The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
They're shooting this in Toronto, Tdot brehs

This is down by the station. They shot a load of Suicide Squad in the same area.:ehh:

I'm sure I'll see it being shot when I'm out, but I'm going to be mad as shyt if they shut down streets with no warning.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yea the director seems cool as shyt hopefully wb lets him cool like patty and wan. Shame ww film killed the Greek pantheon wld have been a nice tie in mentioning how before billy there were others chosen by the gods (also black Adam) but I’d like to see a ww cameo

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Never heard of this director, what's the back story on him getting the part?

He made the original Light's Out short

Got an offer from a producer at New Line to make it into a feature film along with James Wan, he also did Annabelle 2 last Summer. Basically he's backed by Wan and is known to keep budgets low. He only spent 5M on Lights Out and it made 148M+ and 15M on Annabelle 2 which made 306M

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
He made the original Light's Out short

Got an offer from a producer at New Line to make it into a feature film along with James Wan, he also did Annabelle 2 last Summer. Basically he's backed by Wan and is known to keep budgets low. He only spent 5M on Lights Out and it made 148M+ and 15M on Annabelle 2 which made 306M

Wan & Breh know how to keep the costs low.. that profit gonna be immaculate :wow:

and they're both loved by critics so i dont see any negatives coming from either projects. basically. 2018 is a good reset year critics wise for the DCEU

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Warner Bros. Dates DC/New Line’s ‘Shazam!’ For Spring 2019

Warner Bros. already had April 5, 2019 RSVP’ed for a DC titles and today they revealed that movie will actually be David F. Sandberg’s Shazam!

Pic,which is scripted by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke, will also play in Imax. Interestingly enough that date is not Easter weekend, a time frame that WB took advantage of when they launched Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice to $166M. No other major studio has even dared yet to program against Warner Bros. on April 5. Zachary Levi stars as the title superhero.

WB also announced that the untitled DC movie that was dated for this summer, July 27, is now off the calendar.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Ron Cephas Jones In Talks to Join New Line’s DC Superhero 'SHAZAM!'

Ron-Cephas-Jones-Mamaragan-in-Shazam.png

“This is Us” actor and theater vet Ron Cephas Jones is in talks to play the Wizard in New Line’s DC superhero film “SHAZAM!” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

The Wizard bestows all the powers on a teenage Billy Batson (Asher Angel) so that he can magically transform into a fully adult-size superhero (Zachary Levi).

Mark Strong has also joined the cast as the villainous Doctor Sivana. Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Cooper Andrews and Faithe Herman round out the rest of the cast.

“Lights Out” filmmaker David F. Sandberg is directing from a script written by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke. Production is expected to start next month in Toronto.

Peter Safran is producing the superhero film, and is also producing DC’s “Aquaman” for Warner Bros.

SHAZAM, who was first introduced into DC Comics in 1939, is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury from whom Batson’s alter ego derives his heroic attributes when in adult form.

Ron Cephas Jones is best known for his recent Emmy- and SAG-=nominated role playing Randall’s (Sterling K. Brown) estranged birth father, William, on NBC’s hit show “This is Us.”

Jones other recent credits include “Luke Cage,” “Mr. Robot” and “The Get Down.”

“SHAZAM!” starts production next month ahead of a release on April 5, 2019.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Shazam Synopsis Revealed As Film Begins Production

Shazam!, the newest entry in the ever-changing DCEU, has begun production, and with it comes an official synopsis. Director David F. Sandberg helms the film which focuses on a young boy who is suddenly blessed with super powers. Read the full Shazam synopsis below.

Production has officially begun on Shazam!, a new DCEU film that will bring the superhero formerly known as Captain Marvel (before Marvel’s Captain Marvel took that tile for good) to the big screen. Asher Angel stars as seemingly ordinary kid Billy Batson. Billy’s ordinary life is turned upside when he suddenly finds himself blessed with super powers thanks to a wizard. These powers enable Billy to transform into the adult superhero Shazam, playedby Chucki star Zachary Levi. Now that production is under way, an official Shazam synopsis has been released. Check it out:

We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana.

Meet the Shazam Cast
Shazam! also features professional movie villain Mark Strong as Dr. Thaddeus Sivana. The rest of the cast includes Jack Dylan Grazer (IT) as “Billy’s best friend and ultimate superhero enthusiast, Freddy, part of the foster family that includes Mary, played by Grace Fulton (Annabelle: Creation); Darla, played by Faithe Herman (This is Us); Eugene, played by Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat); and Pedro, played by Jovan Armand (Hawaii Five-O). ” Cooper Andrews(The Walking Dead) and Marta Milans (Killer Women) play foster parents Victor and Rosa Vasquez, with Ron Cephas Jones (This is Us) as the Wizard.

Annabelle: Creation director David F. Sandberg is helming the film. Sandberg also revealed some more details about the project, and the character of Billy Batson, to the Toronto Sun:

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will serve as one of the film’s executive producers. Speaking of the Rock, he’s currently helping develop Black Adam, a film about one of Shazam’s main villains.