Essential The Official Photography Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Dark skinned, light skinned on a sunny looking like mid day wedding. That's a tough task.

Probably would have brought a strobe and lit up the subjects best I can. Or use a reflector. Might have to edit him seperately as well.

But if I were to give an easy tip I'd say make sure your white balance is consistent.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Did you use flash?

Outside in midday is always hard especially if you don't have a strong enough flash or pocketflash to overpower the sun

All I would have done for the outside photos is raise the contrast and saturation, add some dodge and burn on the skin and

DSC01955.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Cancelled my pre order for my r7. I'm still going to buy but it's not urgent and I don't like these companies holding money on my card. Plus with the border finally being open I can buy in usd and save 250

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I normally shoot for fun but last week I shot a wedding for a friend's daughter. When she asked for a price I had no idea what to charge. I started looking at prices and didn't realize that wedding photographers were making that kind of money. I shot for six hours and everything went pretty well. By the time it was over they handed me a check for 2k. The next day I was so drained. I am not sure if its something I would want to do again. So many important moments that can be missed.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I normally shoot for fun but last week I shot a wedding for a friend's daughter. When she asked for a price I had no idea what to charge. I started looking at prices and didn't realize that wedding photographers were making that kind of money. I shot for six hours and everything went pretty well. By the time it was over they handed me a check for 2k. The next day I was so drained. I am not sure if its something I would want to do again. So many important moments that can be missed.

2k for your first wedding? You the boss now breh!! Taylor Jackson charges 2,300 for 6 hours.

And yeah wedding photography is tough especially those all day ones. As a single shooter. You’re on your feet for hours chugging around gear. You can’t rest because you might miss a moment. You sit down to eat they dancjng , you go get a drink they cutting the cake. Then after all that you gotta edit and cull which can take hours.

Most weddings I do now is just the ceremony and after shots and I prefer that nice and easy.

Remember the golden rule if it takes more than forty seconds to edit bush it.

Don’t doubt your work. I used to think some of my photos were meh then I’d see top wedding photographers and my photos were just as good.

Even if you finish editing in a few days wait a week or two to give their photos

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
2k for your first wedding? You the boss now breh!! Taylor Jackson charges 2,300 for 6 hours.

And yeah wedding photography is tough especially those all day ones. As a single shooter. You’re on your feet for hours chugging around gear. You can’t rest because you might miss a moment. You sit down to eat they dancjng , you go get a drink they cutting the cake. Then after all that you gotta edit and cull which can take hours.

Most weddings I do now is just the ceremony and after shots and I prefer that nice and easy.

Remember the golden rule if it takes more than forty seconds to edit bush it.

Don’t doubt your work. I used to think some of my photos were meh then I’d see top wedding photographers and my photos were just as good.

Even if you finish editing in a few days wait a week or two to give their photos
I wish I would have posted in here before I shot the event. It took some hours to edit the photos. I ended up editing about 100 pics and I just gave them the rest on a flash drive. They were happy and that made me feel good about what I did. I probably will get a couple of more jobs from people at the wedding.

Thanks for the advice. If I do it again I may invest in an 85mm lens. I think I want the 105 macro first. Its been on my wish list for a while now.

Daps

Damn 2k for your first wedding and you were the only shooter
:whew:

As far as editing I recently found out that most wedding photographers who shoot a lot of weddings outsource that shyt. John branch and Taylor jackson has recent videos on programs that do it.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

As far as editing I recently found out that most wedding photographers who shoot a lot of weddings outsource that shyt. John branch and Taylor jackson has recent videos on programs that do it.
I saw John branch was selling a preset that I almost bought but decided should just work it out myself.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

yeah but they can afford that because they are shooting like every week or charge these big ol prices

I remember it used to take me like 10-15 hours to edit wedding photos, now I can do it easily. Cull photos, crop, apply filter, apply ai functions done