The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I worried about bringing back parries because although I respect 3rd Strike, I don't consider it purely Street Fighter

This system, while not perfect, has obviously been given a lot of thought. Parries have enough of a cost if you fail that it shouldn't break the game or alter traditional SF play

Throws are gonna be a problem tho:huhldup: . Punish Counter damn near doubling regular throw damage and Parry bait throws are gonna have nikkas suffering. Not to mention command grabs effect on those situations

i think Capcom realizes this too because throw techs resetting to mid range neutral is :dead::dead::dead:

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I'm liking the way this looks. The animations are crazy to me. This truly looks like a new gen fighting game.

I agree. It def feels like were entering in a new gen with fighters. I'm hoping Project L also feels like that.

But honestly the fact that full crossplay across all systems (PS4/PS5/Series X/S/PC) along with Rollback is confirmed, I'm already sold.

If we can get Project L and the sequel to dbfz also this gen with the same crossplay/rollback features this is hands down gonna be the GOAT gen for fighters.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
No balrog still disappoints me. I’ll have to main Guile until they dlc my guy :mjcry:

street-fighter-balrog.gif

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I worried about bringing back parries because although I respect 3rd Strike, I don't consider it purely Street Fighter

This system, while not perfect, has obviously been given a lot of thought. Parries have enough of a cost if you fail that it shouldn't break the game or alter traditional SF play

Throws are gonna be a problem tho:huhldup: . Punish Counter damn near doubling regular throw damage and Parry bait throws are gonna have nikkas suffering. Not to mention command grabs effect on those situations

i think Capcom realizes this too because throw techs resetting to mid range neutral is :dead::dead::dead:

Parries are just Faultess Defense by another name plus Max said those perfect parries aren’t easy to pull off. Plus everything is tied to that meter, so if you fukk em up you are in fukked situation.

From what I’ve seen so far that autopilot shyt is gonna get you wrecked. Capcom actively wants you making in the moment decisions with all meter options. Combine it with the high recovery/cost and it doesn’t seem as strong as people think it is.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Parries are just Faultess Defense by another name plus Max said those perfect parries aren’t easy to pull off. Plus everything is tied to that meter, so if you fukk em up you are in fukked situation.

From what I’ve seen so far that autopilot shyt is gonna get you wrecked. Capcom actively wants you making in the moment decisions with all meter options. Combine it with the high recovery/cost and it doesn’t seem as strong as people think it is.
Perfect parries have a 3 frame window they'll be easy enough to pull off if you're serious. And don't forget that you gain bar for pulling it off successfully

Also it can't be considered faultless defense by merit of you having to hold down the buttons for multiple hits. This is where the decision making matters. If you wake up holding Parry and get 720'd that's yo ass :huhldup: :mjlol:

But again throws in relation to the drive mechanics are what's gonna have nikkas throwing controllers:russ:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hope they expand the movesets for each character. These move rosters are a joke