The Official Star Trek discussion thread.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
GGJHfYJWwAEA8Ac

The future is Black! They honored Uhura properly with her being the center, without Nichelle Nichols paving the way, we wouldn't have this continued excellence!

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When is Prodigy coming back :noah:

In the states anyway. I know the whole season already aired in France :francis:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Been watching a lot of voyager. Its honestly not too bad and im a fan of the characters. Tho still a solid 3rd show. I like janeway, chakotay, paris and the asian kid. 7 of 9 helped show immensely.

Deep space 9 had best story tho and inter relations between cast and best reccurring cast in garak and damar and dukat, etc etc. those side characters imo MAKE ds9. Without them its kinda dry imo even with the easily more intense story. Plus i hated the ending. Its hard to rewatch imo while the other 2 i can throw on any time but easily better in a way and one of my fav shows ever.

next gens cast is just waaaay too iconic. Each and every one of them is a legendary star trek fharacter so its kinda not fair in that way. But ds9 made up by having the serial story telling which helped you relate to the characters whereas next gen suffered ep to ep depending on who wrote it or what about.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody's watching Prodigy season two? :smh:

I've only seen the first six episodes so far, but I like how they're leaning into it being a Voyager sequel more heavily than they did in season one, since the whole arc of the series is
refugees from the Delta Quadrant finding Chakotay's stranded ship, and Janeway trying to learn what happened to him.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Binged the lot. It was great.

The Doctor’s shudder as he says ‘Cerritos’. I wonder if he’ll pop up in S5 of LDS.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally finished Prodigy season two. It came out earlier this month, but I intentionally took my time watching it because I didn't want it to end. It's my favorite show of the current era of Star Trek, and I know it's not getting a season three. :mjcry:

Season two at least ends in a satisfying place for all the characters. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was
Dal stepping down from being captain of the new Protostar to be Gwyn's number one, when his whole arc in the series was wanting to become captain. I get that, if the show were to continue, it would just be part of his arc of 'earning' the captain's chair, but this is the exact same thing they did with Michael and Saru in Discovery season three, and that whole thing was a waste of time, especially when Michael finally gets promoted to captain and then Saru demotes himself to her number one. :unimpressed:

I also appreciated
Wesley having such a big role in the second have as a Traveler, since he only appears as a cameo in the season two finale of Picard and gets a passing mention in season three. Since this show takes place some 20 years before Picard, we get to see Wesley reconcile with his mother and meet the younger Jack Crusher, which was a heartwarming touch.

Hope this show at least gets a comic book tie-in or something. :mjcry:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Lots of stuff from the panels today. Lower Decks trailer, SNW clip, S31 trailer, looks like absolute crap, The EMH & 3 DSC characters joining Academy and a new live action 25th century comedy.