The Official TNA Discussion Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is like the third year he says Bound for Glory could be their last hurrah. Watch them kick out at 2.999999999, as usual.

But what if they don't :lupe:

They could...

....or they could not

we'lll see

1zr1gl5.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TNA majority owner Dixie Carter held a locker room meeting last night prior to the TNA Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida. According to several sources we have spoken to, Carter spoke to talents about a number of different issues and allowed talents to ask questions.

One of the issues we were told was discussed was regarding late payments to the talents and Carter stated that there are times were payments are made late, stating that is because TNA is waiting for money they are owed to come in.

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE wanted to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have. Carter also stated that the company still owns their own tape library in regard to rumors that WWE was purchasing that.

Carter made it clear that she is still the majority owner of TNA but acknowledged there has been some in-fighting and a power struggle amongst the other owners of the company.

In regard to the financial issues leading into Bound for Glory, Carter said that the show was never not going to happen but acknowledged that they "scrambled" leading up to the PPV.

We are told that Carter acted surprised that everyone was so up in arms and worried about the status of the company and apologized to the locker room that there was so much concern and worry among them.

Amongst those that we spoke to, the feeling was that the locker room meeting did help alleviate some concerns, but there's obviously still a worry at the end of the day about where things may go after the company is done filming for the rest of the year. But, there was respect for her stepping up and addressing the roster.

-PWInsider

Man, Dixie Carter is just about the biggest idiot on two legs. How the fukk could she be clueless to how all of this uncertainty would make her employees feel?

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Man, Dixie Carter is just about the biggest idiot on two legs. How the fukk could she be clueless to how all of this uncertainty would make her employees feel?
Dixie has that Svengali effect and she is a way more shrewd and devious person than people will ever admit to. Folks are fooled by the southern belle act to not notice that TNA is in this position because of her. She may have saved the company after HealthSouth went under, but her decisions helped stunted the company's growth.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

I thought it was strange how Corgan didn't say anything during the meeting.

An earlier report said that he wasn't even there but I guess he was somewhere in the back.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hogan and Jarrett threw them a lifeline of money to extend their life and Dixie automatically fukking it up:francis:

Billy not being at that meeting tells me everything I need to know :snoop:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Hogan and Jarrett threw them a lifeline of money to extend their life and Dixie automatically fukking it up:francis:

Was he at the meeting? One source said he wasn't there and another source said he was there but he didn't say anything.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps

Even with this latest turn of events, this tells me that Dixie would rather see the company fall than sell the company with this power struggle nonsense. The party is over and the talent in the back needs to wake up and soon.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
We are told that Carter acted surprised that everyone was so up in arms and worried about the status of the company and apologized to the locker room that there was so much concern and worry among them.
Amongst those that we spoke to, the feeling was that the locker room meeting did help alleviate some concerns, but there's obviously still a worry at the end of the day about where things may go after the company is done filming for the rest of the year. But, there was respect for her stepping up and addressing the roster.

:mjlol: surprised people are worried.

Dixie still being the owner of TNA is depressing. She set up the company in a way to make no money & has like 4 different other people/companies with some fraction of ownership because they keep paying for it. At some point those people are going to realise it's a losing battle & drop out while Dixie still owns it because she would rather own it & watch it die, than sell it & give someone else a chance with it :francis:

If Corgan had any sense he would leave, get some investors, & start his own thing. Buying TNA & trying to build on that shyt foundation isn't going to work. The only reason for Corgan to buy it would be the TV deals anyway & those are apparently not good enough to keep the company going financially even with how bare bones TNA is run. Corgan could probably get a better deal himself anyway through whatever connections he has.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just read some spoilers

how the fukk did Cody Rhodes get a title shot already

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
If Corgan had any sense he would leave, get some investors, & start his own thing. Buying TNA & trying to build on that shyt foundation isn't going to work. The only reason for Corgan to buy it would be the TV deals anyway & those are apparently not good enough to keep the company going financially even with how bare bones TNA is run. Corgan could probably get a better deal himself anyway through whatever connections he has.

Yeah, if I was Corgan, I'd probably back out and wait for TNA to fold and then scoop up any talent I could, all while seeing what I could work out with ROH, PWG, Chikara, New Japan, UK promotions, etc. I think online is the future for small wrestling companies. Do house shows + live streams, iPPVs, match highlights on YouTube, etc. There's too much interference, lack of control, and money issues that arise from trying to do a weekly TV show on a cable network. MAYBE do a syndicated TV show, but that's it. Basically, stop trying to put yourself on WWE's level. Build yourself up organically with a vision to become a major promotion.

No matter what, change that fukking name. TNA was always a dumb name and it's a failed brand. Get rid of anything associated with the TNA name.