Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
weddings are exhausting!
any tips from anyone in here?
I'd say try to expose an area/scene well and take as many shots with those same settings and look as possible.

If the reception is indoors and dim, just use flash. Not just for weddings, but events in general, if you can control the light and shoot at the same settings, it's a breeze editing them. You can edit one photo, then apply the same settings to the others.

If you're tinkering around with your settings constantly, it's going to take longer to edit especially if there's a lot of variation in exposure from shot to shot.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Have my first paid shoot that's not a wedding on September 4th. Just a couple wants some photos done in a park outside.

Hope I don't mess this up :francis:
Couples always been difficult for me because people get weird about affection with a camera around. My advice is get a vision board going or use that save feature in IG to make a little group of couples poses.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'd say try to expose an area/scene well and take as many shots with those same settings and look as possible.

If the reception is indoors and dim, just use flash. Not just for weddings, but events in general, if you can control the light and shoot at the same settings, it's a breeze editing them. You can edit one photo, then apply the same settings to the others.

If you're tinkering around with your settings constantly, it's going to take longer to edit especially if there's a lot of variation in exposure from shot to shot.

Yeah I always shoot with flash when I shoot weddings . Since I got my godox v1 it’s been a breeze

Ettl mode and I switch between manual and av on the camera

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Couples always been difficult for me because people get weird about affection with a camera around. My advice is get a vision board going or use that save feature in IG to make a little group of couples poses.

Thanks breh

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
MotoAmerica Pittsburgh Road Race Series........

3O3A8113.jpg

3O3A8115.jpg

3O3A8121.jpg

3O3A8128.jpg

3O3A8148.jpg

3O3A8173.jpg

3O3A8187.jpg

3O3A8218.jpg

3O3A8221.jpg

3O3A8241.jpg

3O3A8256.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
brehs how do you deal with shooting people on a sunny day for example? Like its mad sunny do you have a set of settings you always use

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
brehs how do you deal with shooting people on a sunny day for example? Like its mad sunny do you have a set of settings you always use
Find some shade :troll:

Jokes aside, ND filter and a strobe does the trick.

Or you can just use High speed sync and increase your shutter speed. :wow:

Scrims are great as well to limit hot spots and keep folks from squinting

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

Choosing time of day is super important - I've learned the hard way.

Either gotta do it early morning or towards golden hour for softer light.

Find a shaded area or use a strobe.

Under exposing too much can be bad as when you recover from shadows there might be too much grain ..

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago

That wedding was last month. I’ve learned a lot of lessons since then. My sigma 19mm let me down but the 35mm and the flashpoint zoom li-on battery saved the day for the most part.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

Sound advice. When I was assisting on a wedding, my friend basically made sure our settings were matching so batch/edit would be a breeze.