RsqV4R9.png

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gonna be straight wit chy'all

I don't see a reason to upgrade to the PS4 for the next year at least

the PS3 does basically everything the 4 for does... the 4 just has better graphics

It's not like going from the 2 to the 3... Blu-ray was worth the upgrade

Same goes for XBOX

But shyt, if my PS3 broke... $400 for ps4? That shyt is peanuts!

Its smart to wait.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I've heard nothing but positives on that DS4. I just like the layout on the xbox controllers more :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
fakkits at Microsoft were running their games on PC with Nvidia cards for E3.

It just keeps getting worse for Microsoft: After facing a consumer backlash over DRM, a bizarrely high price and no love on Amazon, a new scandal has emerged.

Earlier today, CinemaBlend commented on the fact that a broken Xbox One game returned to the Windows 7 home screen, and that, in a pic we could see that it was running on a Nvidia 700 series GTX GPU (the Xbox One uses AMD). The Battlefield 4 demo ‘running on Xbox One’ was also spotted to include the PC command ‘backspace’. While it sounded terrible – these are meant to be console games, CinemaBlend tried to put things into perspective:

Truth be told, none of this should be a surprise to most people given that all E3 demos run their games on high-end PCs; it’s a smoke and mirrors circus to sell the idea of the game, sort of like how pro wrestling sells the idea of fighting despite being scripted. We should all be used to it by now and it’s just common practice [from most studios] given that the devkits or comparable specs aren’t usually finalized at this point.

Turns out, however, that they are wrong. Developer of upcoming PS4/PC/iOS title The Witness Jonathan Blow tweeted (tweets ordered for clarity):

It is not true as the article says that “all E3 demos run on hi-end PCs”. The Witness was running on PS4 dev hardware, and it looked to me like all the other PS4 games were running on dev kits as well.

Dev hardware is the hardware that will be in the final retail box, but in a less consumer-oriented package.

Dev kits almost always have more RAM yeah. Better CPU+GPU, no…

All the indies I know were running on the PS4.

We worked very hard to get our game running on the actual PS4 hardware and operating system in time for the show. As did many other devs.

Sucker Punch’s Jason Connell added:

Yup, we were definitely on a dev kit. [For inFamous: Second Son]

Blow commented:

That is kind of crazy considering consoles are supposed to be on the shelves with these games in 5-6 months.

During Microsoft’s press show I was impressed by how good the games looked given the console’s specs. But if they weren’t running on those specs then it becomes pretty questionable.

I actually don’t want XB1 to fail because we need competition to keep things healthy.

And finally:

I’m seeing a lot of forum comments saying “it is no big deal, most E3 demos are on PCs”. False. I wonder if this is “reputation management”.

This whole thing sounds utterly bizarre: has Microsoft been essentially lying to journalists and viewers with games running on completely different hardware? Aliens: Colonial Marines drew intense criticism after it was revealed that journalists played a better version of the game than was actually released, and it’s hard not to feel deja vu.

Could Sony capitalize off of the fact that the PS4 seems far more along? Is Microsoft hiding yet another thing? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

PS4 Games Demoed on PS4 Dev Kits Says Blow, Xbox One Games Spotted Running on PCs With Nvidia Cards - PlayStation LifeStyle

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Almost definitely leaning toward going PS4 over XBOX One. (Huge 360 fan, btw ... never bought PS3)

Would pre-ordering via Best Buy be smarter than via Amazon?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Almost definitely leaning toward going PS4 over XBOX One. (Huge 360 fan, btw ... never bought PS3)

Would pre-ordering via Best Buy be smarter than via Amazon?
Well at this time you can't buy a straight up "Launch" version standalone via Amazon, so if you are looking to buy the console alone? Best Buy is your best bet right now.

If you are looking for a game to go with it, yeah maybe check out Amazon (Since they don't even soft charge). I would go amazon personally.

Check out the first post in this thread.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wow @Liquid, Really? You need that google search fame like that bruh? You just take over my thread? Couldnt just edit my post and add whatever you wanted to add to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Wow @Liquid, Really? You need that google search fame like that bruh? You just take over my thread? Couldnt just edit my post and add whatever you wanted to add to it.
I couldn't "jack" your thread myself, its a part of the restructuring of the forum.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
@Liquid you know this thread can no longer be accessed from google search regarding official playstation threads now right.

Is this nikka a fukkin xbot or dyin for the fame?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@Liquid you know this thread can no longer be accessed from google search regarding official playstation threads now right.

Is this nikka a fukkin xbot or dyin for the fame?
:whoa: it was the result of a merge. It should all be smooth soon

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Brothas cant even have hot playstation 4 threads without xbots and the cac coming to take it away. Mmmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmm :smh: