The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Digital only titles can't be a full game?
I mainly joined Playstation plus for full retail games. Like full scale titles that ship on Blu-ray so when you say full game i think Knack or Killzone not some small scale digital only title.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was playing the Puppeteer demo and all I could think was that Sony should had made Japan Studio make this a PS4 launch title and Knack a PS3 title. The game looks great on the PS3 but would look :wow: on the PS4, and add in remote play :banderas:

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mainly joined Playstation plus for full retail games. Like full scale titles that ship on Blu-ray so when you say full game i think Knack or Killzone not some small scale digital only title.

that's your opinion and purely subjective. when i think free game, it means any non-demo game i can play for free. i've played a lot of great digital only titles. hell, telltale's walking dead (game of year), was digital only up until the last episode.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The PS4 isn't backwards compatible with PS3 games. So there isn't a back catalog of retail games to be part of the PS4's IGC at launch. I though everyone understood this. You're gonna have to stick with your PS3 longer if you want them retail games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
that's your opinion and purely subjective. when i think free game, it means any non-demo game i can play for free. i've played a lot of great digital only titles. hell, telltale's walking dead (game of year), was digital only up until the last episode.
free full game implies something more than an indie title or small scale downloadable title. honestly if a person ask what free full games are coming to Playstation Plus this month its safe to assume they're talking about full blu-ray based retail titles.

like the driving game that's a retail title on Playstation plus but they scaled it back because they want people to buy the full game. they're not going to give away free full games this early into the life of the Playstation 4 because Playstation Plus free full games are typically games that have already had their retail run and them giving the title away at that point isn't going to hurt sales.

dude made that bet knowing that and not like he said the goal post are being moved. i'm not saying a smaller scale downloadable title can't be good i'm saying on plus those games are padded filler for the disc based titles.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
free full game implies something more than an indie title or small scale downloadable title. honestly if a person ask what free full games are coming to Playstation Plus this month its safe to assume they're talking about full blu-ray based retail titles.

like the driving game that's a retail title on Playstation plus but they scaled it back because they want people to buy the full game. they're not going to give away free full games this early into the life of the Playstation 4 because Playstation Plus free full games are typically games that have already had their retail run and them giving the title away at that point isn't going to hurt sales.

dude made that bet knowing that and not like he said the goal post are being moved. i'm not saying a smaller scale downloadable title can't be good i'm saying on plus those games are padded filler for the disc based titles.

Journey and Flower were released on disc but were originally download only. Would you consider them full games? Or you mean big budget?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Journey and Flower were released on disc but were originally download only. Would you consider them full games? Or you mean big budget?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/29/playstation-plus-septembers-instant-game-collection/
i mean the style of game that gets prominently featured when they advertise Playstation Plus.

KFC's mac and cheese or potato wedges might be alright but people go there for the fried chicken. not saying they don't want the wedges but there is a main draw and it ain't them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Chinese Bruhs are leaking PS4 production pictures

apparently this one factory is producing/shipping over a million Quads....and they aren't the only factory makin em. :wow:

pPlIen5.jpg

p0BkvHP.jpg