The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So... I put in a few hours playing Tales of Xillia with the DS4.

:whew:

Tried holding the DS3 afterwards..... :shaq2::camby:
Can you or @Fatboi1 drop the link you guys used to set up and configure that DS4 for PC games? I'm trying to test it out on BF4 right now. Thanks in advance...

Daps
Is it me or do these games look just like current gen games.

I already paid my shyt off, and im a gamer at heart but pretending like this is something special at this point is just stupid.

The shyt is not impressive, i`ve looked at every game and unless you're some tech nerd it's way too similar to current gen.

Maybe games just capped out, hate to rain on the parade, but after watching Knack I cant help but have zero excitement about this launch.

And i know it's going to be sick in a few years, it just isn't now

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I already paid my shyt off, and im a gamer at heart but pretending like this is something special at this point is just stupid.

The shyt is not impressive, i`ve looked at every game and unless you're some tech nerd it's way too similar to current gen.

Maybe games just capped out, hate to rain on the parade, but after watching Knack I cant help but have zero excitement about this launch.

Knack never caught my interest, but Killzone Shadow Fall looks like a next-gen title breh. That's the only game I'm copping on launch day.

I'm already eating off of BF4 on PC.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Man, this bas been debated over and over.

The law of diminishing returns is in play here but

2k14, battlefield, killzone etc look nothing like current gen

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Amazon has the 1.5TB in stock. They have been selling like hot cakes so place your order because the "in stock" just went live, for $128.00

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDIU5IW...TF8&colid=3F5XVFJKSKQXE&coliid=I2W8HINZJQ2ITM

HGST Travelstar 5K1500 2.5-Inch Mobile 5400 RPM 9.5mm Internal Bare Hard Disk Drives 0J28001

• 1.5TB of capacity
    • Advanced Format, 512 byte emulation
    • 6Gb/s SATA interface
    • 5400RPM Performance
    • Halogen-free for eco-friendly design

Just copped one. Think I ordered everything I need to eat on the 15th.

BUicA.gif

Daps
Man, this bas been debated over and over.

The law of diminishing returns is in play here but

2k14, battlefield, killzone etc look nothing like current gen

They are by definition barely better

I saw the video comparison IGN did of BF4 and it's hard to tell any differences in motion, you have to stop it slow and grab screen shots to really notice things.

It's just not impressive, it doesn't have that gap jump that previous gens do, and i`m already 550 paid in, i`m just not impressed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

We've been through this. The start of a generation isn't impressive. you're dealing with a bunch of rushed titles and ports of current gen games. many of these games weren't built for the tech these systems have but for the prior generation and were just ported over. If you wanna be wowed then cancel the preorder and buy one in a couple years.

Also in terms of graphics we've reached a point of diminishing returns. Once everything became HD things can and do look better but its not gonna be like the transition from PS1 to PS2 or even PS2 to PS3.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you or @Fatboi1 drop the link you guys used to set up and configure that DS4 for PC games? I'm trying to test it out on BF4 right now. Thanks in advance...
My setup is annoying though. Some key bindings don't work like pressing triangle doesn't switch back and forth between weapons so I use the touchpad button to switch to another weapon. Parachuting I can't seem to get working right and menu popups don't work right. The main essentials like shooting and everything else is alright but honestly it's better to use a 360 controller for this game but you can try anyway.
http://www.filedropper.com/settings_2
extract this and put the files x360ce.exe, xinput1_3.dll and the other x360ce.ini file in the root directoy of bf4
The settings folder replaces the settings folder that should be in your ...battlefield 4 folder which is in your documents. back up yours just in case.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My setup is annoying though. Some key bindings don't work like pressing triangle doesn't switch back and forth between weapons so I use the touchpad button to switch to another weapon. Parachuting I can't seem to get working right and menu popups don't work right. The main essentials like shooting and everything else is alright but honestly it's better to use a 360 controller for this game but you can try anyway.
http://www.filedropper.com/settings_2
extract this and put the files x360ce.exe, xinput1_3.dll and the other x360ce.ini file in the root directoy of bf4
The settings folder replaces the settings folder that should be in your ...battlefield 4 folder which is in your documents. back up yours just in case.
Yeah, after reading this...

fukk that

:heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why would you play BF4 on a PC using a pad when everybody else is using a kb and mouse? they'll slaughter you.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why would you play BF4 on a PC using a pad when everybody else is using a kb and mouse? they'll slaughter you.
You know I've heard this for a while, I played the beta with my DS3, and I'm playing the retail with my DS3... over 10 hours and my K/D is .92...

I'm not getting slaughtered, and the majority of my games are played solo by myself. If I had a squad to run with on the reg, and if I didn't get kicked out of various servers when I was absolutely beasting my K/D would be over 1 right now.

Plus I'm not going to take the time out to learn kb/mouse, I'm going to just play it and get better, because I'm still going to be playing FPS on consoles so if anything it'll make me that much better when gaming on PS4 (Killzone for example)