The Official Quiet Storm R&B Thread

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
After years, I was recently able to find this classic, which was one of Pattie Labelle's biggest hits. The problem was, I kept looking under Phyllis Hyman. Anyway this cut played through the whole summer of '86, after I met this chick in the park that late spring. We spent the whole summer going back and forth between Hains Point and Anacostia Park, and the all-night drive-ins on Central Ave. in Capitol Heights, where they ran Friday all-night horror movies. Btw, the DC parks use to stay open all night back in the day.

This chick could almost sing like Patti Labelle too. I'd say she was 95 percent there. I use to over hear her singing sometimes, when she thought I couldn't hear her. Yes she missed a few notes, but not that many. She use to be lead singer in a band. Anyway, I was surprised how this cut was able to still take me back to that fun warm summer.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Crazy I'm actually listening to this song as I scrolled through this thread. Not a lot of people on this one. You gotta be really digging through the crates to be on this joint.
I'm just :old: and my aunt had that album when I was a kid. That's also why I don't like Blue Magic tracks because she played them TO DEATH!!!!!

Back to the thread......