difficult, while every single day, flights land in Canada from all over the world with COVID infected passengers. If these were buses between cities inside Canada, we would have shut this down — but not when it comes to flights.

I’m not picking on India; in fact, my heart breaks for the country. They are producing so much of the vaccine being used around the world and yet are also dealing with spiralling cases.

Perhaps this is why the Ford government in Ontario on Monday announced that deliveries of the AstraZeneca vaccine made in India have been put off. A total of more than 550,000 doses expected over the next few weeks won’t be coming.

We can’t get COVID vaccines from India now, just flights with passengers who have COVID.

Out of 107 flights arriving in Canada between April 5 and April 17, 29 of those flights arrived from Delhi, but there is no extra screening, no talk of banning or pausing flights as we did from Britain and sun destinations earlier this year. The Trudeau government doesn’t see a point in doing that, just like they don’t see a point doing extra screening on passengers from Brazil.

British Columbia is now home to the second-biggest outbreak of the Brazilian variant after, you guessed it, Brazil. Last week, the Trudeau government dropped extra screening saying that the virus is already here.

Maybe with the Indian double mutant variant, they will just wait until it’s here.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
COVID-free Australia ‘in no hurry’ to open its borders

meanwhile in a country with a competent government

Australia closed its borders to all non-citizens and non-residents in March 2020 and has been permitting only limited international arrivals in recent months, mainly its citizens returning from abroad.