The Official Saturday Night Live Season 41 Thread(Fred Armisen/Courtney Barnett May. 21st)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
this show really sucks. i dont know why i put myself through this sometimes
It's a down year for sure.

But just when you think SNL is sinking they always bring in someone that rejuvenates the show.

They have a few decent secondary players but they haven't been able to replace forte/sudekis/samberg/wig/Hader.

I have faith Lorne will find someone.

Weeknd update has been strong this season at least

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
It's a down year for sure.

But just when you think SNL is sinking they always bring in someone that rejuvenates the show.

They have a few decent secondary players but they haven't been able to replace forte/sudekis/samberg/wig/Hader.

I have faith Lorne will find someone.

Weeknd update has been strong this season at least
i dont mind the cast overall but the writing has been really bad for like a decade and its just getting worse and worse

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i dont mind the cast overall but the writing has been really bad for like a decade and its just getting worse and worse
A strong cast member can take terrible writing and make it gold. Will ferrel made everything funny when he was there Wig was kinda like that too.

A lot of the current cast are just kinda there. And there's too many one note cast members like Jay Pharoah, Leslie Jones and Pete Davison who don't bring anything other than their shtick. Kyle Mooney sucks. His samberg style skits are horrendous.

They just don't have a strong lead cast member to lean on. It's just a bunch of middle of the road types who can't elevate a skit.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
A strong cast member can take terrible writing and make it gold. Will ferrel made everything funny when he was there Wig was kinda like that too.

A lot of the current cast are just kinda there. And there's too many one note cast members like Jay Pharoah, Leslie Jones and Pete Davison who don't bring anything other than their shtick. Kyle Mooney sucks. His samberg style skits are horrendous.

They just don't have a strong lead cast member to lean on. It's just a bunch of middle of the road types who can't elevate a skit.
this is true. i really enjoy Cecily Strong and the one chick from Ghostbusters(im high lol)..they both really commit to each role. One thing i noticed that is missing from this era is recurring characters...there really arent that many other than the ones that pop up on Weekend Update...i kinda liked that ninja skit Leslie Jones did...they should build on that because other than that she's useless on the show.

the fake Samberg dude grew on me after awhile....i enjoy his random hiphop vids making fun of different types of hip hop fans..i feel like dude posts on message boards or something because i feel like only people like me could even understand what he's doing lol

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they letting jay shine on weekend update but he needs to stop cracking up during his damn impressions :stopitslime:

drake beef skit was classic shyt

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
At first it looked like they were just leaving, but it seems like they got word their contracts weren't going to be renewed and they just said fukk it. Leslie Jones does seem more like the black cast member they prefer:mjpls:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Cecily Strong, Kenan Thompson, Bobby Moynihan, and Vanessa Bayer are among the cast members back for the NBC sketch comedy stalwart, the network confirmed to EW on Tuesday. Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che are slated back, as are Kyle Mooney, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson, Beck Bennett, and Sasheer Zamata.