Essential The Official Photography Thread

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Appreciate the help I'll spend the money and go mirrorless. I just moved to Puerto Rico and don't want to pay that 11.5% sales tax (even on online orders) so ill buy something when I'm in Atlanta next week.

Ill do my research and narrow it down a used Sony a7II or the Canon eos R/rp. Yall been a great help.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Appreciate the help I'll spend the money and go mirrorless. I just moved to Puerto Rico and don't want to pay that 11.5% sales tax (even on online orders) so ill buy something when I'm in Atlanta next week.

Ill do my research and narrow it down a used Sony a7II or the Canon eos R/rp. Yall been a great help.

hows life in puerto rico?

I have the EOS r and the RP

Photos taken with the R/RP you won't notice the difference major differences are

1. battery sucks for the RP
2. video sucks for the rp 4k is cropped

if you don't care about video can't go wrong with the RP

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hows life in puerto rico?

I have the EOS r and the RP

Photos taken with the R/RP you won't notice the difference major differences are

1. battery sucks for the RP
2. video sucks for the rp 4k is cropped

if you don't care about video can't go wrong with the RP
PR is good but getting expensive because everyone and their mother trying to move here for the tax breaks under act 60. I been exploring the island and finally back motivated to start shooting. Ill start posting pictures here from my adventures

I can careless about video.

Last edited:

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Trying to get in the game. No experience at all. Wanted to find something capable of photo and video. Maybe short films. What do you guys think about this deal for an a6000 on OfferUp?

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/UI4EOJ4vRlb
For an ancient camera. A6000 is still capable. It’s my 2nd body but been using it for years.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Caught a flight today and the guy next to me just bought a hotel and remodeling. I briefly told him I do photography as a hobby and take photos near his hotel all the time. Long story short he asked me to come by and shoot some photos of his hotel. The guy is full of real estate knowledge so Im looking forward to picking his brain.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
id rather make movies/videos than take pictures this photography shyt hard as hell, you can snap 300+ pictures but only get like 20 good results:unimpressed::what:

my girls photogeneticness makes up for my lack of still skill i suppose.

P1100658.jpg

P1100891.jpg

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
I sold some last year. Made about 800. It was cool during the pandemic and being at home etc. It's not bad for some "throwaway shots" you have lying around from other gigs or test shoots. It can become time consuming and might be worth it for what it is though. Passively speaking, it's good for some pocket change.

which ones of yours sold the most?

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
id rather make movies/videos than take pictures this photography shyt hard as hell, you can snap 300+ pictures but only get like 20 good results:unimpressed::what:

P1100658.jpg

P1100891.jpg

I say the same shyt about video breh lol.
Good stuff tho, keep experimenting and it will come with time

Daps

P1100658.jpg

P1100891.jpg

We’re the settings and lighting the same for each photo, and was there editing done? One is a lot warmer than the other.