The Official TNA Discussion Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Mickie selling those thumbtacks :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tom Hannifan stepped into the commentary role seamlessly and he and D-Lo had immediate chemistry.

Jake Something and Mike Camorato would make an awesome hoss tag team.

Future X-Division Champion "Speedball" Mike Baily is the truth.

Eddie Edward's wife is a terrible wrestler; leaving her out of the Women's X-Division match would've been a case of addition by subtraction.
Chelsea Green having no upper body strength almost ended up killing Tasha Steelz by accident.
Lady Frost was a really good pick-up for the KO division.
It's cool that Tasha got the win because I was expecting it to either be Jordynne Grace or Chelsea.
Gail Kim really doesn't get enough credit for how well she runs the Impact women's division. WWE and AEW would do well to follow Impact's lead and get a retired women's legend with a head for the business to be the person in charge of their women's divisions.

The Trey Miguel vs Steve Maclin match was pretty good; Miguel has come a long was from The Rascalz days...not sure what that entrance with the two guys in hoodies was about.

Good match between Gresham and Sabin; I always forget about ROH rules until they are mentioned but they do add a distinctiveness to matches.

Jonah needs to wear long tights.

That Hardcore War match...it was fine but there were way too many dudes I just don't give a damn about in the match (looking at you Good Brothers, Heath, Rhyno and Eddie Edwards); I do think it's time for TNA to pull the trigger on Joe Doring as a singles wrestler, dude has a lot of potential and I've always been a fan of the big heel hoss cowboy wrestler.
Eric Young is still a really good worker even with all the wear and tear he's taken over the years and TNA needs to have The Good Brothers come up off them tag belts to Swann And Willie D.

Mike Bennett and Matt Taven showing up without Maria immediately at their side had me (and most of the crowd) like "Who are these two jabronies?".
I am curious about whether this is an "ROH Invasion" thing or if it will just be a new faction led by Maria.

Moose is a beast, Matt Cardona has done a great job of changing the perception of him over the past year, I cannot take Big Cass seriously wrestling in gear that makes it look like he lost his luggage.
The match had lots of Dusty Rhodes inspired chicanery but I was cool with it (I happen to like shyt like that) and Moose retaining was the right decision.

I put Deonna Purazzo in the same category as Serena Deeb of being a consummate professional who is almost incapable of having a bad match and makes whoever she is in the ring with look really good.
So even in this hardcore type of match which really isn't her thing, Purazzo makes it work. It was sloppy as hell in some spots, but it worked. Not sure why Mickie James would want to be in this type of match at this point in her life but her theme song is "Hardcore Country", I guess she wanted to prove something.
I also figured Mickie would retain because it does more for Impact to have their KO champion wearing the KO belt as she's introduced at the Royal Rumble PPV.

Overall this was a really good show. Impact has quietly been putting out very good PPVs for a couple years now without really being given the credit they deserve for it.

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Tom Hannifan stepped into the commentary role seamlessly and he and D-Lo had immediate chemistry.

Jake Something and Mike Camorato would make an awesome hoss tag team.

Future X-Division Champion "Speedball" Mike Baily is the truth.

Eddie Edward's wife is a terrible wrestler; leaving her out of the Women's X-Division match would've been a case of addition by subtraction.
Chelsea Green having no upper body strength almost ended up killing Tasha Steelz by accident.
Lady Frost was a really good pick-up for the KO division.
It's cool that Tasha got the win because I was expecting it to either be Jordynne Grace or Chelsea.
Gail Kim really doesn't get enough credit for how well she runs the Impact women's division. WWE and AEW would do well to follow Impact's lead and get a retired women's legend with a head for the business to be the person in charge of their women's divisions.

The Trey Miguel vs Steve Maclin match was pretty good; Miguel has come a long was from The Rascalz days...not sure what that entrance with the two guys in hoodies was about.

Good match between Gresham and Sabin; I always forget about ROH rules until they are mentioned but they do add a distinctiveness to matches.

Jonah needs to wear long tights.

That Hardcore War match...it was fine but there were way too many dudes I just don't give a damn about in the match (looking at you Good Brothers, Heath, Rhyno and Eddie Edwards); I do think it's time for TNA to pull the trigger on Joe Doring as a singles wrestler, dude has a lot of potential and I've always been a fan of the big heel hoss cowboy wrestler.
Eric Young is still a really good worker even with all the wear and tear he's taken over the years and TNA needs to have The Good Brothers come up off them tag belts to Swann And Willie D.

Mike Bennett and Matt Taven showing up without Maria immediately at their side had me (and most of the crowd) like "Who are these two jabronies?".
I am curious about whether this is an "ROH Invasion" thing or if it will just be a new faction led by Maria.

Moose is a beast, Matt Cardona has done a great job of changing the perception of him over the past year, I cannot take Big Cass seriously wrestling in gear that makes it look like he lost his luggage.
The match had lots of Dusty Rhodes inspired chicanery but I was cool with it (I happen to like shyt like that) and Moose retaining was the right decision.

I put Deonna Purazzo in the same category as Serena Deeb of being a consummate professional who is almost incapable of having a bad match and makes whoever she is in the ring with look really good.
So even in this hardcore type of match which really isn't her thing, Purazzo makes it work. It was sloppy as hell in some spots, but it worked. Not sure why Mickie James would want to be in this type of match at this point in her life but her theme song is "Hardcore Country", I guess she wanted to prove something.
I also figured Mickie would retain because it does more for Impact to have their KO champion wearing the KO belt as she's introduced at the Royal Rumble PPV.

Overall this was a really good show. Impact has quietly been putting out very good PPVs for a couple years now without really being given the credit they deserve for it.
:laff: