Essential The Official Photography Thread

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
they are piff, but the only way you can truly learn is to go out and shoot.

1. Watch/read tutorials
2. Play with camera
3. Go out and shoot
4. Edit photos to your liking / watch/read tutorials on how to edit
5. do it again

you will only improve by going out and shooting. Coming back and looking at your photos, then going back out and getting better photos the next day. Coming back and looking at what you can improve for your next outing. Just keep shooting breh. And yea, those vids are good.

right, thanks for the tips, im mostly looking for tutorials in order to get the basics right as far as aperture, shutter speed, iso and what not

im leaving for south east asia end of november for 6 months so I'll have PLENTY of opportunities to practice

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Just got back from 3 weeks in Europe. Took way too many pics. Here are a few.

2njwyua.jpg

2ivekpx.jpg

j0i1ko.jpg

11ahik1.jpg

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
yo @JoelB i notice you pointing to some lynda video tutorial earlier in the thread, are they any good

for example Foundations of Photography: Exposure | Video Tutorial Transcript from lynda.com

does it looks like its worth it ?

Those tutorials are good. If there was a hosting site that would allow me to upload them all while giving you fast speeds I would upload em to this thread.

2njwyua.jpg

Thats dope, I would have so much fun with that image if I had a raw file.

Last edited by a moderator:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

2njwyua.jpg

2ivekpx.jpg

j0i1ko.jpg

11ahik1.jpg

lol man everyone that comes to london always takes the same photos, no diss or anything but its expected just like if i came to newyork taking pics of the statute of liberty. you should of came to the bits.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
lol man everyone that comes to london always takes the same photos, no diss or anything but its expected just like if i came to newyork taking pics of the statute of liberty. you should of came to the bits.

I'll take that challenge and bring something new to the table.

2ihrngp.jpg

ehhppt.jpg

357ghf4.jpg

efs3o4.jpg

It's all good. You are right. Just like if people come to Seattle it's pics of our popular spots. I did get out to the Shoreditch area.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I'll take that challenge and bring something new to the table.

2ihrngp.jpg

ehhppt.jpg

357ghf4.jpg

efs3o4.jpg

It's all good. You are right. Just like if people come to Seattle it's pics of our popular spots. I did get out to the Shoreditch area.

nice nice, shoreditch night life is good for photos too

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
:what:

That's a pocket camera breh. Those pics are amazing from something that size. Full frame point and shoot camera.

What's not to get?

oh, nah cause it just looks normal init. small cameras with big lenses will produce photos obviously

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if this has been posted but i found this interesting

The 50 Greatest Street Photographers Right Now | Complex

Street photography is one of the most interesting yet overlooked genres in imaging. Capturing architecture, people in passing, odd details, and intriguing signage, these photographers are at the top of their game. They're not limited by using film or digital, shooting black and white or color, or having available light. They photograph their hometowns and their travels, and many make political and social statements while they're at it.

Our list took into account the legends, but only included the ones who are still producing work. On the same token, we searched for the prolific newcomers who have amassed online followings from their top notch portfolios. They aren't necessarily ranked, because even within this very specific genre, there's a great breadth of work to be considered.

These photographers go out into the streets and find incredible places and subjects that have inspired them. It won't be difficult to take away something amazing from each of them.