Essential The Official Photography Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Laid up due to having a surgery performed on my shoulder, I got bored and started poking around my lightroom library and found a couple cool features while toying with some old photos..

First one I discovered is that changing the color profile from adobe color to adobe landscape in lightroom is a cheat code when it comes to color correcting. Made some already nice lenses i own look a couple more $1000's than they had already cost me lol. Modern 7 is pretty nice too if you're looking for a warmer look. Going through my whole catalog now and updating a gang of old photos to it right now.

aiz8WXt.png

Second was a dope feature that levels and straightens the perspective of your photos quickly and makes them more accurate to what I feel i originally tried to capture. I imagine the wider the lens the better the corrections you'll experience with this function. Hit the C button on your keyboard or go to the crop option under the Geometry dropdown is where you'll find it

M8jGKbV.png

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
How are y'all brehs cleaning y'all lens? I went to take the lens cap off my 85mm, only to realize it was already in pocket. Smudged the lens all the fukk up smh

I’ve always used those lens cleaning pens with the felt tip at one end and the soft bristles at the other. Other than that, lens cleaning solution and soft eyeglass cloth.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I’ve always used those lens cleaning pens with the felt tip at one end and the soft bristles at the other. Other than that, lens cleaning solution and soft eyeglass cloth.

Yup lens pens are the best (the felt tip) aside from using some pancro fluid/kimwipes. Only thing with fluid is you might be removing the multicoating.

Me personally I never use bristles as they can still scratch the lens or filter if you're not careful.