The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Will The Rock be in this one or is he having his own Black Adam movie? I don't trust shyt the DC does now. I'm predicting failure now.

Edit:Cena...
Nah I'm good.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The rock is playing black Adam

not in the Shazam movie ...

that plan got changed a while ago

DC Chief Confirms The Rock Isn't Going To Be In Shazam Movie

Rumors started circulating that The Rock's take on Black Adam would not be appearing in the upcoming Shazam! film, and now DC has officially cleared up the issue.

Specifically DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who spoke to Yahoo about the news saying “We haven’t announced any casting yet, but Dwayne isn’t going to be in this movie. He’s still doing Black Adam, but he won’t be in Shazam!"

That's got to be a bit of a disappointment for DC fans, as The Rock's involvement with Shazam! was for the longest time the only thing interesting about the project. The good news is that his solo feature is still in development, and hopefully, it picks up steam now that Shazam! is in full swing.

The two won't face off in either film, but perhaps that is setting up a meeting down the line, perhaps with another team of heroes? Right now it is all conjecture, but that's really the fun of it all right?

Shazam! still doesn't have a lead actor, but at least now it has a director, as Annabelle: Creation and Lights Out helmer David F. Sandberg will be in the director's chair for the film. There have been rumors around a few actors for Billy Batson, including Armie Hammer, but nothing concrete has emerged.

The DCEU's latest, Justice League, hits theaters later this year. The official synopsis can be found below.

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent
I saw a rock tweet that said he liked Armie Hammer for the role but I don't think that's happening. I wonder if rocks casting as black adam has them thinking they need a physically similar guy for shazam which is why cena's name is popping up. Dudes acting is :huhldup:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Shazzam is just Fawcett's Superman, I think physically Jon Hamm would be the best choice but meh

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn